"but it would be such a bother to LOG your food"

Options
1235»

Replies

• bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I like logging because I have obsessive tendencies and like to see the lists. I keep better track that way. If I don't log I won't remember everything I ate and I'll freak a bit.

Ha ha I don't freak but I do enjoy the process of logging what I eat and will do it for as long as it works for me,

I also enjoy to see the list of food I had that day and realized that even thou I am eating on deficit, still can eat a lot different food and snacks, and is exactly the food I like to eat.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I NEVER said logging was silly. I don't think logging is silly. I know that logging is a great tool for a great many people and believe MFP is a great site.

The post to which I replied that stated not logging = no change is silly. Lots of people change without logging.

Was any of this necessary?

I think I don't particularly enjoy your company... 75% of your posts are blatantly formulated to feed drama for no particular reason. I'm guessing at 52 years old? It's a symptom of boredom or severe immaturity (or maybe a little of both). Whatever the purpose, I'm grateful for the ignore button as it's about to come in handy.

No more necessary or unnecessary than your response, I suppose.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I've been logging daily for over 100 days now between MFP and My Fitness Pal, where I got started. How can something that takes less than 5 minutes out of my day be a bother? Especially considering that it works!
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I've been logging daily for over 100 days now between MFP and My Fitness Pal, where I got started.

Meant to say MFP and MapMyFitness. Too many similar sounding names!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    If you don't log it, you can't track it. If you can't track it, you can't measure it. If you can't measure it, you can't change it. If you can't change it = fail.

That's just silly.

Almost as silly as someone who has maintained the same weight for decades and never logged a frikkin thing spending so much time on a food logging website.

Who would that be? Certainly not me, on either count. I logged regularly for some time. And I have not been the same weight for decades.

Also, this is a fitness site with a food logging feature. I use the site for one, but not the other. I'm not sure why that irritates you so, or why it's even your business.

It doesn't irritate me. I just find it odd that you feel the overwhelming need to point out the fact that you don't log your food any time anyone makes a comment about logging their food..... on a food logging site.
    myfoodloggingpal sure is a good website. Can you believe that i actually thought it was called myfitnesspal when i first signed up!?!? Not sure how i got that one messed up.

So, what's your main (or previous) MFP account name? Why the dupe account/reboot?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    If you don't log it, you can't track it. If you can't track it, you can't measure it. If you can't measure it, you can't change it. If you can't change it = fail.

That's just silly.

Almost as silly as someone who has maintained the same weight for decades and never logged a frikkin thing spending so much time on a food logging website.

Who would that be? Certainly not me, on either count. I logged regularly for some time. And I have not been the same weight for decades.

Also, this is a fitness site with a food logging feature. I use the site for one, but not the other. I'm not sure why that irritates you so, or why it's even your business.

It doesn't irritate me. I just find it odd that you feel the overwhelming need to point out the fact that you don't log your food any time anyone makes a comment about logging their food..... on a food logging site.
    myfoodloggingpal sure is a good website. Can you believe that i actually thought it was called myfitnesspal when i first signed up!?!? Not sure how i got that one messed up.

I bet you were pissed when they wouldn't let you shoot the merchandise at Target.
  • actioncomics1
    Options
    Definitely! It works for me so it's worth it.
    yep
  • warriortraveler10
    warriortraveler10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i tried to stop logging it was in between weight watchers and when i started my fitness pal. I thought "i can totally regulate my food without logging" well in two months i was 20 lbs heavier. So, just watch out and make sure you are ready for it when you decide to do it.