So you're new here...

Options

Replies

• RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Thanks I just found that posts are marked.
  • vfbott
    vfbott Posts: 2
    Options
    I am new to this and I loved your post! Thanks for taking the time to inform everyone of what you have learned!:smile:
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Great post, thanks for sharing. :)
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    This is great.

and HAHAHAHA point 15) 1200 calories butthurt!
    YES YES YES! lol
  • gizzymoto333
    gizzymoto333 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I cannot tell you how much this helped me yesterday. I am new, and I was starving at 1200/day.

I upped my caloric intake from 1200 to 1420 (after I found out my TDEE and subtracted 15%, this was the number I got). I changed my goals in MFP to reflect my new number, and at the end of the day when I clicked that I was all done I got a message saying "at this rate, you will be 127lbs in 5 weeks!" which is exactly what I weighed when I started 2 weeks ago.

Should I just ignore that little message? It is very disheartening!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Should I just ignore that little message? It is very disheartening!
    yes.
    it's just an estimate. if your weight hasn't changed after 6 weeks, then adjust.
  • gizzymoto333
    gizzymoto333 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome- thank you so much again!!! :):):)
  • IsabellaGiano
    IsabellaGiano Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your beautiful post!

Anyway, I cheked both with MFP and the link you gave, and, sadly, they both suggested me about 1200 cals :)
    Sometimes, if you are small, sedentary, just a bit more 1300 IS the BMR, and TDEE-20% give exactly (give or take) between 1200 and your BMR.

Anyway, 1200 IS too little for me, I will shortly increase at 1300. And if I loose slowly, well, I don't care so long as I loose :)
  • DesdemonaRose
    Options
    10 is great, the forums are more for entertainment it seems than real knowledge. Everything thinks they know the best and no one wants a real discussion.

You should add something about, "ignore the stupid estimate."

I like that I ate 1200 though, it let me see how many calories I was eating and what I didnt' need. I didn't starve from it, I just changed how I eat and it was easy enough. I added back in my workout calories though, if I ate only 1200 and worked out I would have been starving. My hunger needs have changed so now I feel like I am hungry for what I really need to eat, I grew up with the 'eat it all!" generation so my hunger and what I REALLY needed were not in line. I have not gained back a lot of weight when I went up because I didn't start eating the overbloated calories I use too. I learned better and trained my body.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Nominated for "sticky" status, this post is awesome, OP! :love:
  • druburt
    druburt Posts: 9
    Options
    Saved!
  • andreaurrutialol
    Options
    Waittttttttt a minute!! lol, so this is basically saying that those 1200 calories i "should" be eating I really shouldn't be eating??? How do we find the accurate calories then??
  • amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    What is TDEE?
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Waittttttttt a minute!! lol, so this is basically saying that those 1200 calories i "should" be eating I really shouldn't be eating??? How do we find the accurate calories then??
    did you read the rest of the post or check the links?
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
  • trogalicious
    Options
    What is TDEE?
    how many calories your body burns through the course of the day.
    effecrtively, basal metabolic rate (how much your body consumes to make magic things like organ function happen) + calories burned by your day to day stuff.. moving around, walking, working out, posting on forums.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Where's the sticky for this?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Where's the sticky for this?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    eh, the mods are busy with "I ATE 1500 CALORIES UNDER MY 1200 AND DIDN'T LOSE!" style threads. As long as the info is out there, I'm okay with it.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Thank you, wise bearded one!
This discussion has been closed.