What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I feel like I should add that I am a JUVENILE probation officer. I specialize in juveniles with drug abuse issues. Imagine having 20 teenagers. Mother of God.

If you've done it longer than a year, it must be a calling for you! God bless! :flowerforyou:

Not quite a year. I just graduated college in July. It can be terribly frustrating.

I can imagine. I have dealt with adults with drug abuse issues. Teenagers though...ugh!

I have a separate planner just to write their appointments with their counselors and other stuff because God forbid a teen be even slightly self-sufficient.
  • laurabeth326
    laurabeth326 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm general manager at a busy brewpub and a mom. Keeps me busy and on my feet a good deal. Plus, the beer is really good...like really good.
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Mom and full-time jewelry designer....my studio is at home though so it allows me to go to the gym/walk the dog when I want, and also make healthy lunches/snacks. However....I also gained the majority of my weight while doing this (sitting for 10+ hours and eating crap because I was busy building a business!) - just realizing now it is all about making myself a priority and not making excuses! :ohwell:
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Database engineering and development for a large hospital network. I get to yell at insurance companies all day long.
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Administrative assistant for a manufacturing company. If my schedule allows for it i do enjoy a 5am workout a few times a week to get me going in the mornings! Also enjoy Training on Tues & Thursday, gets me moving and i don't feel so guilty for sitting for 40+ hours a week.
  • ngood10720
    ngood10720 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    employee wellness
  • Danette73
    Danette73 Posts: 76
    Options
    I'm an architect and mom. The mom part keeps me pretty active, but architects are notorious for sitting hours reviewing and refining construction drawings, lol!

I work for an Architect. I do the accounting and we have a female Architect in our office who does just that: mom, review and refine. :)
  • LizaGetz
    LizaGetz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I test slot machines for a living!
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Network Systems Administrator. At my desk most of the day. But, before I come to work. I'm in the gym.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom and a wife......and I also work a full time job :-P
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Secretary at a psychotherapy service and law student. I spend a considerable amount of time on my splendid backside.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Service swimming pools, yes I am a pool boy lol

Any great stories.
  • PinUp2014
    PinUp2014 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I work in the office of a manufacturing plant, mostly accounts payable & receivable stuff.

It is a sedentary job, but I feel it does contribute to my goals because it involves about 10% of the stress of my previous career as a quality assurance officer for a large non-profit. I make less money too...but it's totally worth it, and still a pretty decent job with appropriate compensation & benefits :-)

One of my favorite things about my current job is that it's a very small office, and there aren't a bunch of catty women obsessing over fad diets and sabotaging one another with treats daily. That seems to be the norm in most office settings these days, YUCK...the guys (and one woman) in my office could not care less if I'm having a Cadbury egg or a big kale salad and bowl of lentils, and they never bring in food. It really helps!!

Sounds like we both found blessings!

I moved away from a very toxic and catty position in another city to my new utopia. I no longer work directly across from the gas station so I'm stuck with what snacks and lunch I bring; I sit almost all day doing AP/AR for a school but the women in the office are all so positive and focused on being healthy that it makes it easy to make good choices. I also live in a more active city, now. It's rare that I sit for hours when I get home from sitting for hours. There is no zoning out to NetFlix and stuffing myself with food and wine.

OP: Every day, and any moment that things seem to be too hard in the health department, take a deep breath and remind yourself why you're doing this. (annnnd I'm making myself a Post-It to remember to do the same!!)
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I'm a legal assistant. It's not particularly conducive to a healthy lifestyle. Lots of sitting behind a desk and free treats brought in for the office on a regular basis. I still manage. :)
  • I_love_to_ride
    Options
    Civil Engineering Technician
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Financial Planner. But I don't work on commission like 90% of other planners. I work internally at a large mutual fund company. We provide advice to existing clients.
  • DJMIKEY1
    DJMIKEY1 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Service swimming pools, yes I am a pool boy lol

Any great stories.

Sadly no, it is nothing like the movies, at least not where I live.:mad:
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Internal auditing and testing (aka telling people what they do wrong).
    Desk job - all day, every day.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I feel like I should add that I am a JUVENILE probation officer. I specialize in juveniles with drug abuse issues. Imagine having 20 teenagers. Mother of God.

If you've done it longer than a year, it must be a calling for you! God bless! :flowerforyou:

Not quite a year. I just graduated college in July. It can be terribly frustrating.

I can imagine. I have dealt with adults with drug abuse issues. Teenagers though...ugh!

I have a separate planner just to write their appointments with their counselors and other stuff because God forbid a teen be even slightly self-sufficient.

I've got two of them at home....yeah...:laugh: