Scared to lose my breasts when i lose all the weight

Options

Replies

• ktcomplicated
    ktcomplicated Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    As other people have mentioned, typically your boobs will shrink proportionally. I've lost almost 60 pounds so far and while I've lost 6 inches in my bust, my cup size has remained the same (38G to 32G). I'm actually grateful for the fact that they got smaller; I tried on an old bra over the weekend while I was bagging up some old clothes and if they had stayed at the exact same size, I'd look like a cartoon character right now.

As for the bit about your husband - he'll adjust. And if he doesn't, do you really want to be with someone who'd prefer for you to be unhealthy just so that you can fulfill his sexual desires?
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    My husband being one of those guys. My husband is always commenting on how much he likes big boobs, mine especially, he loves that i have big boobs, and i feel like i would be less attractive to him is they shrunk. Thoughts?

I just gotta say.... if your husband finds you less attractive because you lost your boobs then he never really loved you. A real man will love you for who you are and not what you look like (of the size of your boobs). I've talked to my boyfriend about how I can't wait to lose my boobs along with the rest of the weight. It is my personality and not my large breasts that he is attracted to.
    Personally, I pray I lose my boobs. I am a HH and they are a serious pain. A literal pain.
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I think that it depends on genetics because I have a friend who lost 100lbs in the same time frame I did and she kept really big boobs.(She is still significantly heavier than me) Once I lost all the weight, I went from a DD to barely making a B cup now, but it is proportionate to my new size. I wear a 4/5 now and if I was huge up top it would look a bit crazy. It was pissed/disappointed for a long while though because I was accustomed to a really large chest. People can say that it should not matter, but that is not always the case. It is not vain to me to want to keep some part of your looks and not lose your entire self in the weight loss process. I know I will be ripped a new one for that last comment, but it is true to me. Best of luck with this, but make the decision for you and not to keep your husband happy...you have to decide good health is a priority and do it for the right reasons.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm lucky my husband is a butt guy, and I never had much of a behind anyway, so losing boobs won't change a thing for me. Smaller breasts honestly feel better, IMO. I don't want to rip them off when running anymore.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I have about 60 pounds to lose before i get to my goal weight. The last time i was at my goal weight was when i was a teenager, and my boobs were either a B or C cup, i can't really remember for sure what size, but they weren't very big. Now, i'm either a D or DD depending on the bra, but needless to say they are much bigger and i LOVE the size they are now. I feel like they are the perfect size for me, or my preference at least, and i would be devastated to lose them. I know i'm gonna get this comment so i'll just go ahead and say this now before someone else does. Yes, i know there are much more important things in life than just looks, and yes i know that boobs aren't the only thing that make you attractive, but me personally, i just have a thing with boobs. I guess it's because i know that the main sexual turn on for a guy is boobs, and the bigger the better for most guy. My husband being one of those guys. My husband is always commenting on how much he likes big boobs, mine especially, he loves that i have big boobs, and i feel like i would be less attractive to him is they shrunk. Thoughts?

If your husband finds you less attractive after losing weight, being healthier, and happy with who you are then you married the wrong man.

P.S. Boobs are not the be all end all for most guys "main sexual turn on"
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You're gonna lose some fat off your boobs as you go along. Mine have shrunk but I figure I'd rather lose a little boobage if it means I slim down everywhere else too rather than just be fat with bigger boobs.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for mine to reduce - it's always the last place my weight goes from :( I look forward to nicer bras and being able to buy a sports bra!
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for mine to reduce - it's always the last place my weight goes from :( I look forward to nicer bras and being able to buy a sports bra!

Absolutely agree. I can't wait to lose my breasts. Mine have always been big whether I was a size 4 or 14. Unfortunately I have to lose big before my breasts go down a single cup size.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person. I wasn't overweight tyo start with and I still have consistently lost one cup size every ten pounds.
  • iluvmpiche
    Options
    Don't know what to tell you. Boobs are mostly fat, so you're likely going to lose SOME size there. I personally am so flat that I don't require a bra at all, so I can't really know how you might feel losing them.

But, on the bright side, smaller chests are (and have been) in fashion lately, plus they could actually make you look thinner depending on your body frame. If I had a good-sized chest, I'd look heavier.

Just think positive. You're beautiful now and will be even more beautiful when you have the confidence from reaching your fitness goal. :)
  • moonlitheaven
    Options
    There are many things that can cause boobs to go big or small. I was a Double D Cup in High school... even after I lost 40 lbs. small frame, big chest. After college and I started working, I met my now husband, and the Double D's went down to a small D. After I gave birth to my 2 kids, they went down to a small C. Even with the weight gain, I stayed a C cup. I've lost weight now and I'm swimming in my bras...

You have to ask yourself if it is worth it. For me, it is. Once I reach my goal weight, I am going for the mommy makeover. :-)
  • lynnmarie96
    lynnmarie96 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Absolutely agree. I can't wait to lose my breasts. Mine have always been big whether I was a size 4 or 14. Unfortunately I have to lose big before my breasts go down a single cup size.

This!
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Mine were about a C and now they are a B I think.. I didn't even realise at the time it was going to happen, yeah me and my boyfriend noticed but at the end of the day boobs are boobs and he still loves them even if either of us would at times perfer them bigger. At the end of the day the size they are should look right in proportion to your body when you are at a healthy weight
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Even at my heaviest (about 60 pounds higher than I am now) I was just a B cup. Unfortunately, I've dwindled down to a small A. Not much you can do about it. Sigh........
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Open up a seperate savings account for your boobs. Once alll your weight is gone and you're happy with your goal weight and body reward yourself with a nice shiny set of new boobs! I got a boob job about 8 years ago and love them! Went from a small B cup to a DDD!
  • nmpx
    nmpx Posts: 76
    Options
    make up for it by working on your butt! in all honestly i know more men who like *kitten* over boobs. plus, there's all sorts of bras and such to make them appear bigger.
  • kitlynnJ
    kitlynnJ Posts: 78 Member
    Options

I'm not sure what size you are, but moving comfort sportsbras go up to at least an E. They also carry some smaller band size with larger cup sizes (like 32DD) that can be harder to find. http://www.movingcomfort.com/

edit: I have no affiliation with moving comfort, but have a few friends who can only buy from them due to chest size/band measurement.
  • kitlynnJ
    kitlynnJ Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    As others have said whether you lose them or not is all about genetics. If you are ready to lose the weight, but are worried try adding push ups and/or bench press to your workout routine. It won't make them bigger, but it can give them a natural lift.
  • daviddjhonna
    Options
    The women on my fathers side have big boobs but at the same time most where morbidly obese. So I have a chance to keep most of my boobs. I know my husband worships them so I dont want to loose too much. I read somewhere that to minimize loss try lifting light weights. I know I have and even though I lost 10lbs so far it made my waist smaller and my boobs look bigger (my best friend said she didnt think that was possible. LOL) So It has a lot to do with genetics and what you do for your strength training. I focus on my back so my shoulders pull back and my bust stands up. Its an optical illusion but it works.
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi - I would say if you are losing 60lb you MUST be prepared to lose some off your boobs - it will happen. I went from a 42E to a 34D - but as to stay the same cup size if you go down a chest size you actually go up a letter - e.g. 42E to a 40F to a 38G..... then I have lost quite a bit of boobage. Funny thing is they are still quite large and in proportion to the rest of the diminished me, and my husband still loves them; if the cup size had stayed the same I would look, frankly, quite ridiculous!