What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• mpjmmp
    mpjmmp Posts: 12
    Options
    Retired Marine
    Director of the Safety Department @ a local airport (Current)
    Sr Pastor of local church (Current)
    Executive Director of a local non-profit food and clothing outreach. (Current)
    Husband (Current)
    Father (Current)

Yup - I stay busy. Sleep is way over rated.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Registered nursing working with adults with developmental disabilities. :)
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    CPA in Financial Reporting for a well known women's clothing retailer. It's a fun business to be in and I don't sit nearly as much as you'd think for being a CPA.

The hours are pretty good and getting a work out in after work is pretty easy.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Retired Marine
    Director of the Safety Department @ a local airport (Current)
    Sr Pastor of local church (Current)
    Executive Director of a local non-profit food and clothing outreach. (Current)
    Husband (Current)
    Father (Current)

Yup - I stay busy. Sleep is way over rated.

OSHA Safety Compliance officer for a Contract Logistics Company
    Wife
    Mother
    Volunteer
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I sell stuff
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm an software enginner in a more R&D area. I tend to sit a lot at my computer most times at work, but I also go and talk with my colleagues, to the lab and so on. We are encouraged to get up at least once an hour for a good stretch so it's not a totally sedentary work place.

The job itself isn't getting me a healthy lifestyle. But it pays very good so I can get with the costly part of health (especially the part that involves doctors). We have 50% discount at a local gym, but I work at home. The kitchen is very nice so I could bring my own food with no problem; but sometimes I buy food from nearby caffeterias (I can find anytime some rice, a salad, grilled chicken and other nice foods).

As long as you have everything organized, you can follow your goals.
    In my first year on MFP I was working full time + college student. I literally didn't had when to eat most times. And I still lost weight because I always packed food good on the go (my lunches were 90% sandwiches) and I pre-logged most times.
    I never left the house in the morning without a banana, a granola bar, 25 g of almonds and 2 sandwiches. :laugh:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    University professor and small business owner. The university offers a lot in terms of health incentives, including free fitness classes for faculty and staff, and free gym access.
    And a wife to a great man who encourages my healthy habits and has his own.
  • hunnyhun921
    hunnyhun921 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a dispatcher. On my butt for 12 hours each work day. Doesnt help at all. SMH.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm a doula :)
  • MSouthernbelle87
    MSouthernbelle87 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Software Engineer..... Or should I say I sit in a chair programming all day lol. I workout in the evenings and sometimes do morning workouts.
  • jeepfit21
    jeepfit21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    College prof....
  • pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm a CNA and I work in home health care. I try to keep active and clean/move around as much as I can. With the clients I have right now, they don't need a whole lot of help so there is a whole lot of sitting on my butt! I've been finding things to do just to get up and keep moving. :)
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Momma, wife, daughter, sister, friend and last but not least a school nurse.
  • PrincessWarior
    PrincessWarior Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Telecommunication analyst......
    For the government of Canada....
  • howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm an architect and mom. The mom part keeps me pretty active, but architects are notorious for sitting hours reviewing and refining construction drawings, lol!

I can attest to that. I'm a technologist for an Architect. Meaning I sit for many hours drafting the aforementioned construction drawings.

When the weather is conducive, I try to get out on my lunch hour to get in some extra exercise, but mainly it's an after work thing for me. I will say, however, that having a daily desk job means that I can take advantage of routine to plan my meals. I find it harder on the weekend to keep to my caloric goals since I'm usually running errands and doing housework and trying to squeeze everything in.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    IT stuff. Programming. Goofing off yapping in forums pretending to work.

I could probably get up and take a walk or what not but I usually just sit in the chair all day and then workout when I get home.
  • Tigermum9
    Tigermum9 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Student nurse and single mum
  • perkins_jerryw
    perkins_jerryw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Health Physics for a Governmental Regulatory Agency (Radiation, Radioactive, X-ray, Laser, RF, Mammography, etc.).
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist.
  • Rochester_mom
    Rochester_mom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm an Assistant District Attorney prosecuting mostly felony level drug and gun arrests. I will be trying my first homicide in a few weeks so that's pretty exciting. I am constantly running back and forth from court all day, so I am rarely sitting for long periods of time, but my schedule is so crazy that I often don't have time during the day to sneak in a workout or to eat a decent lunch.