You look young

Options

Replies

• craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Usually people guess in the 35-40 year range and I'm 50. Part of it is have have very few gray hairs, and part of it is because I'm a death metal headbanger and people don't believe a 50 y/o woman can rock out to Children of Bodom or Cannibal Corpse. I have seen every episode of "Metalocalypse" - several times. I took my 19 year-old grandson to his first concert when he was 13 (Slipknot). Since I live in an area where gambling and prostitution are legal, and knowing my son and ex-d-i-l, I'll probably be the one to take him out to his first legal gambling/drinking binge. As for the other, I'll fund it but I'm not going with him! :laugh:
  • glairestone
    Options
    I am 28 years old.
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    14!!!!!!!!!! I'm 22!!! So annoying!! lol Every single bar thinks my ID is fake. I gave up on going out -_-
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    36... Always 36 for years now. IDK why this is really. Happened again at the gym last week... I'm 51.
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    People usually guess ~25, but I just turned 40 last year! I hated it when I was younger…but now I LOVE it! :)
  • 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and have had anything from 26 - 36. I'll take it.
  • youngdreamer
    youngdreamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    People are pretty good with guessing my age. 19-22, usually. I'm 22 turning 23 in a couple months.
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    most people think I'm in my mid 30's and can't believe it when I tell them how old I am......I've had to show my ID sometimes before they would take me seriously....I like looking younger than I am.....:)
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I've been told I look like I'm in my late 20's to very early 30's. A few years ago I had to show someone my ID to prove I was the age I said I was.

I get carded quite a bit and it's rather funny to see the look on the persons face when they calculate my age.
  • sabrina19782014
    sabrina19782014 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    In person, most people think I'm around 45. Online, I've been told I look as young as 38 from my photo. In some restaurants and other places, I love getting carded to prove I'm eligible for the senior discount. :drinker: I'm turning 61 in a couple of months.

Your pic certainly doesnt show it :)
  • Cudleigh
    Cudleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    People always think I'm older than I look. I've heard anywhere between 22-30. I'm 22, and the only time I get carded is when I go out with my friends (probably because my best friend looks 16).

It's kind of uncomfortable when people think I'm my dad's wife. This happens a lot when we go out to dinner together. When people come to the house to fix things/whatever, they ask if my husband's home.

Though it is kind of funny when I go out with my sister (she's 26), and she gets carded, and I don't.
  • Mine_Time
    Mine_Time Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    People don't believe me all the time. Most think I am younger than my age. I am 38 and most think late 20s or early 30s.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    In person, most people think I'm around 45. Online, I've been told I look as young as 38 from my photo. In some restaurants and other places, I love getting carded to prove I'm eligible for the senior discount. :drinker: I'm turning 61 in a couple of months.

Your pic certainly doesnt show it :)

Thank you! :heart: I don't feel almost 61 either--well, most of the time. lol
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I get from 25 on up to my age. I'm 30. I find that the older the person is guessing my age, the younger they think I am. People in their 70's+ will sometimes think I am a teenager.

Lol. I assume it's because they can't see me very well.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    20s
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and people frequently guess me to be in my early 20's, sometimes even younger.

I really don't mind that. :bigsmile:
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    I'm always getting "there's no way you're 49!" more like 32, to maybe 40.
  • Resoir
    Resoir Posts: 117
    Options
    People guess me to be 85 y old and up
  • MrsPaulSmith
    MrsPaulSmith Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    People used to think I was 16. In the last couple months people have guessed 25. I think most people are just really bad at guessing age.