Teen girl kicked out of Planet Fitness

Options

Replies

• OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    No matter how much money it would save me I'd NEVER go to this gym. It's ridiculous. Their "discretion" seems a bit skewed. I wear about the same thing when I workout and it makes no one uncomfortable.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    While I totally feel for the ladies in the news stories, and my law school brain went racing down the First Amendment track....

I needed a good laugh today. THANK YOU!:laugh:

(Also the life time membership elsewhere is priceless!)

I'm sorry I don't remember the First Amendment? Was it freedom of thong, or else I get a free lifetime memberships elsewhere?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Proper workout attire.

SiennaMiller.jpg

I see calf/lower leg!!!!! Nope…not proper. Higher socks :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • I_love_to_ride
    Options
    Good grief. I see girls wearing way less at Wal-mart and the gorcery stores.
  • jamesalytle
    jamesalytle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    saw this on the news this morning. Whomever complained should come visit our local YMCA. 75% of the girls there wear super tight yoga pants and sports bras. The buff guys wonder around with ripped up t-shirts and everything out. Who cares...
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    New goal NSV: Get kicked out of Planet Fitness for "intimidating" people with my physique.
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hm, and here I'd been looking forward to the day I COULD start rocking something like that in the gym instead of hiding behind the sweat pants and baggy 3-4X T shirts... :ohwell:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    dress-code1.jpg?w=560

LOL...it LITERALLY says "all subject to our judgement"! Ahahahahaha. It's almost like one of the makers of the signs found a new word in the dictionary "Judgement" and decided to use it on EVERY sign in one way or another. "Judgement" free zone. "subject to our Judgement" etc etc.

Haylair.

So it's a judgment free zone except for the signs that say they can use their judgment for everything? Alice, welcome to Wonderland . . .
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Bare shoulders! That hussy!

Lol, this reminded me of that one part in Weird Al Yankovich's song "Amish Paradise" where the boys opened up the "dirty" mag and a woman was baring her ankle. The little slore!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to decide if I should rethink my gym aversion. . . Hmm. . .
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    "Planet Fitness prohibits members from wearing “jeans, work boots, bandanas, skull caps or revealing apparel."

AND…racer back tanks…and head scarves. How about sweat bands? Head bands? How about regular tanks? Would they be OK?? But they would reveal my arms. (gasp) And I have 2!!! How 'bout shorts? Then I'd be revealing my legs. (double gasp)

Turtle necks and sweat pants. But, in a big size so it doesn't cling anywhere. Sorry….but that is ridiculous!! :ohwell:

Sorry, not allowed: http://runningwithmickey.com/tag/planet-fitness-code/
  • Losing75byDecember
    Losing75byDecember Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My profile photo is what I wore to the gym today. Pretty sure I'd be tossed out. Such a joke of a place.

Of course that's what you wore. We're all impressed.
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I belong to Planet Fitness, and that's ridiculous! That's normal gym attire in my opinion.......... WTF!
  • SunnyDuckling
    SunnyDuckling Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    But, but ,but... it was mom approved!

Best line in the entire article! :laugh: Seriously, if that's what she was wearing, then PF deserves this bad publicity.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA! Another PF post!!! I belong to that "non-gym" and I've seen girls practically naked in my PF. Can't you people find another gym to complain about? First it's bad because they have bagels and pizza, then it's Tootsie Rolls. Sheeeshhh!
  • what_lola_wants
    what_lola_wants Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    seriously.gif
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    These issues must be specific to particular locations in the franchise. My own local PF has diverse size, race, age and choice of attire in their clients and the lunk alarm has never been rung.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have become extremely curious to see pictures of Planet Fitness with members inside working out who did NOT get kicked out.

Anyone able to find those?

Only pics of the members eating pizza . . .

I had a slice there recently. That makes me a bad fitness person I guess. And guess what? They didn't force it down my throat, I ate it on my own. Then for dessert, I grabbed a few Tootsie Rolls on the way out. Damn, look what they did to me forcing me to eat that horrible food.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness is a joke..

" ... was making other customers uncomfortable."

Seems like Planet Fitness is 90% haters and jealous trolls trying to get the other 10% kicked out of the "Gym".

Exactly. What a bunch of crybabies. I'd be kicked out straightaway because I wear tank tops and tight stuff all the time. I'm not gonna work out in a frumpy, baggy sweatsuit just to spare others' sensitive feelings. Planet Fitness seems to be the opposite of a "Judgment-free Zone." :sick: