WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST 5K RUN TIME

Options
123457»

Replies

• ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    My first 5k was 25:31. I had been running about 7 months. I nearly threw up at the end and could hardly walk for a week after. It was worth it. :laugh:
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    my very first 5K was offically 34:30 my last 5K was offically 30:00 (but my watch said 29:43 but I'll take 30 flat)
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My first 5K was in March 2011, my time was 36:08.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all check this group out for discussion on how to run 5Ks faster. We talk about upcoming races, tips, etc. Open to all looking to improve no matter what the pace is!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/20559-run-faster-5ks
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Started running at age 43. Kicked around for 2 months then ran my first 5k at 25:34.
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My one and only 5K was in 2005 and I finished in 31:33. (No, I don't remember, I just looked it up.) I was in pretty good shape, elliptical and weights and all, and did C25K on a treadmill in advance of the race. But I hated every second of it, and discovered I am just not a runner.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    About 32 or 33. My next one was a 36, but that was after a bad car VS bike accident, where my knee got injured. I'll do another one this year, and beat both of those times. Doing a 10K training program now.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My first 5K was well over 30 minutes (not officially timed and almost 20 years ago). I wasn't trained for it at all and I started out way too fast. I had to walk some, but I did beat the guy with the greyhound. I also beat Loren Woods, which I had jokingly stated as a goal going in. He wasn't really trying and was just jogging when he caught me, but my buddy said watching me sprint to beat him at the end was one of the funniest things he's ever seen (Woods is about 15 inches taller than me):
    bosh_promopic_POW.jpg
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    That's really good actually! I was running from October until march and only got my 3 mile time down to 31:39. So good for you ;)
  • carblover79
    Options
    My first and best was 36:30 after 4 months of C25K training. Don't worry about your time, just maintain a comfortable pace and let the crowd take you. It is incredibly addicting, so have fun!
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    My first 5K was 35 minutes. I wasn't actually jogging during that time of my life though. A friend just didn't want to do it alone so I went so she's have someone to hang out with.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I started running when I was 62....... last year.....my first 5k was 37 minutes and my best time is 34 ........ not races, just pounding the streets by myself
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My first was in March and I finished at 36:17 (started running this past December). I started out WAY too fast, and the last mile was a lot of walking/jogging.
    I have another 5k in May that I started following Hal Higdon's novice 5k training plan to prepare for. My goal for the May 5k is 35 or under, and run a negative split.
  • IvanCasillas
    IvanCasillas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My first and only 5k, last year I ran a 20:26 and finished 7/191
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It was May 2011 and was 39:08 :smile: The last one I ran was last September and it was 28:16. :happy:
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Jan 2012 - finished in 26:44
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    only 5k I have attempted was a zombie mud run. Completed in just over 40 minutes. That was my first K of any kind and didn't do any training before. Was proud of myself for completing without injury doing the obstacles.
  • AshwinA7
    AshwinA7 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Just ran a Color Run 5K a few weeks ago and came in just under 30 minutes.