What was the first thing you changed?

Options

Replies

• Apple31415
    Apple31415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the water. New Year's resolution was to drink tons of water and the side benefit was i cut out sugary drinks. Success with that led to logging food and paying attention to portions via MFP. I've only been on for 5 weeks and blasted through a weight loss plateau i'd been stuck on for months.
  • nm100610
    nm100610 Posts: 8
    Options
    I stopped drinking 7 cans of soda a day and switched to just water! And sometimes those flavor packets when I really want a soda! Goodbye extra 1000 calories!
  • Kinseykick
    Options
    First I cut out fast food and soda, then cut out coffee and added water, then started exercising, then started tracking food calories and watching what I ate. Now I'm just trying to keep doing all of that :)
  • kaylatee0
    kaylatee0 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    1. Stopped drinking an XL Tim Hortons Double Double with a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast (every single day!)
    2. Stopped eating after 7:30PM. It doesn’t matter what time you eat at, as long as you come in under your maitainence,. However! I had a bad habit of finishing dinner and standing in the pantry munching on a whole bunch of little things. By stopping eating after 7:30 I easily cut my daily calories by 500-800.
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Stopped replacing sleep with energy drinks. After getting over the initial nausea of no longer having them in my system, I was surprised by how much better I felt and how much less "squishy" my figure was :happy:
  • mellyboobear
    mellyboobear Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I hope that is working out for you :)
  • Ryan_Reborn
    Options
    1.) Abstinence from addiction... 2.) quit smoking.. 3.) Begin to overcome fears.. 4.) Change eating habits ( now intermittent fasting) 5. Proper sleep! 6. GET PUMPED 7. Exercise 8. Do a superset of #'s 3-7 until Failure. 9. Success !!!
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Started eating at least one portion of vegetables per day.
  • 2keiki
    2keiki Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I cut WAY back on the sugary drinks. I used to drink, iced tea, juice and pop all the time, now it's a treat.

I like how you say "it's a treat" as opposed to NEVER having it. =)
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Mine was excercising... I needed to do this immediately... I used to be so lazy!
    What about you?:)
    Same as you
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    QUIT SMOKING, started logging, and took the money I would have spent on cigarettes and spent it on my health instead. 1 pack = 1 jump rope, box of no-sugar-added ice cream bars, or a pack of protein shakes. 1 carton = 1 pump or new seat for my bike, or a set of exercise bands. Also, I joined a gym.
  • SarahAnna87
    SarahAnna87 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Portions! I always thought I was a healthy eater..... Turns out my healthy meals were actually too small.... I gained weight during binge sessions because I was so hungry. Now I eat more and at regular intervals!
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    -Less fast food
    -More exercise
    -Followed the recommended portion, scale in hand!
  • D_T_H
    D_T_H Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking pop significantly from 10 to 12 cans of pepsi a day sounds as bad as it was for me when I say it to 2 a day and stopped fast food entirely
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Water. I used to go all day with only a cup of coffee, then be thirsty all night. Unfortunately, I drink a lot more water during the day now, but I'm still thirsty all night.
  • dianalee9
    dianalee9 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    The first thing I changed was my mind. I went from thinking "this is too hard. I can't." to "I CAN. Watch me!"

**edited for spelling.
  • jon830
    jon830 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started cutting out sodas. Oh, and started visiting my grandmother during non-meal hours. lol
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Bought better coffee at home so it didn't need the extra crap to taste good, and got a food scale so I could see how much I was really eating
  • addean1
    addean1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I started just by logging my food, and didn't even worry if I hit the number for the day, but just log it ALL. Didn't take long and I was switching to lower calorie choices. I was already exercising, I eventually bumped up the exercise routines a bit,
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking soft drinks and started walking.