Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How to calculate calorie goals according to NROLFW

1141516171820»

Replies

• fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    I bought the book last year and barely got started before I got sick with the bad flu and then never got restarted. I think now is a good time to do this. Going to go in and figure out my calorie range. Anyone wanting friends to support - feel free to friend request me! I have about 25 - maybe 30 lbs to lose. But am more interested in toning up and just looking nice and fit.

Toning isn't real, it's just having muscle with a lower level of body fat. But lifting consistently will get you there!
  • lf4179
    lf4179 Posts: 37 Member
    bump for later
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Thanks for this post! I really need to get that book. I am a little over 5'7", been fluctuating between 131-133 so I appreciated you doing the math for me. ;) I recently started lifting and have been debating whether to keep trying to lose or to do a recomp; I would love to get stronger and decrease body fat a little bit but without getting overly skinny in the parts where I don't carry weight. I like the sound of these calorie goals better than the 1340/day I've been doing :) (Or the 1200 MFP suggested initially ...).

Lol! Yeah we're pretty similar! And eek 1340?!?! that's so little!! Thank goodness you're eating more now!
  • time4kim2014
    time4kim2014 Posts: 85 Member
    Bump
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    bump
  • hswaner
    hswaner Posts: 2 Member
    bump...thanks for the info
  • s50s
    s50s Posts: 138 Member
    bump