What was the first thing you changed?

Options

Replies

• dianalee9
    dianalee9 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My pants - when I saw how much fat and calories I was eating on Atkins.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Soda intake, portion size, and cutting out my random Hershey Kiss here and Thin Mint there and so on. Makes a huge difference.
  • nsimon24
    nsimon24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I changed My thoughts about food and losing weight. I came to the realization that going on a "diet" was not going to work for me, and what I really needed to change was my way of using food (solution to boredom and loneliness) and make more lifestyle changes that I could maintain indefinitely. I signed up for a 5K run as a motivator to exercise, and set small targets for myself for weight. The biggest thing for me is I do not punish myself with guilt for enjoying food that is considered "bad" for me, I appreciate it, recognize it as a "treat" and move forward. Another thing that helps is asking myself before indulging in a treat "Is this worth gaining weight for?" It is amazing the difference how much more satisfying things are when I answer "yes" and more importantly, it is amazing the number of things that I put down after answering "no"
  • TheVevina
    TheVevina Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Stopped eating premade frozen and microwavable foods. I started making my own nutritious meals and it honestly makes me more happy even if more time consuming or less pretty than the packaging on that past stuff.
  • deannc1
    deannc1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Kenazwa, have you checked your blood sugar levels.....one of the symptoms of diabetes is excessive thirst.
  • skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    actually eating balanced and including carbs :)
  • nomad1966
    nomad1966 Posts: 74
    Options
    My eating habits had to change. I'm doing a ketogenic diet. Don't get this confused with ketoasidosis.
  • nomad1966
    nomad1966 Posts: 74
    Options
    ...and I do intake "some" carbs. It's just limited.
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Started drinking straight water instead of sweet tea and logging foods daily (good or bad).
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My attitude.
  • anniemeal
    anniemeal Posts: 11
    Options
    exercise definitely. Ive been working out since Oct. steadily going to the gym every MWF. I haven't lost any weight though my body has changed.

Now it's time to change something else... my calorie consumption. This is always a challenge b/c I'm so hungry. But I've done it in the past and can do it again!
  • dalejackson
    Options
    You can not out exercise a bad diet.

Word up.
  • Worthy2bFIT
    Worthy2bFIT Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    when i first started started i ate low calorie and i walked.
    now i eat clean, lift weights and run.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Cut portions in half when eating out.
  • babbsisthebest
    babbsisthebest Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Drinking water with meals and in between meals.
  • jan5500
    jan5500 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I broke up with carbs and said hello to water!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I switched to diet pop (soda)........then gradually made other changes, including exercises....
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Exercising and no more candy to snack on
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    stopped drinking sodas....I only drink water now
  • RunBakeLove
    RunBakeLove Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Stopped drinking so much alcohol (used to be a nightly thing!) and eat out at restaurants a lot less.