How to calculate calorie goals according to NROLFW

Options
1141516171820»

Replies

• fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I bought the book last year and barely got started before I got sick with the bad flu and then never got restarted. I think now is a good time to do this. Going to go in and figure out my calorie range. Anyone wanting friends to support - feel free to friend request me! I have about 25 - maybe 30 lbs to lose. But am more interested in toning up and just looking nice and fit.

Toning isn't real, it's just having muscle with a lower level of body fat. But lifting consistently will get you there!
  • lf4179
    lf4179 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post! I really need to get that book. I am a little over 5'7", been fluctuating between 131-133 so I appreciated you doing the math for me. ;) I recently started lifting and have been debating whether to keep trying to lose or to do a recomp; I would love to get stronger and decrease body fat a little bit but without getting overly skinny in the parts where I don't carry weight. I like the sound of these calorie goals better than the 1340/day I've been doing :) (Or the 1200 MFP suggested initially ...).

Lol! Yeah we're pretty similar! And eek 1340?!?! that's so little!! Thank goodness you're eating more now!
  • time4kim2014
    time4kim2014 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hswaner
    hswaner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump...thanks for the info