I don't see the point to this lift! What say you? : )

Options

Replies

• skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    To see this executed well; sure, I would be impressed that they didn't fall or hurt themselves. But as stated, this is just dumb.
  • Ihatecoldsoup
    Options
    I don't see a problem with doing a pistol squat with an OHS. Now, doing it on a kettlebell is dangerous, but I am almost positive they are just showing off and it isn't apart of their regular routine.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Exhibit A of "Why Crossfit has a bad reputation".

IMO if you want to load weight for a pistol squat, use a kettlebell (in your hands).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    It's a combination pistol/overhead barbell squat. Looks really hard and one has to engage a lot of core muscle strength to perform it.
    The one's on the kettlebell are stupid as **** though. If they don't have the flexibility to do it from the floor, why not just do it from a box or step?
    It's impressive, but unless someone is trying to impress, regular pistol squats with a kettlebell or dumbell in front are fine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Crossfit?

Surely not? :noway:

:laugh:
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    *kitten*
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    bsi.gif
  • honsi
    honsi Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Crossfit?

was there ever any doubt?

1b2157e533492e78297c16e6cbe1dfceb91d191.gif
    LMAO!
  • fitfan11
    fitfan11 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Just because you CAN do it, doesn't mean that you SHOULD do it.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    I do those as part of my warm-ups... but I put both my legs out in front of me.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I do those as part of my warm-ups... but I put both my legs out in front of me.

This made me :laugh: out loud
  • Bun_Ya
    Bun_Ya Posts: 174
    Options
    "Yo dawg, we heard you like compound lifts so we compounded your compound lifts"
    I lol'd!
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I see so many people at one of my gyms who think they have invented something new OR just haven't a clue as to the proper form. The other gym has better-informed people in it, although some of the things recommended by the trainers don't seem all that effective. As to this photo - where did you find it? It is cringe-worthy.
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    1331660438_bike_wheelie_bench_pressing.gif

ETA : To be entirely honest, mirin'

LOL!
    I see so many people at one of my gyms who think they have invented something new OR just haven't a clue as to the proper form. The other gym has better-informed people in it, although some of the things recommended by the trainers don't seem all that effective. As to this photo - where did you find it? It is cringe-worthy.

Google Overhead Pistol Squats. I came across it while searching for some info on something else
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    These guys obviously don't want their knees when they are older.
  • smooothieluver
    Options
    Smf, show offs!!
  • ElectroJay
    ElectroJay Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    "i can do that, i just don't wanna"
  • Predat0r1502
    Predat0r1502 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Given the amount of times a day I find myself lifting things over my head while squatting on one leg I can totally see the practicality of this exercise.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I think of Kevin Ogar who was paralyzed this year after a regular lift he was attempting went wrong, to see this makes me cringe!

badass.jpg
    I don't know about the others but this pic is a couple of years old. We can only hope that Ogar's horrible experience made her rethink her routine.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Given the amount of times a day I find myself lifting things over my head while squatting on one leg I can totally see the practicality of this exercise.

This. Every d**n day.