Options

Replies

• BabyRuthO
    Options
    Ready N Willing

59997866.png
  • taylorcomiskey5
    Options
    could really use some support/advice with my weight loss, anyone interested msg me
  • Nomes85
    Nomes85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I am Naomi and I would love to be a mentor.

I am 28, an anthropology student, yogi in training and nutrition enthusiast.

To date I have lost 50kg and have about 30kg of body fat left to loose.

I am a believer that a natural diet and healthy movement are the most important things we can do for our bodies and once we get that right the weightloss just happens.

I would love to help you define and set your goals as well as keep you stimulated along the way.

Naomi
  • ovi212
    ovi212 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'd love a mentor!
    I'm a 22 year old female (MSc student), looking to lose about 10 lbs.
    I have had issues with over restricting calories and over exercising in the past that I think has affected my ability to lose weight.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you want mentors, please look through the list of people that volunteered and PM one of your choice.
  • Hondo_Man
    Hondo_Man Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am also offering to mentor.

I'm 49 years old and I live in Bayern, Germany near the Austrian border. Nearly 30 years ago, I was quite over weight. I was about 120kgs. I then discovered weight lifting and haven't looked back since. Today, I am mostly at 90kgs and I maintain 10% body fat. Fluctuates between bulking and cutting, but only slightly. While I am new to MFP, I am not new to tracking nutrition. I used to keep binders of everything I ate. That got very tedious.

I understand the frustration of loosing weight very well. While my fat loss was many years ago, it is something I still know and study.

If a new person is looking for support, motivation, guide, etc., please feel free to contact me. I am having time for one or two people. I will answer all emails. I've seen a few posts where the new member sent an email that never was replied.

Please keep in mind the possible time differences when you write and I look very forward to hearing from someone.
  • mskatie83
    mskatie83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Katie, and although I joined My fitness pal awhile ago I have not really commited to the process of loosing the weight seriously until now.
    I have come to the realization that I need to take control over my life and that begins with the weight loss.
    I have roughly 70 pounds to loose and I enjoy running.
    If a mentor would adopted me that would be great.

Thanks Katie :)
  • ShardaeBrien25
    Options
    I love this!!!...This is the main reason I joined MFP,because it's great to see how far people have come along and how they also have had UPS and downs and managed to get back focused and take control of their lives!!!...I just signed up today and hope to learn alot more from you!!!
  • KayBallin
    KayBallin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'd love to have a mentor. I'll be 23 this year. Used to play basketball on a team .Got really out of shape in college and I want to lose about 25 lbs. I'm an athlete at heart so I'd love to get back on the basketball court without feeling winded. Long term, I want to run a 10K..
  • cls78628
    cls78628 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am interested in being a mentor to someone who needs and wants it.

Although I've been physically active my entire life, it has not been without struggles. At one point in my life, I very much surpassed being "morbidly obese" on the BMI charts. So, I've been there and cannot judge.

I have a wide range of knowledge and education regarding physical fitness. I am not a personal trainer and do not aim to be. Most of them suck, anyway, and are a huge waste of money. I'm just a guy who would love to share whatever I have to offer regarding fitness.
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    very happy to adopt anyone who needs a kick up the *kitten* occasionally - I'm a 42yr old brit, currently about 30lb overweight but have lost 20 since new year and am going downwards quite nicely.

I've got a background in many sports - rugby, swimming, triathlon, cycling and (most successfully) rowing. I love good food, drink too much beer & wine and adore being outside.

I can be quite blunt at times and tend to say what I think rather than sugar-coating anything - I'm not trying to put anyone off but just warning you... PM me if you want!
  • lozzatao
    lozzatao Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi .. maybe a stupid question .. what's a DERP ????
  • methodman78
    methodman78 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'd love to help anyone, i've received help and it's about passing that on,
    My photo will probably put people off but books and covers and all that,

I'm currently on an 8 week plan to increase strength and overall fitness, have a 10k charity run planned in July, recently stopped eating bread and have genuinely tried dozens of eating plans, cutting, gaining, body weight exercises, Yoga etc etc

To date i've lost about 30lbs and am at my target, however i'll continue to mix it up to see what happens, its a life long journey and if I put weight on so be it, I have the tools to lose it again, i'm also looking to become a personal trainer, but my current job pays well so not taking that risk yet

So if you are happy having someone who doesn't mince their words (you eat a lot of cakes, i'll be having a word) then please add me, tough love is what i'm about but with a side of advice :)

good luck on your journey
  • LainieMagoo
    LainieMagoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 22 year old university student that has recently quit smoking which didn't help my already overweight frame. I'd love some support and motivation from anyone willing to give it :) I've been using my fitness pal for 15 days and have already lost 10lbs which means I have 60lbs to get to my goal weight! If your interested in helping me start and finish my fitness journey please add me as a friend :) my goal is to one day run a 1/2 a marathon!

Thanks for reading my story :)

-Lainie
  • SGibz
    SGibz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would like to volunteer as a mentor.

My name is Sean...have been actively involved in fitness for about 3 years now. Studying for the NASA to get my personal training certification. Bring on the questions!
  • psuLemon
    Options
    List has been updated. For those looking for a mentor, please look at the profiles and send some PM's
  • CINXIAH
    CINXIAH Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I read your story and admired what you've done. I'm new to this site and adopt a noob mentors seems something I;m going to need in this quest. This is my 5th day and I already feel quite lonely in the this journey for better health. I would love to have your support and advice.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Hi, I read your story and admired what you've done. I'm new to this site and adopt a noob mentors seems something I;m going to need in this quest. This is my 5th day and I already feel quite lonely in the this journey for better health. I would love to have your support and advice.

start adding friends.

go to the "Introduce Yourself" forum and create a thread to introduce yourself. let people know you're looking for friends.

spend time in the forums. find people who seem knowledgeable and add them (hint: look for people with tickers showing 100lbs or more lost).

go to the Chit Chat forum. find people with a similar sense of humor. send them friend requests.

you'll quickly discover that adding friends and using the social aspect of the site makes this all much easier and more fun.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Does anyone still have their noobs? I adopted 3 and they never came back online. Oh well.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Does anyone still have their noobs? I adopted 3 and they never came back online. Oh well.

I have a few that still check in... in fact, one is down 10 lbs already.