Diet coke/pepsi addiction...HELP!!

Options

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Yes, diet pepsi contains aspartame, something used to sweeten your drink instead of high calorie sugar. But aspartame is responsible for everything you're feeling and here is why:
    SOME THINGS CAUSED BY ASPARTAME CONSUMPTION

* birth defects
    * brain cancers
    * diabetes
    *emotional disorders
    *Epilepsy

If what you're consuming has aspartame in it, don't consume it. It's a poison, like flouride. Unfortunately it can be masked with different words on the ingredient list. But the more processed a food is, the more of this stuff is in it, you can bet on that. Are people that unaware that we are being killed off or debilitated?

tumblr_mfoli9jvM71s1a09qo1_400.gif

tumblr_inline_my629o5sDj1qkavmj.gif
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    chemtrails.jpg
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    If you truly think you have an addiction, then you might want to seek the help of a 12 step group.

If you think you can exhibit self control, then do it.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    chemtrails.jpg

THEYRE CONTROLLING THE WEATHER WITH CHEMTRAILS AND HAARP!

edit: oh....and diet sprite too.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    chemtrails.jpg

Chemtrails are actually a mind control drug developed by Dr Oz in his secret lab, and are made of Diet Sprite and Flouride
  • sunnyeuphoria
    sunnyeuphoria Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Some people have problems with aspartame.. it is the artificial sweetener that most often gives people issues healthwise. It may be perfectly safe (according to studies) to consume as far as not being a carcinogen, but that does not mean that it is good for our bodies. When it is overheated it breaks down into something similar to formaldehyde and methanol. I studied this stuff pretty intensely because, like you, I had a diet coke addiction... but got to where I felt like crap all the time. After a series of doctors visits, my doc finally looked at me and said, I give up, I don't know what is wrong with you... lets look at your diet. Bingo! He had me stop dairy... wheat... gluten.... etc and none of my symptoms stopped. Then came the aspartame drinks... and I felt worse for 3 days in the beginning as I went through detox and then it was as if heavns gates opened and angels began to sing. My blurred vision stopped, dizziness when standing, headaches, muscle aches... all of it stopped. Doc said some people are sensitive to the stuff... and just shouldn't have it. It was literally poisoning my body. It does take a few days of real discipline to stop drinking it... bujt once you are off of it you feel SO much better. I replaced it with water and splenda sweetened drinks... and haven't had any problems since. Maybe try some of the water flavors in little squirt bottles, many are made with splenda or stevia. Also, fruit20, diet rite, and many bottled preflavored waters do not contain aspartame.
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    Bingo! He had me stop dairy... wheat... gluten.... etc and none of my symptoms stopped. Then came the aspartame drinks...

I'm glad you feel better and all, but if my doc pulled this on me I'd beat him like he stole somethin.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Some people have problems with aspartame.. it is the artificial sweetener that most often gives people issues healthwise. It may be perfectly safe (according to studies) to consume as far as not being a carcinogen, but that does not mean that it is good for our bodies. When it is overheated it breaks down into something similar to formaldehyde and methanol. I studied this stuff pretty intensely because, like you, I had a diet coke addiction... but got to where I felt like crap all the time. After a series of doctors visits, my doc finally looked at me and said, I give up, I don't know what is wrong with you... lets look at your diet. Bingo! He had me stop dairy... wheat... gluten.... etc and none of my symptoms stopped. Then came the aspartame drinks... and I felt worse for 3 days in the beginning as I went through detox and then it was as if heavns gates opened and angels began to sing. My blurred vision stopped, dizziness when standing, headaches, muscle aches... all of it stopped. Doc said some people are sensitive to the stuff... and just shouldn't have it. It was literally poisoning my body. It does take a few days of real discipline to stop drinking it... bujt once you are off of it you feel SO much better. I replaced it with water and splenda sweetened drinks... and haven't had any problems since. Maybe try some of the water flavors in little squirt bottles, many are made with splenda or stevia. Also, fruit20, diet rite, and many bottled preflavored waters do not contain aspartame.
    If you studied intense enough, you'd also know that formadehyde and methanol are broken down from eating citrus fruits. For some it's an issue, but for the general population, there's no real evidence that people are getting "poisoned" by it.
    Have yet to see a death certificate attributing death to aspartame.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SunnyDuckling
    SunnyDuckling Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    :noway: Wow! As interesting as all that was to read, I feel so sorry for OP whose post got hijacked! :laugh:

Listen, you said you'd been drinking over 1L a day? You had a break, then after you had some again, you felt poorly. In all honesty, I think you've figured it out. Drinking the diet pepsi/diet coke has given you a side effect. One you had probably built an immunity to before and never noticed.

I personally have never enjoyed diet soft drinks because I've always found the taste to be a little bit off, so I can't relate to the 'addiction' side of things. We were never big fizzy drink consumers in my house growing up either, so I don't know if it's a 'replacement of sugar' thing that I've heard in anecdotes before.

I can relate though to eating a lot of one food, cutting it out then when eating it again, feeling different. For me that's cheese and dairy products. There seems to be a certain level I can tolerate before it starts to affect my mood and I get disorganised thinking and panicky/anxious. So maybe there is a connection between the diet soft drink and your symptoms today (yesterday? hard to tell with time differences :wink: ).

In any case, I'd stay away from it for now, and keep notes on how you feel the next time you decide to indulge in some diet pepsi. If you feel unwell (provided they weren't a mixer with some alcohol!) then maybe you have a sensitivity to an ingredient in the soft drink and you would be better off staying away from it.

ETA: I wonder too if could be a psychological thing rather than physical? You know, for the sugar cravings? You cut out the soft drinks for a few weeks and finally indulged and now your brains kind of going "Ooh! You know what else would be good that we haven't have in a while? Sweets! Cake! High Calorie food! Come on now, you've been working so hard... treat yourself, you deserve it..." Lol, I dunno, my brain talks to me like that sometimes! :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    chemtrails.jpg

Chemtrails are actually a mind control drug developed by Dr Oz in his secret lab, and are made of Diet Sprite and Flouride
    BLOOD MOON tonight. In for vampires.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ColossusCain
    ColossusCain Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I believe that the human race has developed a form of collective schizophrenia in which we are not only the slaves to this imposed thought behavior, but we are also the police force of it.
    David Icke

Goodbye. Yes, go ahead and cheer. I win in the end.

I do not have enough bread crumbs to find my way home after all of this. I will say if Aspartame is a secret weapon in population control I really wish they would put it in more things at higher doses. I don;'t know if you've been to Walmart, Market Basket, or any county fair lately but we need all the help we can get !
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Yes, diet pepsi contains aspartame, something used to sweeten your drink instead of high calorie sugar. But aspartame is responsible for everything you're feeling and here is why:

* birth defects
    * brain cancers
    * diabetes
    *emotional disorders
    *Epilepsy

If what you're consuming has aspartame in it, don't consume it. It's a poison, like flouride. Unfortunately it can be masked with different words on the ingredient list. But the more processed a food is, the more of this stuff is in it, you can bet on that. Are people that unaware that we are being killed off or debilitated?

If you really think diabetes is caused by aspartame you really need to read up on diabetes.

Are They Linked to Diabetes?
    As the sweet receptors in your esophagus and stomach are “tricked” by the zero-calorie substitutes, your pancreas is tricked into sending a false spike of insulin that can lead to insulin resistance. This can lead to diabetes. Also, since artificial sweeteners cause your body to crave more food, you can also put on weight, which further increases your risk for diabetes.

In addition to diabetes, artificial sweeteners may be contributing to a nationwide epidemic of metabolic syndrome, which includes diabetes-inducing insulin resistance, high blood pressure, and too much fat around the waistline.

It's not nice to plagiarize. If you took this information from someone else, you should credit the source. Just sayin'...

So forget what all that said, and let's focus on the fact I didn't source it. Nice distraction there, I got it from Dr.Oz's site. I finally gave you your TEXT evidence that you needed something to put me down on, well there you go.

OH. Dr. Oz's site!!!!
    le6xfjh
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    You all know that the zombie apocalyse is going to happen right? Except diet soda will be what burns them.

IDEA Fitness member

I better stock up on my diet soda for the zombies...Damn, means I'll have to stop drinking the stuff!
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I realised that I am addicted to diet coke/pepsi and some days I would drink over a 1 litre a day! I gave it up a week ago but my cravings got the better of me last night and I had two cans of diet pepsi. Today however I feel rubbish. I am so fatigued, head feels cloudy and I am craving high sugar foods just for some energy! Now this is kind of normal as I suffer from depression and have low energy as a symptom but it has been ok for a week.
    Could the diet pepsi be causing how I feel today and why? My friend said it was aspartame as it is like poison but I have researched it and it has been proven safe to consume. And if it was aspartame then that is in other foods I consume so maybe it isn't the diet coke that is causing how I feel today!! Any info? Advice? I will be stopping diet coke again just in case it is that.

So after a week of not drinking diet coke you had some and felt like rubbish? You also state you have not had low energy for a week even though low energy is normal for you. Clearly your body is telling you that this stuff is not good for you. Whether it is the aspartame or caffeine or whatever - listen to your body. If you have a sweet craving have a piece of fruit or a tiny bit of honey in chamomile or herb tea instead.

Keep it natural you will honestly feel so much better.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

* birth defects
    * brain cancers
    * diabetes
    *emotional disorders
    *Epilepsy

If you really think diabetes is caused by aspartame you really need to read up on diabetes.

Are They Linked to Diabetes?
    As the sweet receptors in your esophagus and stomach are “tricked” by the zero-calorie substitutes, your pancreas is tricked into sending a false spike of insulin that can lead to insulin resistance. This can lead to diabetes. Also, since artificial sweeteners cause your body to crave more food, you can also put on weight, which further increases your risk for diabetes.

In addition to diabetes, artificial sweeteners may be contributing to a nationwide epidemic of metabolic syndrome, which includes diabetes-inducing insulin resistance, high blood pressure, and too much fat around the waistline.

It's not nice to plagiarize. If you took this information from someone else, you should credit the source. Just sayin'...

So forget what all that said, and let's focus on the fact I didn't source it. Nice distraction there, I got it from Dr.Oz's site. I finally gave you your TEXT evidence that you needed something to put me down on, well there you go.

OH. Dr. Oz's site!!!!
    le6xfjh
    i-weep-for-humanity.jpg?w=440&h=258
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Drinking too much pop makes me feel terrible. (and I would say 1 litre a day is too much!)

I don't know if it's the sugar, caffeine, the artificial colours or just all that fizz but whatever it is, it isn't good.

Artificial sweeteners give me the worst migraine.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    That stuff is full of **** .. why do you think that the big companies spend billions of dollars telling us we need to drink it. Cause they know that stuff is bad .. but they just want to make a buck, or a few billion.

So .. I stopped pop cold turkey last August and have never felt better. I used to drink Diet Pepsi like crazy .. and now, no thanks.
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options

I am in the same boat. I am allergic to formaldehyde (skin patch test). I went cold turkey quitting aspartame about 7 years ago, not really knowing if it was going to stop any of the random things that were wrong with me. I noticed within a couple days that my random dizzy spells went away completely and never returned. I used to get them at least 10 times a day for just a few seconds - dizzy enough to grab a chair or wall or something. I also had a strange low back pain near my sacrum/tailbone area that I have been able to link to aspartame after spending thousands of dollars on chiropractor visits and massages that did nothing to help.

I don't know if my formaldehyde allergy caused my aspartame-related problems, or if my excess consumption of aspartame-containing drinks years ago caused the allergy, but it's there. I'm sure aspartame in moderation is perfectly fine for most people, but for those people who suspect they are not tolerating it well, it's disingenuous to fill their head with "no, it's fine, science says so" and sway them away from seeing if they are one of the few of us who do not tolerate it.

Every body is different and it's up to us to figure out what makes us feel the best. The OP has a valid concern about his/her aspartame exposure, and to that, I suggest you try taking a month off of it. If you are also addicted to caffeine, you can replace the soda with iced tea, or wean yourself off the caffeine gradually over the course of 4-6 weeks to reduce withdrawal symptoms. You might find (like I did) that you really like plain old water. :)

After 30 days without aspartame, you can re-introduce it and see how you feel. Then, you can make the decision whether or not it is OK for you.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I believe that the human race has developed a form of collective schizophrenia in which we are not only the slaves to this imposed thought behavior, but we are also the police force of it.
    David Icke

Goodbye. Yes, go ahead and cheer. I win in the end.
    h4CE48897

Hadn't seen a good flouncing on the forum in days. Thanks.