Husband Is Mad I Am Fat

Options

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude, and I know sometimes you just have to vent, but why not talk to him about it instead of posting about it on here? Ask for his assistance and support rather than judgment?
    Of course some men just don't listen no matter what you say... :indifferent:

I think it's best to calm down before approaching an emotional subject.

She's raging. I would pine on it, figure out ways to say what I'm feeling, and interpret what he said.

Of course if a man is marrying a trophy wife, he is going to be profoundly unhappy when time sets in.

My father with through the same thing.

My mom had giant attractive features and long blonde hair.

Right after marriage she gain over 100 lb, and started sporting a short brown hairdo along with not working and being a constant emotional lazy wreck.

And he was very unhappy, but due to his religion, stuck with her.

So his bad for marrying a trophy and thinking it'd last forever.

It's OP's choice if she wants to look like that again or not.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Folks, FYI, there is such thing as abusive spouses. I don't know this guy, so I can't say. But no man, woman, or child deserves to be put down, called names, or made to feel like they are less of a person simply because they are carrying some extra weight.

That being said, If she wants to lose weight, she should do it for HER, not for HIM.

I was raised by an abusive mother. What he said is him speaking his mind and feelings to his wife.

This is not abuse.
  • ladyluna85
    Options
    Tell him to bring more money to your house so you don't need to work two jobs, to get you a maid so she can help you with stuff at home and with ur kids, and to hire a personal trainer for you. Most men like a beautiful fit wife but they do nothing to help and that is not fair. If you were a woman who do not work and stay home all day long doing "nothing" I would understand him. He has the right to say how he feels but he also needs to help his wife to get to where he wants her to be, not being rude.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Folks, FYI, there is such thing as abusive spouses. I don't know this guy, so I can't say. But no man, woman, or child deserves to be put down, called names, or made to feel like they are less of a person simply because they are carrying some extra weight.

That being said, If she wants to lose weight, she should do it for HER, not for HIM.

I was raised by an abusive mother. What he said is him speaking his mind and feelings to his wife.

This is not abuse.

I'm not sure anyone could really determine whether the comments were abusive or not from the OP.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    Thanks for the empathy. Wow.

I knew it. You are looking for people to feel sorry for you. You got what you wanted so you can continue on with your excuses in your mind and to your husband all the while making him out to be the bad guy.

Well played. Bravo for you.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    What a prick, talk with him divide the chores, ask him to do the chores see how long it takes him, find time for yourself even if it's just to make you feel better. When you look smoking hot if he still insults you leave the ignorant ****er. Good luck dealing with this, I have a very lazy partner too, I feel your pain.

Meanwhile, OP can whine and complain to internet strangers at midnight but can't be bothered to exercise, meal plan/prepare, etc at this time instead?

Sounds like she's projecting her fail onto him.

Who's really "lazy" here?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

This is not abuse.

I'm not sure anyone could really determine whether the comments were abusive or not from the OP.

Speaking your mind and venting your feelings is not abuse.

She never stated that he called her names or threatened to hit her if she didn't lose weight.

From her original post I never got a feeling of any abuse and since I lived a whole child hood of abuse, I can usually spot it a mile away.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    What a prick, talk with him divide the chores, ask him to do the chores see how long it takes him, find time for yourself even if it's just to make you feel better. When you look smoking hot if he still insults you leave the ignorant ****er. Good luck dealing with this, I have a very lazy partner too, I feel your pain.

Meanwhile, OP can whine and complain to internet strangers at midnight but can't be bothered to exercise, meal plan/prepare, etc at this time instead?

Sounds like she's projecting her fail onto him.

Who's really "lazy" here?

High 5!!!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

I knew it. You are looking for people to feel sorry for you. You got what you wanted so you can continue on with your excuses in your mind and to your husband all the while making him out to be the bad guy.

Well played. Bravo for you.

When the husband bails, she can start blaming the kids and their devilish fruit snacks I suppose.
  • Tiabean86
    Tiabean86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If this is the full story and an honest portrayal then I think it may be time to considered counseling and if he refuses figure out how to leave him. No one needs to be talked to like that. Sad part is that him speaking to you in such a way will only make you depress and more likely to over eat. If you can't get his compassion to come out then you have to love yourself enough to know you deserve better.
  • mzco14
    mzco14 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Maybe he should hire you a nanny and get himself another job making more money since he's never home and then you will have time to workout and take a spa day a week to yourself. Don't change for him but for yourself and then get a new husband that will appreciate all you do.
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Nothing to see here folks.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    So sad to read how many people think you should dump your husband and get a divorce because of him acting like a jerk. There is no need to throw him away over something so simple.

Just lose weight. Men are visual as we all know, and he fell in love with a super-model thin woman. There is no reason you can't try to maintain close to that. It truly isn't fair to men. It sounds superficial to woman, but it is important to men. I'm not saying you need to look exactly like you did, but you owe it to your marriage to look as good as you can. If you aren't putting a good effort into the way you look, the romance is going to (and seems to have already) fizzle.

I know you say you don't have time, but that is just an excuse. You may not have time to go to the gym, but you certainly have time to watch what you eat, you just don't want to.

Okay okay, you can feel rebellious if you want, go ahead, the choice is yours. You are then headed to divorce.

Or, you can simply eat less calories, get healthier, feel better, be a good role model of health for your kids, and reignite the spark between you and your husband. It's as simple as controlling your calories.

It's a breath of fresh air to see that there are women that can look at things without so much emotion and respond rationally.

Everyone else has him tied to the stake and burning in hell.

Geeeez.

Her being rebellious is going to land her in divorce court or have a cheating husband on her hands................in which she will say it was all his fault also.

SMH. Relationship failures are never 1 persons fault, it is both. She is just in denial and doesn't want to see her part in this.

I love your responses PaleoPath4Life. I'm glad we are friends. We are some of the few people on this site that have common sense.

Marriage is a sacred oath. You don't just break up of piddly BS. You work it out, compromise.

And yes, sometimes get pissed and rant on MFP.

But I think in the end, OP is going to do the right thing and whip herself into shape.

No harm at all will come from it, and not only will she gain health, confidence, and sexiness, she'll re-establish some important elements and balance in her marriage.

It's a win-win.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

Empathy is not going to solve your problem OP.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Jaw dropping at the number of women agreeing with the person who posted that the OP shouldn't 'rebel' but just lose weight as not doing so wasn't 'fair' to her husband because "men are visual creatures"... Um, no. There's that little line in marriage vows about 'for better, for worse' - that doesn't come with the disclaimer "unless you get, like, fat, or cut your hair, or something changes about your appearance that I don't like".

If the OP believes that her weight is impacting on their life together, then it's her decision whether or not to do something about it, and to what degree that is important to fixing their marriage. She's the only person who can make that call, and it will only work if she believes it will help and is sufficiently important to her. From what has been written, it sounds like there are many other issues to consider as well here - things that are probably more fundamentally important than her weight, like lack of communication, lack of mutual respect, lack of appreciation.

We, as outsiders, can't know exactly what's going on in this relationship, but to put the blame/responsibility for its' dysfunction so solidly on her shoulders because she doesn't look the way she did when they first married, or how he'd like her to look, is seriously, seriously messed up. This is not the 1890s - women are not expected to be merely decorative any more, and in case some of you ladies hadn't noticed, we women have a whole heck of a lot more to bring to any marriage/relationship than just looking good, however 'visual' men are.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Looks like it's time for a divorce.
  • edisonsbulb
    edisonsbulb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Lose the weight, then dump him. :wink:
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options

If the OP believes that her weight is impacting on their life together, then it's her decision whether or not to do something about it, and to what degree that is important to fixing their marriage. She's the only person who can make that call, and it will only work if she believes it will help and is sufficiently important to her.
    She is not the only one who can make this call. He is too. And it is more honest for him to say what he does not like, than just walk away. Same as she should confront him about the things she hates and demand solutions, instead of just walking away or giving up. There is no way one spouse gaining 200 lbs is not affecting a marriage, it is not a minor detail, regardless of the gender of the person. Same as him not contributing enough in the house, if this is true, is not a detail. This is not about a little belly or a new haircut.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    Jaw dropping at the number of women agreeing with the person who posted that the OP shouldn't 'rebel' but just lose weight as not doing so wasn't 'fair' to her husband because "men are visual creatures"... Um, no. There's that little line in marriage vows about 'for better, for worse' - that doesn't come with the disclaimer "unless you get, like, fat, or cut your hair, or something changes about your appearance that I don't like".

If the OP believes that her weight is impacting on their life together, then it's her decision whether or not to do something about it, and to what degree that is important to fixing their marriage. She's the only person who can make that call, and it will only work if she believes it will help and is sufficiently important to her. From what has been written, it sounds like there are many other issues to consider as well here - things that are probably more fundamentally important, like lack of communication, lack of mutual respect, lack of appreciation.

We, as outsiders, can't know exactly what's going on in this relationship, but to put the blame/responsibility for its' dysfunction so solidly on her shoulders because she doesn't look the way she did when they first married, or how he'd like her to look, is seriously, seriously messed up. This is not the 1890s - women are not expected to be merely decorative any more, and in case some of you ladies hadn't noticed, we women have a whole heck of a lot more to bring to any marriage/relationship than just looking good, however 'visual' men are. Nor do most adult men need to be babied, as some of you seem to believe.

So this is why women really smile at weddings?

I'd smile too if I had carte blanche to get fat and my future wife couldn't object to it. What a sweet deal!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    #1. I would also like to know why you are working 2 jobs and he is working a job that requires him to be gone all the time. I would not be okay with my husband being gone unless it put us into a significantly better financial position than a local job would. I understand the "two income trap" but 3? Maybe sit down and look at the budget and see where you can cut things. Sure maybe, some things can't be changed (too big of a mortgage payment and can't sell) but maybe somethings can, refinance, cut your cell phone bill, reduce spending, etc. I would encourage him to look for a job that did NOT involve travel. A husband and father should help with the family duties.

#2. I'd suggest some marriage counseling. He doesn't sound like he treats you with respect and love (but again we are only hearing your side) and as I mentioned earlier he should be more of a partner than it sounds like he is. You've been together 15 years and have children. I would at least try to work on things before moving on.

#3. It appears that you have 187lbs to lose. This is not vanity weight. This is a serious health concern. The first step to losing weight is a calorie deficit. This is actually easy to accomplish when you are busy and trying to save money. You could theoretically lose every thing you need with calorie deficits alone, but of course it'd be better for your health to work in some fitness and activity. This can be as simple as going for walks with your kids, or taking the stairs at work. Also if you budge allows a gym with a daycare is a life saver when you have children.

#4. Yes, I do believe that married people do owe a bit to their spouse to maintain a certain level of attractiveness and health. It's just part of caring for the other person. No, I'm not going to let him pick out my clothing or hairstyle but I'm not going to "let myself go" either.