30 Day Plank Challenge - April

Options

Replies

• colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this before I ever saw the thread, in, day 10 done! :drinker:
  • a_de_jong
    a_de_jong Posts: 17
    Options
    thanks for the idea and the chart!
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I started this challenge before I saw this thread. Started a couple of days late, though.

Day 8 = 190 seconds

I'm using an app so my progression isn't the same as the example on the first page. I've also been using locked arms. It's getting super tough. I'm supposed to reach 430 seconds by the end, but I may switch to elbows soon.
  • ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm up to 90 seconds and BOY is it hard! I have no idea how I'll be able to bump that up to 120!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this since April 1, but just found this thread.

I'm on my second day of 90-second planks. It was pretty easy for me up until this point, but now there's an earthquake happening inside my body beginning around the one minute mark and it doesn't quit until I collapse onto the ground at 90 seconds. Whew! I agree with the last poster, 120 seconds will be BRUTAL!
  • carolthol
    Options
    Hi. I am going to give it a try.:happy:
  • colortheworld
    Options
    Day 15 done! Tomorrow is gonna be rough.
  • ruthlesswr
    Options
    Last of the 90 second planks done...I'm kind of dreading tonight's 120. Although I do have to say that the 90 seconds, while still hard, was actually a little easier last night. Maybe this is doable after all.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    YAY!! Glad to others still doing the challenge! Day 14 - 90 seconds. That was tough! It was a good way to end my workout for the day! I could really feel my abs working! woohoo!! :smile:
  • colortheworld
    Options
    120 seconds!
  • ruthlesswr
    Options
    Did the first 120 seconds last night! It was hard, dont' get me wrong, but not as bad as I thought it would be. I think the jump to 90 toughened me up or something :)
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    Options
    I did my first 120 second plank this morning. I have a feeling my form is bad, because I don't really feel these in my abdomen as much as my shoulders. I know my hips aren't up too high, but perhaps sagging down a bit? I'm not sure...
  • ruthlesswr
    Options
    I managed to get through the 150 minute one last night. It was very hard, but I'm trying to convince myself that it seemed as hard as 90 did just a little while ago, so this is still doable. I don't know though :) Today is a rest day, thank heavens!
  • ruthlesswr
    Options
    I am NOT looking forward to tonight. 150 never did seem to get much easier!
  • AnnACnd
    AnnACnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread! Cool. I've got an app for this and I'm on day 10 and will have to do 140 seconds :)
  • ruthlesswr
    Options
    AnnACnd- glad you found it! I wasn't sure anybody else was doing this anymore.
    I did 3 minutes last night. It was tough, but going into it I was sure I'd not make it through, but I did it! I'm feeling like this may be doable after all!
  • hasta_la_vista_belly
    Options
    I did this a couple months back. Made it up to 3 minutes 30 seconds before my form started getting way too sloppy to keep going. I kinda stopped doing the challenge after several days of that and moved on to other things.

But I wouldn't mind trying it again :D
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    Options
    I've decided to abandon this challenge. I got up to two minutes and I think I'd rather do multiple 1-2 minute planks per day than stare at the floor for five minutes by the end of the challenge. I don't see the need to plank for that long, but I am glad I completed over half of the 30 days, because I started off barely being able to complete a 30-second plank and now a full minute is a piece of cake. Progress. :) I now plan to incorporate these planks along with a couple other core exercises to supplement my heavy lifting.

Good luck to those of you that are sticking with it!
  • ruthlesswr
    Options
    good luck IReed89! I think you've got a good idea - incorporate shorter planks into your workouts to keep up the core strength. Like you, I've certainly seen a big difference from that wobbly first attempt at the beginning. I've considered dropping it, too, but to be honest my daughter and I are both doing it and I don't want to quit before she does :) I"m stubborn that way.
  • ruthlesswr
    Options
    Oh and I forgot to mention - did the second 3 minute plank last night. If I remember the chart right (it's not in front of me at the moment) I have to bump up the time again tonight :( Wish me luck.
    Last night was really hard, but then I'd also gone to the gym and done a bunch of arm work earlier in the evening. My arms are those of a 98 pound weakling - I have to use the lightest weights and still struggle. So anyway, it's actually my arms and shoulders that give me the most trouble by the end of a long plank.