This is good to know! Thanks :)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    51AEcxrXJLL.jpg
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    http://www.stretchingabuckblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/lean-cuisine-lunch-bag-free-with-purchase.png

I have the orange and white one. It doesn't fit large containers unless they're on their side but I am normally able to get my breakfast and lunch into it. And it's easy to clean.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm easy. I just reuse plastic grocery bags.

Fortunately, unfortunately, my city no longer offers plastic bags as an option for carrying groceries. So no reusing in my area ;) But I wouldn't want to risk having my belongings tear through under pressure.

They make you carry your groceries to your car one at a time or what?

ETA: Paper bags? Cardboard boxes?

In my area its either paper bags (select few groceries) or your own reusable grocery bags or bins. In the city there are a few that will still supply plastic bags but they charge 5-10 cents per bag.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    51AEcxrXJLL.jpg
    What is that a backpack?:wink:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    51AEcxrXJLL.jpg
    What is that a backpack?:wink:
    It's a lunch bag from igloo.
    http://www.amazon.com/Igloo-Maxcold-Vertical-Orientation-Cooler/dp/B00892W536

ETA: And sometimes it's too damn small, so I wish it were a backpack. On nights I head straight to the bar, I pack lunch and dinner; dinner goes into a grocery bag. :sad:
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I pack a bento box.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I have an Embark lunch bag... holds A LOT of food.... :wink:
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I can't find a picture, but I have three, depending on how much fresh fruit and veggies I'm bringing with me. On "salad" days, I need the extra containers so that the ingredients don't co-mingle and get gross.

I have:

- A yellow backpack that can hold up to three 6-packs of seltzer (for the sake of comparison) and whatever I can fit around them

- A large purple one that can hold four 6-packs of seltzer (for the sake of comparison) and whatever I can fit around them.

- A "normal people" sized bag that can fit two rectangular Pyrex containers and however many apples I can jam in on top
  • rak173
    rak173 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I commute to work on a train and then walk a couple miles each day, so the less I can carry the better. I can typically fit my lunch in my purse.

When I can't, I use one of these bags: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FSBE2PK/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 AWESOME market tote bags, also great when buying cold things at the store. When I use this bag for lunch I'll carry a smaller purse and put my lunch and any cosmetic bags, etc. in the market bag.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    It's a lunch bag from igloo.
    http://www.amazon.com/Igloo-Maxcold-Vertical-Orientation-Cooler/dp/B00892W536

ETA: And sometimes it's too damn small, so I wish it were a backpack. On nights I head straight to the bar, I pack lunch and dinner; dinner goes into a grocery bag. :sad:
    Just kiddin'. I like it. I see it's really only 10 x 5 x 8.5 inches ; 9.9 ounces.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I use those small reusable bags you get from stores, like Smart Set
  • asianrunner
    asianrunner Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I use a Built neoprene lunch bag. I love it because it can fit quite a bit and can also be thrown in the washer when it gets dirty!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I do have several of the hot and cold bags, but rarely use them. I work nights and weekends, so my bags can't really be called lunch bags. Since I cook my supper at work most nights, I usually go to the grocery store everyday. More often than not, my bag is a grocery bag.
  • beleeLafter
    Options
    Everyone is so fancy! I throw my crap in a plastic grocery bag and call it good. Now I'm jealous:P
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I use a Built neoprene lunch bag. I love it because it can fit quite a bit and can also be thrown in the washer when it gets dirty!

Love that about my BYO too, I think maybe it's the cheapo line from Built? Dunno.

Jealous of the bento box user(s)...I have wanted to get into making the cute bento stuff every day.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I use a basic rectangular lunch bag/box given to me free by me company years ago and ignored till just a couple months back. It does exactly what I need because I can pack lunch in a 16oz ziplock twist and lock container, sling the whole thing over my shoulder with my purse on my way in to work and everything stays put till it's time for yumness!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm easy. I just reuse plastic grocery bags.

Fortunately, unfortunately, my city no longer offers plastic bags as an option for carrying groceries. So no reusing in my area ;) But I wouldn't want to risk having my belongings tear through under pressure.

They make you carry your groceries to your car one at a time or what?

ETA: Paper bags? Cardboard boxes?

In my area its either paper bags (select few groceries) or your own reusable grocery bags or bins. In the city there are a few that will still supply plastic bags but they charge 5-10 cents per bag.

The Sav-A-Lot store that I go to charges for plastic bags, but I always bring my own. I have a "bag closet" lol. I actually like paper bags better because they are easier, but I typically pick plastic ones because I try to be environmentally friendly. (Paper bags cause more pollution and all that). Also, Kmart and Dollar General only have plastic ones, so I reuse those.

I also long for the day when hemp oil is used instead of petroleum. When that day comes, all plastic will be environmentally friendly. It will quickly decompose and be recyclable as well. :bigsmile:
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I also commute 50+ miles each way to work and walk a mile or two, so I just throw everything (lunch, breakfast, gym clothes, grad school books, etc.) into my backpack. Makes it much easier.