Teen girl kicked out of Planet Fitness

Options

Replies

• krisjackson31105
    krisjackson31105 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    What idiots.I did not see anything wrong with what she wore.People dress worst at walmart.
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I was being sarcastic when I mentioned the headband. Then I read that article. Really??? That's totally ridiculous :noway:
  • actioncomics1
    Options
    :blushing:
  • actioncomics1
    Options
    What idiots.I did not see anything wrong with what she wore.People dress worst at walmart.
    true that brother
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    lol I don't know where this planet fitness is but down here in Miami I've seen people working out in their bathing suit and one guy was lifting weight in flip flops..... Guess you could say the dress code is open for interpretation by management
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Ridiculous. I wear less when I workout and I'm hardly showing tons of skin. Do they want women to work out in burqas?
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    wow, I wear something very similar to the gym.
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Ridiculous. I wear less when I workout and I'm hardly showing tons of skin. Do they want women to work out in burqas?

Sorry, you're going to have to leave MFP until you decide to dress appropriately.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Oh but the woman in a black lace shirt, black bra and jeggings on the treadmill next to me was appropriate. So glad I cancelled this membership
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Sorry, you're going to have to leave MFP until you decide to dress appropriately.
    Vlad wears what Vlad wants. Vlad takes orders from no one.
  • Jane2285
    Jane2285 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Okay, I basically have the same outfit that I wear to my gym and yeah, no one says a thing! I have girls who I workout with that wear just their sports bra! (Because they are hot and can do that). So, yeah, I think someone was just out to get her and complained because she stayed in shape and she's 17, young, and making someone feel bad. Planet Fitness is a joke!
    Megan:)
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Some of the guys at my gym where less clothing then that..and they are just there strictly to workout....I don't see how her clothing could offend someone else.
  • dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am a member of Planet Fitness and I see people wearing clothing like that all the time and they were never told to leave. Must be a Michigan thing.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    New goal NSV: Get kicked out of Planet Fitness for "intimidating" people with my physique.
    sounds like a plan
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    "What on Earth are people in Planet Fitness wearing!? Parkas?"

I've seen a few girls with shirts like the one in that article, but most at my gym wear t-shirts and either shorts or sweat pants.
    There is one muslim gal who wears a long-sleeved shirt and headscarf, which I think would be terribly hot.

The sign in the locker room reminds people that "string tops" are prohibited, but the girl in the article wasn't wearing that.

"Seems like Planet Fitness is 90% haters and jealous trolls trying to get the other 10% kicked out of the "Gym"."

For once, the sarcastic use of quotes is right. They say they're not a gym.

The only problems I've seen at my branch come from people not following the rules, things like "clean the machines after every use"... which is plastered all over, and the chemical spray & paper towels are convenient everywhere. Despite that, there are some people who just don't get it.

My friend said something to one of them, and eventually had to clean one of the machines himself to use it, and the bully attacked him. Police had a chat, didn't arrest him that time despite video evidence, but suggested he find a new time to work out. Haven't seen him since. Other members appreciated my friend speaking up, told him thanks.
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It's because she was hot. Women are so b%^&*^ sometimes when there's someone who has worked hard to get that body. I admit, I have thoughts of stabbing people in the eye sometimes when they are doing the flirty thing and not working out, because I would never waste my gym time like that, but I totally admire those that have reached the goals from which I am so far away.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I work out at home.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Wow. What in the world is she supposed to be wearing??? She is dressed 100% appropriately. This is pathetic. Thank goodness I don't have a membership there. My nike pro core shorts would have made the swap team crash through the windows:laugh:
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options

The only problems I've seen at my branch come from people not following the rules, things like "clean the machines after every use"... which is plastered all over, and the chemical spray & paper towels are convenient everywhere. Despite that, there are some people who just don't get it.

My friend said something to one of them, and eventually had to clean one of the machines himself to use it, and the bully attacked him. Police had a chat, didn't arrest him that time despite video evidence, but suggested he find a new time to work out. Haven't seen him since. Other members appreciated my friend speaking up, told him thanks.

^This. It is so disgusting when you come up on a machine and it is drenched in someone else's bodily fluids. If you make it wet, make it dry (and clean).
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    It's because she was hot. Women are so b%^&*^ sometimes when there's someone who has worked hard to get that body. I admit, I have thoughts of stabbing people in the eye sometimes when they are doing the flirty thing and not working out, because I would never waste my gym time like that, but I totally admire those that have reached the goals from which I am so far away.

How do you know it was a woman?