Chicken Smoothie

Options

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I once did the Fear Factor thing at Universal Studios. I think it had fish - maybe some bugs - a bunch of stuff - anyway it was the most disgusting thing EVER!! The other girl drinking it threw up. I didn't win the prize - which was only a plastic cup anyway. I stay away from meat smoothies now.
  • avocadoshaped
    avocadoshaped Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Can I ask why you cannot eat a sandwich while you walk?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    honest to god, my sister blended up Subway Tuna Salad subs when she had her wisdom teeth taken out. I gagged a little at the concept, but she loved it. I certainly wouldn't consider doing it on the regular, but I don't see how it'd be that different from just a soup.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

I am alternatively throwing up a little in my mouth, and giggling, at these ideas.

I can't wait to hear more.
  • angel5561
    angel5561 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Ive tried cottage cheese and even greek yogurt but never chicken lol I dont think you would taste bland chicken breast but the texture would probably be way off
  • Alsvic
    Alsvic Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When I had a motorcycle accident in 2007 I spent a month in a nursing home learning to walk. We had a whole population that had to have every meal ground up as they could not chew food at all. They had chicken breast, peas and french-fries liquefied Breakfast Lunch and Dinner every da.
  • angel5561
    angel5561 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I want to try pumpkin pie protein powder with a can of pumpkin, some pumpkin pie spice, and some splenda....

I just did this with vanilla protein powder it's really good
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    2lj44qvjpg_zpsc3282fe4.gif
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Silken tofu is great in a smoothie. Since I like buttermilk and it is savory, I think I wouldn't mind my tune salad mixed with it. I had vsg so I happily ate puréed Chinese food and blended soups last year.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    My husband and I had a restaurant in a small town for years. One of our regulars got a broken jaw and it was wired shut. I liquified many a meal for the man. Hot turkey sandwiches - turkey, mash, gravy and veg - hot roast beef, hamburger steaks... you get the idea. Lots of milk to thin it out, Voila! Meat smoothie.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    50a47e79afa96f1ff40012e4.gif?w=400&h=267
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Sure go ahead. Just don't tell anyone you did it!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    In just to thank you for the LOLs!
  • LufPnP
    LufPnP Posts: 1
    Options
    YES! I have blended chicken in a smoothie. I can't remember the combination but one was sort of a cocoa powder, peanut butter, chili powder mole. Delicious. The other was more a Gaspacho with spinach, cilantro, and tomatoes. Quick and easy to eat at the desk. I just packed in old peanut butter jars (no BPA and no leaking) and packed in a padded lunch sack. Used my lunch hour to take a walk instead.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    This topic intrigued me enough to read it. I am not a fan of drinking my calories at all. I have to have the satisfaction of chewing my food and get very few calories from drinking anything. I have seen some really odd combinations of food people use in their smoothies, but I have to say this kind of has them topped:noway: But, to each is own. If it works for you, go for it !
  • jrose1982
    jrose1982 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it be basically cold chicken soup?

Hey, how about chicken soup in a smoothie?
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Has anybody ever tried adding chicken, tuna, or the like to their green smoothie?

Most days I bring a smoothie for lunch not because I love smoothies, but because I can use my 30 minute lunch break for walking, then get away with drinking my lunch at my desk later. I tend to put just about any and everything into my smoothies. Then I started wondering if I should try throwing 3 or 6 oz of chicken in there. It seems like a really bad idea, but maybe not. (If the chicken doesn't make me gag, I'll try tuna next.)

Many years ago I had after an accident my jaw wired together and only could drink food. I often made something with hot milk, instant potatoes, some vegetables and boiled chicken and a few drops of Bovril concentrate. It was like a creamy soup and I still make it today ( but eat it from a bowl ), because I like it. I have no idea however if this qualifies as a smoothie.
    Now in summer you could make Gazpacho in many different varieties including ground nuts ( almonds are typical ) and natural yogurt, or even a couple of spoons of hummus, or just plain chickpeas....refreshing and nutricious .
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Two words - cauliflower smoothie.

LucumaSmoothieW.jpg

Because you need to pair vegetables with the chicken for a balanced smoothie meal.
  • naiauhane
    naiauhane Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Go for it!

You're reminding me that I meant to try adding chicken to a smoothie myself. I thought a bland chicken breast might not really change the flavor, though no idea on the texture. I did not think to add any canned fish though. Fish would be too fishy to me to add to any kind of normal-for-me smoothie. Though if I really need protein, sometimes I do just pop open a can of tuna and eat it straight from the can.

I wanted to try adding chicken to my smoothies because I'm trying to steer away from over-processed foods, including processed protein powders. I'm trying to find ways to get my smoothie protein content back up to 20+ grams per smoothie using whole foods. That's why I thought of chicken personally.

If you do try adding raw eggs to your smoothies... I've done it and liked it, but then learned that the avidin in the uncooked egg white binds to the biotin in the raw egg yolk so you're kind of canceling out some of the nutrients. I've read that the yolks are the better absorbed of the two when raw, and that the whites should be cooked. In general, I believe the protein in eggs is more bioavailable (meaning your body will absorb more protein) when eggs are cooked versus raw.

If you try the chicken smoothie, let us know! I'd go do it right now, but the chicken breasts I just cooked last night were made with garlic-infused olive oil and soy sauce. I don't think that would taste very good =(

Oh, and I haven't done a clove of garlic in a smoothie, but I have eaten a raw clove of garlic that immediately doubled me over with cramps (funny enough the garlic was supposed to be a folk remedy for a sore throat-- I did get rid of the sore throat, but traded it for stomach pains). And I also used a juicer to make a recipe from a juice book that included juicing a small leek, which was disgusting and also immediately upsetting to my stomach. It's fun to experiment though =)