Replies

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Why can't you just not have sex?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    you can afford that many plan b but cant afford condoms? also i am sure planned parenthood or a similar organization would be more then happy to hand you free condoms

also condoms are a no go.

I'm sorry but this is the stupidest thing I've heard all day. My husband doesn't care for them but unless you're allergic to latex....tell him condoms or no sex. He'll wear it.

Preach! Condoms > pills (for many reasons)
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I seriously cant go to a doctor right now.

People clearly dont read. I'm uninsured, I'm unemployed. I don't pay for the plan b, he does.
    He's not my boyfriend so regular birth control is not his responsibility.
    His only concern is keeping himself from having a fourth kid.

He cant keep it up with condoms, We tried.

Since you guys seem so much more focused on what im doing in my bedroom which was not the question i asked.

IS WEIGHT GAIN A POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECT FROM THAT MANY HORMONES?!
    Or is it the training?

Thats all i asked, that's all you ****ers need to be focusing on.

Uh.....wow.

You have gotten your answer. Dramatic increase in gym time likely causing water retention.

As to the rest of it, yeah, gonna have to agree with skull above me. Good luck.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    regular birth control is not his responsibility.

Sooooooooo not true. Anyone being sexually active, whether in a committed relationship or not, has this responsibility. OMG, all you little girls that know nothing of being sexually responsible really piss me off.
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Tons of people have answered your question. Probably water retention from all the extra working out. You may be overtraining. You may not be. And yes, the hormone from Plan B could have whacked that out too and be contributing.

You are also getting a lot of really good advice on the birth control situation that you seem bound and determined not to pay attention to and be a complete defensive jerk about instead. Take a deep breath and just read them? There are options for you.

Planned Parenthood -- you can see a practitioner there for free or close to it - on an income-based sliding scale. They are experts on birth control and go over lots of different options for you, including a copper IUD or something that will work with whatever your alleged special needs are. If you don't have one near you, call one and see if they have recommendations for similar free clinics near you that you can get to.

Insurance -- why haven't you signed up for insurance yet? Use the healthcare exchange and get insurance. No excuse or reason not to.

Condoms -- Occam's Razor. Srsly. When you hear hoofbeats, expect horses, not zebras. I doubt your bf is some rare and exotic zebra with pink stripes. That means that yes, yes he can keep an erection with a condom on. He just isn't sufficiently motivated right now because he always gets his way without it. I'm not a fan of condoms either, sex just feels better without them, but at this point, when you can't afford and don't want a child and you are hellbent on finding excuses to not use other forms of birth control? Yeah, abstinence or the dude can go a few days without any so he wants it so badly the condom is not even noticed. Whatevs.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Most likely water retention (in your muscles, or caused by hormones) or you are eating more than you think.

Please do something to address why you have taken Plan B so much recently. I am actually surprised you were able to get it that often from a doctor. It wreaks havoc on your body doing that, and there are much better, safer, more reliable forms of birth control.

A world's worth of THIS.

Plan B is for the occasional slip up- NOT a contingency plan.

If you don't want to go on birth control (which I get- I don't take it because I've had some pretty adverse side effects), use a condom (they make both male and female varieties). Or check with your doctor about an IUD- they have programs that will subsidize the cost for certain individuals.

Be safe. Have fun, but be safe.

I WANT the IUD so bad!! but my doctor REFUSES to give me one because I havent had kids yet and it can rupture the uterus and render me infertile.

It's like either way I go I cant win.
    He cant use condoms, we tried. He literally cant keep it up. He cant feel anything through them and I even made sure they were the "barely there" thin condoms.
    I cant do birth control because of hormones
    and I cant get the IUD because I dont have kids.

im being screwed over everywhere and cant really get my body to ever do what I want.

I call BS.

Find a different doctor.

I was given birth control when I was 480lbs. $10 generic for 30-day supply. It's not nearly as expensive to get than multiple Plan Bs. If your doctor said you are too sensitive to hormones, why would you think hormonal emergency contraception without consistency was a better idea? No doctor I know of is going to say, instead of consistent and monitored health care, let's just rely on emergency contraception and hope that you take it in time to not get pregnant.

I also decided to move to an IUD. There is zero reason to not get one due to not having kids yet. I did not have children. The recommendation is because the cervix of non-mothers has not been stretched by childbirth, which can make insertion significantly more painful for some. My doctor gave me Rx for valium to take before I went in, and while it hurt, I had zero issues after the fact. The uncommon side effects are noteworthy, but less likely than complications from over-dosing your body with hormones.

There are also other options... like diaphragm, the implant, the patch, nuva ring, and more, all with low dose options and a lower rate of risk.

Ultimately though, if you're going to rely on the pull-out method, he needs better self control and to not be so casual about risking your body. If you're going to have sex, you have to accept the fact that it can make a baby.
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options

People clearly dont read. I'm uninsured, I'm unemployed. I don't pay for the plan b, he does.

Since you guys seem so much more focused on what im doing in my bedroom which was not the question i asked.

Or is it the training?

tumblr_mqdn4wNNq21sodxjco1_400.gif

responsible sex takes a level of maturity that i think you have yet to reach.

lol @ name calling. well done.

LOLOLOL
  • Tina_12thMan
    Options
    Agreed
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It sounds like if the topic of family planning is so controversial and you're opposed to pretty much ALL forms of birth control, you need to explore natural family planning. Take a class, actually follow it for reals, and go from there. I work for a Catholic company and many of my co-workers have been married for 2+ years without any pregnancies.
    ETA: If birth control is controversial...isn't having sex with someone who isn't your boyfriend just as taboo?

Also, two a days gym sessions would kill me.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Why can't you just not have sex?

iron+traitor+-+what+happens+next.gif
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Most likely water retention (in your muscles, or caused by hormones) or you are eating more than you think.

Please do something to address why you have taken Plan B so much recently. I am actually surprised you were able to get it that often from a doctor. It wreaks havoc on your body doing that, and there are much better, safer, more reliable forms of birth control.

A world's worth of THIS.

Plan B is for the occasional slip up- NOT a contingency plan.

If you don't want to go on birth control (which I get- I don't take it because I've had some pretty adverse side effects), use a condom (they make both male and female varieties). Or check with your doctor about an IUD- they have programs that will subsidize the cost for certain individuals.

Be safe. Have fun, but be safe.

I WANT the IUD so bad!! but my doctor REFUSES to give me one because I havent had kids yet and it can rupture the uterus and render me infertile.

It's like either way I go I cant win.
    He cant use condoms, we tried. He literally cant keep it up. He cant feel anything through them and I even made sure they were the "barely there" thin condoms.
    I cant do birth control because of hormones
    and I cant get the IUD because I dont have kids.

im being screwed over everywhere and cant really get my body to ever do what I want.

Wait, you can't do hormonal birth control, but you use plan b 5 times? Do you read what you write?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Or is it the training?

Hey! No judgments from me... but seriously... boyfriend or not... if he wants sex and NOT a fourth kid, then regular birth control is HIS responsibility.

I know this isn't the information you were wanting from this. I really do think your gain is from training.

But your **** buddy sounds like a douche! And since you aren't together, it shouldn't bother you much if I recommend finding a new one.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I second the condoms recommendation. And if money's an issue then raising a kid until they're financially independent costs much more money than a pack of condoms. In the UK condoms are free at birth control clinics... is that true about the USA as well?

I used to get them free, by the dozen, at Planned Parenthood.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I want kids, a lot of them.

.......Not sure thats a good idea for you. You cant even handle safe sex, let alone multipule children some day.

So you're over training, I would bet not drinking nearly enough water, so your body is retaining all of it rather than releasing it.
    Try only weighing yourself once a week rather then every day because body weight flucuates allll the time, and it looks like you're too easily freaked out by this.
    Also i suggest taking measurements, they are more accurate than the scale.
  • dragerk
    dragerk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Regardless of the weight loss/gain issue, I would be remiss not to suggest considering a Plan A... I don't think Plan B is meant to be taken so often but only as an emergency. Have you considered a more permanent method that is workable for you?
    at the moment, im uninsured and cant afford birth control and even before then, my doctors wouldnt put me on it because im so sensitive to hormones that everything would kill my libido or make me gain weight and my doctors didnt want me gaining weight when im already over weight.

Stoooooop taking the Plan B's. I'd bet that the hormonal craziness you have put your body through the last couple months is hugely impacting your weight and probably a bunch of other aspects working within you.

If there are Planned Parenthoods by you, start there for birth control. They can help find programs to get you the birth control that you need at reduced or no cost.

I would check out an iud. You can get the one that has NO hormones, OR you can get the one that does, but they are localized hormones, so you don't have the same effects as the pill or other hormonal birth control options.
  • Tina_12thMan
    Options
    High Five
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options

Or is it the training?

tumblr_mqdn4wNNq21sodxjco1_400.gif

responsible sex takes a level of maturity that i think you have yet to reach.

lol @ name calling. well done.
    responsible or irresponsible sex is not the question at hand.
    hence why im pissed.

if I had made a "how likely am I to get pregnant" or a "what kind of birth control should i use" thread, these responses would have been valid. however this thread was created for the only reason of addressing why im gaining weight instead of losing when ive practically doubled my routine.

FOCUS or GTFO

You brought up the subject. The responses are due to the fact that it could be every reason for your difficulties. It is irresponsible to use something meant for the aggressive resetting of your cycle more than once in a single cycle. You didn't have to lay it out as you did. You could have just said you have recently increased hormonal birth control exposure.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options

Or is it the training?

:noway:

(1) If you are from the US there is something called Obamacare and you don't need to be employed to get insurance and there are plenty of places around to get free or reduced care.
    (2) If he's not your boyfriend why are you having unprotected sex with him. You both should be responsible for birth control. And he has 3 kids already...I see where this is going.
    (4) Please use some form of birth control so we don't have to be responsible for paying for your kid.
    (3) Hey you put it out there about your sex life... but any way....Yes hormones can cause weight gain
  • melissat888250
    melissat888250 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Regardless of the weight loss/gain issue, I would be remiss not to suggest considering a Plan A... I don't think Plan B is meant to be taken so often but only as an emergency. Have you considered a more permanent method that is workable for you?
    at the moment, im uninsured and cant afford birth control and even before then, my doctors wouldnt put me on it because im so sensitive to hormones that everything would kill my libido or make me gain weight and my doctors didnt want me gaining weight when im already over weight.

And you seriously think the solution is to take an even higher concentration of hormones 5x in a month?! You don't need a script to get condoms. Honestly.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

** CENSORED ***

Sorry about your sex life, OP.
This discussion has been closed.