So you're new here...

Options

Replies

• RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    6. Come back in a few months trying to figure out why they're dizzy, tired, not losing weight.
    7. Get on the forums, ask why they aren't losing.
    8. Get two responses (I eat 1200 and lose) (I eat 2200 and lose)
    9. Argument ensues about who is right.

This was my favorite part lol so true. :drinker:

Yes, ma'am, it is.
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    P.S. to the OP, that BEARD!!! I love it!!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    hey, yeah, i want more info on this twinkies and vodka diet!

also, i think this: http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
    is more useful and accurate than the scooby calculator. to each his or her own though.

great info!

agreed... but all of the calculators are just estimates, right? Even MFP, by design, is just giving estimates. iifym is a perfectly good option, but nothing replaces time/logging/dedication/SCIENCE!

Also, I'm in talks with BeachDr.Ozvocare on getting the twinkies and vodka diet patented. There'll be different variants. :wink:

you have my full support!
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    Very helpful. Thanks.
  • hippie_spirit
    hippie_spirit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump for reference
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    bump to keep hold of my topics..
  • gailrobards
    gailrobards Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    very good info and advice...congrats on -153 lbs!
  • 25Pushups
    25Pushups Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great tips!
  • Caretha2002
    Caretha2002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    im new and this is day 2 im going to to do some walking today and im trying to portion control my downfall vodka yeah I know not good but wish me luck I would like to lose 40 pounds I hope have a great day and be healthy ciao....
  • jroccaro58
    jroccaro58 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. It was realistic.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    ThanksOp
    Bump
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Another one to take issue with point 11.
    'Diet food' IS 'Real food'.
    Avoiding such is a fad, I'd say... ;)

A LOT of people eating restricted calories find food that's low in calories very helpful to feeling full and so.

For instance, I'll often add a load of chopped lettuce to what I'm eating - barely any calories, but really bulks it out.
    Or a muller light black cherry and chocolate yoghurt - really tasty 'desert' for under 100 calories. Ideal to satisfy the sweet tooth without having half a cake that's 350calories a slice sitting there to tempt me.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

A LOT of people eating restricted calories find food that's low in calories very helpful to feeling full and so.

For instance, I'll often add a load of chopped lettuce to what I'm eating - barely any calories, but really bulks it out.
    Or a muller light black cherry and chocolate yoghurt - really tasty 'desert' for under 100 calories. Ideal to satisfy the sweet tooth without having half a cake that's 350calories a slice sitting there to tempt me.
    chopped lettuce is real food. When I say diet food, I meant more toasts the frozen meals geared towards a diet lifestyle... the weight watchers stuff, for example. All of the foods that brag about being loe fat, no fat, etc. Effectively, don't buy into a diet branded ecosystem. Not everything has to be the "light" variant, right? I think we're in agreement on this, just semantics at this point.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Nope, thus my example of a muller light yoghurt.
    I'm quite happy and often do eat low calorie ready meals.
    "If it meets your macros."
    So while I wouldn't choose them because I buy in to their 'system', I also see no reason to avoid them either.
    Interestingly, the local supermarket's buget ready meal range (many of which are low calorie) notes they are "made with kitchen cupboard ingredients".
    Taking the ready meal example, they are often an excellent solution to quick food with easy portion control and still appropriately filling.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Nope, thus my example of a muller light yoghurt.
    I'm quite happy and often do eat low calorie ready meals.
    "If it meets your macros."
    So while I wouldn't choose them because I buy in to their 'system', I also see no reason to avoid them either.
    Interestingly, the local supermarket's buget ready meal range (many of which are low calorie) notes they are "made with kitchen cupboard ingredients".
    Taking the ready meal example, they are often an excellent solution to quick food with easy portion control and still appropriately filling.

I do agree with this, but feel it's nitpicking the major message of "don't limit yourself to froyo because you need to lose a pound or a hundred". Think of all the people who start on here and have to be given explicit permission to eat red meat, bread and fruit to meet a 1200 calorie requirement.
  • evastria
    evastria Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Needs to be stickied!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    43 pounds to go doesn't look like "Vanity" to me.
  • likitisplit
    Options

chopped lettuce is real food. When I say diet food, I meant more toasts the frozen meals geared towards a diet lifestyle... the weight watchers stuff, for example. All of the foods that brag about being loe fat, no fat, etc. Effectively, don't buy into a diet branded ecosystem. Not everything has to be the "light" variant, right? I think we're in agreement on this, just semantics at this point.

Also, the things marketing teams dream up are pretty amusing. I have literally seen pixie sticks - pure sugar pixie sticks - labeled as "fat free." A lot of the time, that's what you are getting with the advertising: an illusion based on spin. If you want to know what you are getting, read the ingredients list.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Needs to be stickied!

And it was!!!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Now, if only I could afford an HRM :cry: Guess I'm set for failure :wink:

I lost 45 pounds without a HRM...or, get this...a scale.

However, I used to weight food when I did Weight Watchers and I knew that was the first thing I would turn to if I plateaued.

Rule 117: if what you're doing is healthy and works, keep doing it. If it's not working, get more accurate as your first step.
This discussion has been closed.