30lbs by St Patricks Day! NEW Motivation Group 12/2010

Options

Replies

• supernonna
    Options
    I had a lean pocket pepperoni and sausage yesterday for breakfast (and no internet :() and also for this morning... I like having lunch type stuff for breakfast!!
  • velvetechos
    Options
    mbodine - good job on the posting :) I have a tendency to not want to post when I'm naughty, but, I try to coach myself into it. I've found that I'm obsessive about not wanting to see the red numbers when I'm off, so it encourages me to sneak in a bit more workout to make up for it, or it strengthens my resolve for the next day. Oh, and velvet cheetos probably wouldn't taste too good ;-)

ymamyma - now that looks yummy! How is the reduced sodium deli meat? I've found one that I like so far, but need to find some more since deli sandwiches used to be a big draw for me until I started tracking sodium!

lilysmommy1120 - now, now. Nothing naughty about a little Starbucks ;-) I treat myself to coffee daily (Starbucks or a local place here in Idaho called Flying M, depending on my mood), but keep it to an iced Americano or pike place roast at Starbucks except for once a week or so. When I do splurge there, at the moment, I get a short soy caramel brulee latte - no whip. The soy keeps the calories in check while making it creamy enough to where the lack of whipped cream doesn't matter! Also, a short is half the cals of a grande, but enough beverage to still kill the craving.

brenott - Sodium is a killer isn't it? I was shocked, when I first started tracking it - I used to think there was no way I was going over in sodium because I never added salt to anything! I never even checked sodium on the things I ate - but then when I was pregnant I found out my blood pressure was borderline high, and they advised I lose some weight post-pregnancy....well when I found this site and began tracking sodium my blood pressure actually went into the normal range before I'd even lost ten pounds! So yes, keep an eye on that :) Water definitely will help!

supernonna - oh my goodness I'd forgotten those exist :P I think the pepperoni croissant pocket is what killed my thighs in high school, because I'd sit there and eat like 2 of them in a day. The lean pockets are yummy though! Kick some fruit or veg in there and you'll have a balanced breakfast made of lunch goodies :D
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    ymamyma - now that looks yummy! How is the reduced sodium deli meat? I've found one that I like so far, but need to find some more since deli sandwiches used to be a big draw for me until I started tracking sodium!

I have found I'm kind of a deli meat snob. I've been trying to be more careful with the sodium myself, and now only eat Boar's Head. They have several low sodium options, and all of them are delicious!
  • ymamyma
    Options
    I know it's not quite Wednesday yet, but sometimes my days get so crazy, I spaz and forget to post or log in. (Which is why I changed my time zone setting to Hawaii!! :laugh: It gives me some extra time to log into the website in case work gets manic!)

Anyway, here's my plan for dinner tomorrow. I think I'll chop the potatoes and cook all this together in a skillet.

Peppers - Sweet, green, raw, 0.25 medium
    Potatoes - Russet, flesh and skin, baked, 1 potato medium
    Brummel & Brown - Spread (Made With Yogurt), 1 T
    Mccormick - Minced Garlic, 1/4 tsp = 1 clove fresh garlic
    Laura's Lean Beef - Ground Beef 4% Fat, 4 oz
    Kroger - Chopped Broccoli, 3/4 cup
    the Laughing Cow - Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle Spreadable Cheese Wedge, 1 wedge

Oh, yeah and:
    Kroger - Carbmaster Strawberry Colada Yogurt, 6 oz
    But not mixed in with the other stuff. :wink:
  • husstler
    husstler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Count me in for the group please! I've been doing 1200 kcal a day for the past couple of weeks and I've lost 6 lbs so far. Only 116 to go!
  • ymamyma
    Options
    Count me in for the group please! I've been doing 1200 kcal a day for the past couple of weeks and I've lost 6 lbs so far. Only 116 to go!

Congratulations on the loss, and great to meet you! We're weighing in on Friday, and have weekly challenges starting on Mondays! Welcome to the group!
  • husstler
    Options
    My name is Jen. I'm 43 and single. I have been overweight most of my life. At my highest, I weighed in at 280 lbs. I'm 5'0". In fall of 2005, I joined Weight Watchers At Work in Michigan where I was living. Utilizing the Points plan, I lost 100 lbs over a one-year period. I ran a couple of 5Ks and a 10K - the first athletic accomplishments of my life. I felt amazing and was sure that I would never allow myself to gain the weight back. However, several factors - a broken heart, a job I loathed (that I've since been laid-off from), depression, and a battle with endometrial cancer and the ensuing plunge into immediate menopause - all joined forces to help me justify making poor eating decisions and stop working out altogether. I still had at least 30lbs to lose when I stopped living the new lifestyle I had adopted and now, I've gained 70 lbs of the 100 lbs I'd lost back. I need to lose another 122 lbs to get to my goal weight of 128 and I want to do it by nourishing my body with clean, healthy foods as opposed to using lots of processed foods; I'm now cancer free and intend to stay that way.
    I got serious on MFP right around 12/9/10 when this challenge started and my weight at that point was just over 250 lbs. My obstacle is getting my big butt to the gym. Once I'm there, I'm fine I just struggle to actually go.

SW (12/7/10): 250
    Ultimate GW: 128
    Challenge GW: 220
  • husstler
    Options
    Thank you for accepting my late entry! : )
  • poeticpurl
    poeticpurl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This was my Breakfast. I am another person who does lunch for breakfast some times. After the egg talk yesterday I really wanted a hard boiled egg this am.

Pork thin cut 111
    1 Large Hard Boiled Egg, 1 egg 100
    Light Mayo, 1 tea spoon 35
    12 Grain Bread 100
  • ln0761
    Options
    Sounds like an amazing idea - I would love to be a part of this group!!
  • velvetechos
    Options
    I know it's not quite Wednesday yet, but sometimes my days get so crazy, I spaz and forget to post or log in. (Which is why I changed my time zone setting to Hawaii!! :laugh: It gives me some extra time to log into the website in case work gets manic!)

Anyway, here's my plan for dinner tomorrow. I think I'll chop the potatoes and cook all this together in a skillet.

Peppers - Sweet, green, raw, 0.25 medium
    Potatoes - Russet, flesh and skin, baked, 1 potato medium
    Brummel & Brown - Spread (Made With Yogurt), 1 T
    Mccormick - Minced Garlic, 1/4 tsp = 1 clove fresh garlic
    Laura's Lean Beef - Ground Beef 4% Fat, 4 oz
    Kroger - Chopped Broccoli, 3/4 cup
    the Laughing Cow - Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle Spreadable Cheese Wedge, 1 wedge

Oh, yeah and:
    Kroger - Carbmaster Strawberry Colada Yogurt, 6 oz
    But not mixed in with the other stuff. :wink:

That meal looks excellent!!!
  • velvetechos
    Options

Hi Jen! Welcome to the group - I'm sure you'll be flying right through that 116 :)
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Dinner last night

Pasta Prima - Spinach & Mozzarella Ravioli W/Italian Herb Cheese, 1 cup - 200cal
    Classico (Canada) - Sweet Basil Marinara, 125 mL (1/2 cup) - 70cal
    Cauliflower - Cooked, boiled, drained, without salt, 0.5 cup (1" pieces) - 14cal
    Tillamook - Finely Shredded Sharp Cheddar, 0.0625 cup - 28cal

I can spot the problem, no complex carbs, no protein :P
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    So my breakfast started out ok - banana before the gym and Myoplex lite protein drink after workout. Then, because I ran out the door so quickly without my purse or my "good" food, I ended up snacking on a piece of pound cake at work. Not a great ending to the meal, but fortunately, not the worst. Lunch will be better.

I think I need to plan the night before, because I really am not a moring person, especially on gym mornings. 6 am is much too early to be leaving the house...
  • velvetechos
    Options
    brenott - 6am - wow that is early!!! Kudos to you for the dedication though, to get up and exercise that early :)

For lunch today I hodge podged together a soup made of roasted turkey breast, great northern beans, carrots, garlic, onion, mini pasta, and herbs de provence. My husband is home with a cold so I thought soup would be good :) Had a slice of toast with that....but then slipped up a bit when my daughter didn't finish her lunch (leftover ravioli from last night) and I snacked on it. Oops! I've got it logged though and have my cals for dinner worked out, so it'll be fine!
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    im sick. took a day off yesterday. i wanted sodas and comfort food plus dinner at my sisters. i just logged it to see how bad it really was. clicked to "5 weeks" button and it still says a lil less. im so happy it didnt set me back more than i can handle. managed to stay under 2500 cal with fast food soda and family dinner with dessert. i am counting it as a win. lol
    today i really havent eaten just a Fit & Active® Southwest Veggie Stuffed Sandwich and toast, so the 2 days should be a wash.
  • MarilynMarie
    Options
    Im so in.
    Add me if you need help
  • benct6008
    benct6008 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I came across this challenge this evening and read all the posts. I defintely need to join this group. I work full time and am a mother to a 3 yr and a 4yr old girl. I am starting at 255 lbs for this challenge and would love to see 225 as a result!! I have struggled with my weight for a long time and want to lose it once and for all. I want to be a healthy role model for my daughters!

I have a personal goal of being in Onderland for my 35th birthday which is in July. I haven't seen under 200 since I was a teenager.
  • supernonna
    Options
    Scrambled eggs for breakfast for me this morning. First breakfast food I ate at breakfast for a long time!
  • Jmt327
    Jmt327 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join!
    I'm a 26 year old who has struggled with weight and weight loss for as long as I can remember. I am in a few weddings coming up next fall and would love to be able to look my best :) I am currently 209 lbs and my ultimate goal would be 150. 30 lbs by St pattys day would be great! Carbs are definitely my downfall...and I work long 12 hours days as a nurse so maintaining a healthy routine becomes difficult. Here's to 2011 being my best year yet!