To Cleanse or not to cleanse?? and what to do after??

Options
1235»

Replies

• patrick139
    Options
    Let me add my 2 cents in here if i could.

Regardless of what program ou were currently doing, the fact is that right now you have hit a plateau.
    Plateaus can happen for a NUMBER of reasons.
    -The type of fitness routine your on
    -Your protein/carbs/fat may be off balance for the type of goals you are trying to achieve.

Sometimes a Reset program does help jump start your body back again. The only down side when doing any kind of detox style program, is you are only allowed very little physical activity, very very low impact workouts only, since your calorie intake will be too low to support It, the Detox program AND a workout.

one of the things you can do , is FINE Tune and Fine reexamine where your nutrition is at. You always want to keep the protien Higher when your trying to burn fat. (this is NOT mean high protein, low carbs. What i mean is higher protien and not as high Carbs. The only time you change that is you are in a Energy phase and you have gotten past the weight loss at the moment.
  • bonoeuf
    bonoeuf Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    WOW this place has a bunch of idiots. I never said prune juice unclogs arteries. Iam starting to think this forum is for a bunch of trolls. If you can't understand what I wrote then your definitely not fit to give advice. The OP didnt say weight loss cleanse ,OP meant to cleanse in general.
    Yes your body will cleanse itself if you give it the proper fiber and water amount per day. People here talk like you can eat anything and somehow your body will just sort it out.

Well who looks the idiot now, miss quoting the OP as she clearly states she is looking at a cleanse of weight loss. You want to post with adults then you name call and insult folk.
    Now go and stand in the naughty corner.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options

Regardless of what program ou were currently doing, the fact is that right now you have hit a plateau.
    -Your protein/carbs/fat may be off balance for the type of goals you are trying to achieve.

Sometimes a Reset program does help jump start your body back again. The only down side when doing any kind of detox style program, is you are only allowed very little physical activity, very very low impact workouts only, since your calorie intake will be too low to support It, the Detox program AND a workout.

one of the things you can do , is FINE Tune and Fine reexamine where your nutrition is at. You always want to keep the protien Higher when your trying to burn fat. (this is NOT mean high protein, low carbs. What i mean is higher protien and not as high Carbs. The only time you change that is you are in a Energy phase and you have gotten past the weight loss at the moment.
    Wow, just wow. I don't even know where to begin

LOL right.

I'm interested to know how one "resets" one's body and what exactly that entails. Do you turn it off and on again like a computer? And then once you've reset it how do you jump start it? Fine tuning it too? And then there's an energy phase?! Phew, I'm exhausted just reading that.
  • Deannas69
    Deannas69 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Personally I do not do any special type of cleanse because like most other people mentioned your body cleanses itself everyday.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,064 Member
    Options
    I didn't know one's first post had to be a certain standard - my first one was probably equally ordinary, can't really remember.
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    To everyone who has been abusing "daniellemarie" - thanks for nothing.

The good lady asked about what it is and how to cleanse. Besides the good advice about food logging, the best she got from mostof you is patronising rubbish bordering on abuse.

She just asked a question - does anyone have a good answer? If you dont then stay quiet - everyone's journey is different.

I do love a knight in shining amour.:flowerforyou: Carry on good knight and fight the dragons and evil trolls, your quest will be long and dangerous and very possible fruitless, but I for one shall follow your journey, cos you make me laugh :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More like "sock puppet." 1 post? Yeah, not suspicious at all.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Wow, just wow. I don't even know where to begin
    I second that.
  • Inkymycat
    Inkymycat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I must be the only one on here that does a cleanse. I don't take pills. I take a natural one that has been out for a very long time. It's called the lemonade diet or cleanse. It has purified water, organic lemons, organic cayenne pepper, and organic grade B maple syrup.

After the cleanse I watch what I eat. I did a program for 60 days called RebootWithJoe.com which death with juicing. I however don't juice but I do smoothies. I used my Vitamix. I did 80 percent vegetables and 20 percent fruit. Check out there website. I lost almost 40 pounds doing that.

Just do whatever works for you. Not everything works for everyone as we are all different. Good luck
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I must be the only one on here that does a cleanse. I don't take pills. I take a natural one that has been out for a very long time. It's called the lemonade diet or cleanse. It has purified water, organic lemons, organic cayenne pepper, and organic grade B maple syrup.

After the cleanse I watch what I eat. I did a program for 60 days called <snipped website> which death with juicing. I however don't juice but I do smoothies. I used my Vitamix. I did 80 percent vegetables and 20 percent fruit. Check out there website. I lost almost 40 pounds doing that.

Just do whatever works for you. Not everything works for everyone as we are all different. Good luck

That does not sound like fun at all…
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    The scale hasnt moved in about 3 months.. It is so frusterating... I eat lots of veggies and fruits and protien and drink 10-12 cups of water a day i keep a log of what i eat i havent logged on her for while due to a mishap with my phone and the concrete!!! i attend zumba 4-5 times a week for an hour i am a teacher so i am on my feet all day walking. I have two children so i am always with them cleaning or playing.I just dont know what to do from here

If you aren't losing then you are probably eating at maintenance and need to lower your calories
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I say definitely cleanse! My husband & I are advisors for a company called Advocare, not sure if you've heard about that but we have a 24 day challenge which is broken up into two phases. The first phases is actually a cleanse and it's 10 days long. With that you're gonna be releases all the unhealthy foods & drinks you've put in your body, the results with just the cleanse it's self is gonna help with losing inches and/or weight as well. Going into the max phases which is the remainder 14 days of the challenge is when you start putting back in all the proper nutrients your body needs. People have lost up to 20-25 pounds doing this challenge & the good thing is you can do this every 90 days.

advertising is not allowed here.
    You are going to have to take your sales pitch elsewhere.
  • Inkymycat
    Options
    Hi Becca Advocare is probably good but i stay with things that are cheap and free.
  • Inkymycat
    Options
    It works and ive done it a few times now.
  • Inkymycat
    Options
    Thanks for the link. It looks like she didn't have much will power and didn't do the 5 days of gradually working your way into the cleanse. I didnt have the problems that she did and I used Hoodia for my appetite problem as well as physillium for the full effect.. All I no is I lost weight and kept it off after I went on a sensible diet. After the Master Cleanse was over I did RebootwithJoe and lost 40 pounds. I have kept the weight off and I'm trying to loose my last 25 pounds.
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    http://bembu.com/natural-ways-to-detox-your-body

Here is a link for cleansing. It's all natural stuff that you could probably incorporate into every day life. It's things people already do when dieting, but it's a compiled list if you seriously want to try.

There's nothing added you can really do I'd just rather be helpful on this subject because I have to do cleanses in order to be regular in that bathroom department (Sorry for TMI) because I medically can't go on a regular or normal basis. It can be weeks before I go sometimes.

The human body is a strange thing.
  • emilycapshaw
    Options
    I have done several various cleanses, and have had mixed experiences with them. If you are looking to develop healthier eating habits without getting overwhelmed or feeling hungry I would recommend trying the 21 Day Superstar Cleanse by Rainbeau Mars. As it is longer than your average juice cleanse, I found it to break more unhealthy habits and cause better long term results than others that left me feeling hungry and craving bad foods. This cleanse also incorporates blending which provides more nutrients and leaves you less hungry than only juicing. The cleanse info used to only be available through signing up for a quarterly program, but it is now all in her book on Amazon! It is a beautiful book with daily recipes, mantras, and yoga. I highly recommend it! It has worked wonders for my health.