rudest thing anyone has ever said about your weight?

Options

Replies

• krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I walked in on my 12 yr old son talking about me and his stepmom when he was 4 and he told his friend I have two moms, one really skinny and one not skinny... :blushing: :blushing:

Kids are brutally honest, sadly. I have 3 Aunt Debbi's (yes 3, all married to my various uncles). When I was really little there were just two. Don't ask me why, but I ended up calling them "Big Debbi" and "Little Debbi". Admittedly one was obese (idk her actual weight) and the other perhaps 120 and looked like one of the women in 80s workout vids. For some reason my family found it funny and the names stuck. I often wonder what "Big Debbi" really thought though....

I also used New Debbi and Old Debbi since one joined the family prior to my birth and the other joined when I was about 2-3. So at least she got the good one of these as "New".
  • jenny181111
    jenny181111 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well, it wasn't said, but it was done...

When I was about 16 (many years ago), I was walking near my home with a friend, a taller friend, but we were the same size. I was egged by a boy on a bike because I was fat.

I was so horrified, I didn't leave the house for a while :(
  • mandy5135
    mandy5135 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My dad told me that I was fat and needed to lose weight in 3rd grade. :(

That is absolutely horrible. Sets you up for an eating disorder for life. I was in 3rd grade when I got sick and was in the hospital for awhile. I was a very skinny child and gained a lot of weight in the hospital. When I went back to school all the kids were like man you really got fat
  • PinkPanther318
    PinkPanther318 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi,

The rudest thing anyone has ever said to me is when am I due? or how many weeks along am I? unbelievable just because I am not a size 2 automatically means I'm pregnant? Plus when I was married my in-laws would constantly tell me to eat more, they would always try and put more food on my plate. Or when we would go out if I didn't finish all my food they would say " OH its so good for you to not eat all the food off my plate" Like they have any kind of say in the matter of my weight! HA! Thank god I divorced now I don't have to deal with that crap anymore. What a relief!
  • pizzamuffan
    Options
    Along with some others here, I've been asked when I'm due. :embarassed:

When I was like 4 or 5 my grandfather (who is all around a horrible person, not even gonna get into the gritty details of that) told me my mom should put me in a cage so I couldn't eat anymore. Also had my siblings telling me I was fat constantly when I was very young.

Also, once in middle school I was having an out with a girl and she called me santa clause. Which was actually odd, because she wasn't much smaller than I was.
  • KatyAverill
    KatyAverill Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    The worst that I've gotten recently is "When are you due, or did you just have a baby?" ...while I was at the gym.

Once when I was not even fat (15 years old, 140 lbs, 5'8") babysitting a little girl she came up behind me, smacked my *kitten* and said "You have a fat bum!". I was shocked.

At around the same age my best friends mother said that I have "Big wide child-bearing hips".
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Well, it wasn't said, but it was done...

When I was about 16 (many years ago), I was walking near my home with a friend, a taller friend, but we were the same size. I was egged by a boy on a bike because I was fat.

I was so horrified, I didn't leave the house for a while :(

That sucks! I (sort of) know the feeling.

I once had one of those big gulps hit me in the back from a moving car while I was biking with my mother. We had literally done about 30 miles, and were less than a mile from home. I felt terrible about myself for months after that and backed out of most bike riding b/c it literally depressed me.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I've had a *kitten* in the street shout 'you're fat' at me. Mostly it's little things.
    I had some guy let me have his seat, it wasn't until later I realised it was the priority seat for the pregnant and disabled.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    And while I'm at it, there was the time I was at a little "banana split party" at a friend's house. She brought us all our splits from the kitchen and mine was last. They all looked yummy! Only problem was - mine arrived covered in ketchup, much to the great amusement of everyone there. It was because I was fat, you see, so she didnt think I should have one. And I guess she thought I deserved to be humiliated as well.

I hope that banana split ended up in that brat's face!
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My now husband meant it as a joke at the time, but it still hurt my feelings and self-image. "You could stand to lose a few pounds." He didn't understand how hard I was trying to lose weight at the time because of a medication that made me gain 45 pounds. It was hurtful and I've never let him forget it but I forgave him. I knew that where he is people aren't as excessively overweight as Americans are so a cultural thing is big.
  • vatances
    vatances Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My mother likes to say she will give me her old pants that don't fit her anymore...even though we practically weigh the same
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    AmelieMustLoseWeight Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    http://symphonyofawesomeness.tumblr.com/post/45831433002

after reading everyone's experiences I feel like this comic is so relevant. Regardless of weight so many people are insecure about there bodies. Even people that we often envy are insecure.
  • arcana7609
    arcana7609 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Once when I was younger, maybe 13 or so, I was going for a walk on the beach and someone drove by and yelled out "Keep walking, fat *kitten*!"

I have a theory that this same car of guys just travels the countryside yelling this. So we've all been yelled at by the same cursed individuals. They have no other purpose in life, but to yell horrible things at people out their windows. It's their curse. I am hoping Supernatural does an episode where Sam and Dean have to put them to rest for good.

The best part is when you can't understand them so it's just a loud "WERVEQGBWRRFG FG" as they drive by. It makes me chuckle.
  • arcana7609
    arcana7609 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    http://symphonyofawesomeness.tumblr.com/post/45831433002

after reading everyone's experiences I feel like this comic is so relevant. Regardless of weight so many people are insecure about there bodies. Even people that we often envy are insecure.

This is very true. When someone comments about me being fat I used to tell them their nose was ugly....no one likes their nose. Of course now I just ignore them because it's just not important enough to me to hurt someone's feelings just because they're attempting to shame me.
  • amandaldtall
    amandaldtall Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The rudest things said about my weight generally come from my mother. I've struggled to have a healthy attitude to food for a while. The other day she walked in my house and the first thing she said was "DIET" really loudly while pointing at my belly and scowling at me like I'd just kicked her in the face. I'm going on holiday in 4 weeks and now I'm really paranoid about wearing a swimming costume in public. Which logically is ridiculous, I'm a UK size 10 and 5'9". I've put on like 3lbs the past few weeks, but nothing that should be making me feel guilty for daring to eat my breakfast.

I really think that half the time, the problem isn't how our bodies look but other people feeling the need to force their warped perceptions on to us. I'd just really like to find a nice balance of enjoying food and being active that makes me happy without other people opening their mouths cos I don't tick their personal boxes.

End of grumble!
  • iluvmpiche
    Options
    "Is she anorexic?" And "Holocaust victim". But the worst came from my doctor who, when commenting on my fat ratio said, "You're pretty fat for a skinny girl." It's true, I have/had terrible junk-food eating habits and never exercise, but it still hurt.

Got that a lot. Crohn's sufferer, and it took a long time to diagnose. Always had a hard time with my weight. Was too scared to wear shorts. Now that I'm being treated I'm finally keeping good weight (and nutrients), but I have to lower my fat and raise my muscle mass. So I get dirty looks from the ladies where I work when I participate in the weight-off competition.

Thin doesn't always mean healthy.
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I think I've been very lucky. or I look really mean, because most of my life no one has said anything in ear shot of me. The one time someone did i was walking through a park and some Hispanic men started catcalling me in Spanish. I was getting ready to give them what-for when a guy walked by and said in Spanish, "no, no shes way too fat for you to be doing that". I guess he assumed I didn't speak any Spanish. So I said, in Spanish, the equivalent of "He's right, his Penis is way too small to fit into me". Then they all started laughing at him and he hurried off. I was so angry at what he said I forgot to yell at the men catcalling me. hahaha!

Best. Response. EVER. :love:
  • vampirette
    Options
    I've had a lot of comments but more recently, I had a pretty horrible encounter over New Year. I was out at an event with friends and struck up a conversation with a guy that seemed nice. Later on he wanted to take me home but I declined because I wasn't interested and he looked me up and down and said "But... for what you are..." clearly implying that because I am overweight I should have been overjoyed to have anyone interested in me at all. He was obviously only talking to me because I was "easy prey". I felt so horrible I just gave him a death stare and left. Totally ruined my night.
  • asha8907
    asha8907 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've had a few. More recently I was walking into work and a woman (on the highway driving by) leaned out the car window and yell profanities at me about me being big. Needless to say that bothered me for the rest of my day.
    Another was when I was in roughly 5th grade. My grandfathers wife looked at me and said "If you spent a summer with us you'd loose some weight."
    I'm learning quickly to just let it go. People are going to poke and jab about anything different about you. Whether it be your big, small, hairy, look or talk different, its always going to be something.