What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Kibbeh made with lamb and quinoa

Ohhhhh yummmmyyyy ... how did you use the quinoa in this. Was it directly instead of burghal?

Yes, instead of bulgar. You don't want to overcook the quinoa. You can either soak it in hot water, or cook it, but use less water than you would if you were preparing the quinoa to eat on its own.
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    2014-04-07%2018.54.56.jpg

#%I4(8)(@& photo posting!!!!!!!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Salmon with spinach, strawberries, blueberries, avocado and asparagus, 540 calories

x56GFws.jpg
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    13706901875_59ee44697d.jpg

Last night's dinner: chicken slow-cooked in garlic-mustard aioli and cardamom, steamed broccoli.

13718886684_0bf819a27e.jpg

Breakfast: over-easy eggs (with Trader Joe's 21-Seasoning Salute), English muffin with absolutely delicious fig jam.

13721070673_010d5d9c32.jpg

Lunch: leftover garlic-mustard aioli chicken, leftover lemon-steamed asparagus, pickled beets... all with a hefty sprinkling of dill.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Bleu cheese, cabernet poached pears

IMG_20140408_181538.jpg
  • amhafford
    amhafford Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    acg - you make food that i would enjoy photographing

this was my first time eating these today. they'd been on my list for a while but they are seasonable and mostly found up north. when i saw them at the grocery store i had to snatch them up and try them. sauteed fiddlehead ferns with chopped pecans and fresh thyme. i love how weird they look. they taste sort of like asparagus.

fiddleheads1_sm.jpg

Those look amazing! I had never heard of them before your post.

I'm from the very top of Maine- we pick these by the buckets full here during the spring and summer.. Fiddleheads are delicious! Definitely do NOT eat them raw though, they'll make you pretty sick! All they are, are ferns. When they first grow in the spring, the ferns come up in little spirals. They eventually unwind and open up into normal ferns...if we don't pick them all first! :)
  • nolabone
    nolabone Posts: 117 Member
    Options

this was my first time eating these today. they'd been on my list for a while but they are seasonable and mostly found up north. when i saw them at the grocery store i had to snatch them up and try them. sauteed fiddlehead ferns with chopped pecans and fresh thyme. i love how weird they look. they taste sort of like asparagus.

I'm from the very top of Maine- we pick these by the buckets full here during the spring and summer.. Fiddleheads are delicious! Definitely do NOT eat them raw though, they'll make you pretty sick! All they are, are ferns. When they first grow in the spring, the ferns come up in little spirals. They eventually unwind and open up into normal ferns...if we don't pick them all first! :)

I'm in CNY, going to look for these babies this spring. Can't wait to try!
  • nolabone
    nolabone Posts: 117 Member
    Options

I'm in CNY, going to look for these babies this spring. Can't wait to try!

Also, just showed my boyfriend. He said we should deep fry them. :laugh:
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Bleu cheese, cabernet poached pears

IMG_20140408_181538.jpg

Your pictures always look amazing. Are you a chef??? Very professional..
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I am from Maine as well. i have never seen them anywhere else. they are tasty!

• ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Are you a chef? Or did you take culinary classes? Your meals always look so amazing!

Nope and nope. Just kinda like to cook and eat

will you come to my house and cook for me ??
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    10155844_10201884234963982_8573334895382673228_n.jpg

Baked salmon w/lemon-caper sauce and quinoa cooked with fresh herbs and mushrooms

10257894_10201884235003983_5101573793844190250_n.jpg

Chicken sausage w/heirloom tomato sauce over pasta and oven-roasted asparagus
  • Acg67
    Options
    Are you a chef? Or did you take culinary classes? Your meals always look so amazing!

Nope and nope. Just kinda like to cook and eat

will you come to my house and cook for me ??

:blushing:
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Eggs

l0WTFIM.jpg

Pork, peppercorn sauce, rice and veggies

473iqOZ.jpg
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Acg I'd love to come and eat at your house. It looks like you're an amazing cook! :drinker:
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Shawanda504
    Shawanda504 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this...it looks good
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    13731273223_284431acf4.jpg

Last night's dinner: homemade slowcooker chana masala over coconut-fried polenta.

13741741875_b6cb54218a.jpg

Today's (oddly positioned, overlit) brunch: chicken-and-bacon sandwich on an English muffin with fig jam, couple of clementines.
  • Acg67
    Options
    Asparagus risotto, speck, egg

IMG_20140409_185218.jpg
  • adaybetter
    adaybetter Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    rsz_photo1.jpg

protein ice cream