I eat 51 bananas a day!

Options
Not me personally, but this girl...she is bananas!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2601633/I-eat-51-bananas-day-Self-proclaimed-diet-guru-claims-toned-physique-MOUNTAINS-fruit-eats-single-meal-time.html

I'm sure there are plenty of healthy people who follow a raw vegan diet and after a lot of research eat as varied and widely as possible to get all their nutrients and it's a shame people like this come along! And worrying she has such a following!

How can she actually eat this many calories and be stick thin..it defies science! And her advice to pack in lots of carbs?! Craaaazy.

Replies

• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    In B4............
    IjwBXMI.gif
  • sarzo14
    sarzo14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    She actually works out so much that she can eat that much. If you'd burn 3000 in the gym, you could eat that much as well ;)
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Wow....
  • jamesalytle
    jamesalytle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    where in the hell is she packing those suckers! and damn, you'd think she'd be all clogged up. if i eat 2 in a day i'm doomed.
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    She actually works out so much that she can eat that much. If you'd burn 3000 in the gym, you could eat that much as well ;)

Very important point..
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options

Indeed. This kind of thing is disastrous. To make people think that they can eat all that sugar and lose weight.

I think I prefer eating my full fat meals, never feeling hungry and going out on Bushwalks because I enjoy nature, not eating low fat, being hungry and spending half the week in the gym trying to burn all the carbs off.
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options

Indeed. This kind of thing is disastrous. To make people think that they can eat all those calories and lose weight.

I think I prefer eating my full fat meals, never feeling hungry and going out on Bushwalks because I enjoy nature, not eating low fat, being hungry and spending half the week in the gym trying to burn all the calories off.

FIFY
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    174823_407731779347024_786153167_n.jpg
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I think I read somewhere that she is a long distance cyclist... which explains why she can eat all those carbs.

She is a complete whacko and I wouldn't recommend that anyone survive on just fruit.

Telling people that they can eat limitless fruit and lose weight is complete nonsense and irresponsible at best.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    20070331221204!Dancing_Banana.gif

I like bananas, not 51 a day!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a perfect girl for a Gorilla

article-2601633-1CFF8BDE00000578-534_638x478.jpg

Quite the buffet
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Oh! And here's a banana for scale!

52b8379a1605fb0ac9000001.gif
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I think I read somewhere that she is a long distance cyclist... which explains why she can eat all those carbs.

She is a complete whacko and I wouldn't recommend that anyone survive on just fruit.

Telling people that they can eat limitless fruit and lose weight is complete nonsense and irresponsible at best.

Right? And once I read the part where it mentioned she suffered from anorexia and bulimia in the past its like, YA THINK? Now its just orthorexia.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    This is why the context by which she is able to eat this much is key. Not just. Omg, look at this girl eat 51 bananas (sounds kinky).

I love bananas...but there are definitely other things I could spend like 5,000 calories on...like a steak...and some ice cream...A pizza
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    On a smaller scale, though, I can kinda see the light at the end of all those bananas.

Eating more whole foods is great for you. I've upped my intake of them myself, and it has worked wonders on my mood/energy and my weight loss. So I get her drift. Kinda.
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Isn't she the one that said women have to have a thigh gap to be healthy?
  • Jinxy23
    Jinxy23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Love bananas, they are nature's snack bars. Prepacked, individually wrapped and full of energy. That said I would NEVER eat 51... 2 is usually more than enough and that's on an active gym day...
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    Don't hate! She just loves the look and feel of a large banana! I bet she just consumes them by sliding them right down her throat, no chewing! Kinda like that Chinese dude who won the hot dog eating competition.
  • IslandSeeker
    Options

If I remember right, Ashton Kutcher was hospitalized after trying to transition into an all-fruit diet. I believe it was severe nutrient deficiency or something. Either way, you know that she has to be just sh$#@^*g it all out any way. Did you see her stomach after eating her smoothie!! Her body is clearly telling her this is not what it wants:sick:
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    uGHHH. I would be so sick to my stomach.