2 Reasons why Insanity is USELESS and DANGEROUS

Options
From the Desk of Vince Delmonte

Yes you did read correctly Insanity and all other Beachbody related products are dangerous and a waste of time and money .

1) People want to lose weight too quickly its impossible to lose that much weight in such a short period of time before your body goes into "rebound affect " and gains it all back . Successful weight loss is a long term effort not a stupid quick fix like Insanity. Obese people want to buy their health hoping for a quick return rather than putting in the work more in the longterm .

2) Its bad for your joints especially your knees !

Fat loss is a long term solutions you average americans want to shift 100 lbs of fat in 3 month it aint gunna happen its a commitment for life not 3 months

Vince Delmonte

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I would definitely not say its useless.. and its about the same as running long distances.. and if people follow the meal plans and calorie sets its not restrictive...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    In to learn how cardio is useless...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    In for judgmental attitudes and negativity...

You should do well here, OP.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Neither Insanity nor P90X claims for someone to lose 100 pounds in 3 months.

It also says to go at your own pace until you can fully do the whole workout.

This post is useless.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Wow, that was painful to read and the line "Obese people want to buy their health hoping for a quick return rather than putting in the work more in the longterm . " is offensive, especially given your audience here at MFP.

I would recommend sticking to the fruit and leaving the fitness and health advice to the experts.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Who is Vince Delmonte and why should I care what he says? Is he some fitness blogger!?
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    i smell troll....one of his pics are photoshopped badly and it says he is a she and he/she has one friend and started this month sometime
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I'm confused as to why your profile says you're a female.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Who is Vince Delmonte and why should I care what he says? Is he some fitness blogger!?

Apparently he's a 34 year old female :laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    From the desk of MCD.

animated_zumba.gif
  • gpanza
    gpanza Posts: 1
    Options
    Insanity, and it's negative values are better then being sedentary and not moving. Is it the best way? obviously up for debate but is it better than being a "couch potato"? Yes. If you need that video for you to get up and move then by all means get that dvd and get it in your dvd player and get moving.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    In for telling me ill gain it all back.
  • tiffanylindenmuth
    tiffanylindenmuth Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    No workout is USELESS! Insanity isn't for everyone. Not every workout program is for everyone. I personally have been doing p90x and I am a runner. Can I just say that p90x has helped my running! I can run longer and faster. Also, the whole joint B.S. is driving me crazy. There is so much crap out there about most workouts and running being bad for your joint. In this months issue of runner's world it has an article speciifically stating how that was scientifically proven to NOT be true. I am def more limber and able to do more since I have started p90x. And BTW my father is 61 and STILL runs. Last year he ran 8 miles on his 60th birthday. No one person is the same so this post is only a matter of opinion.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Oh great. Vince Delmonte has decided to clean the crap of his desk and leave it with us again.

QFT
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time taking advice from a "Guru" that doesnt know the difference between "effect" and "affect".

Also, Insanity has its place in a healthy living change, just like most workouts. Its not going to magically make you a supermodel, bt it can definitely help you lose a lot of fat by pure cardio alone.

FYI, at an extremely large BF%, losing 2-3lbs a week isnt bad.

As for being hard on joints: you've got to be kidding. You can use that argument for ANY sport or athletic cardio workout. Running, tennis, Basketball, football, ect.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Has a website... guess he's a fitness trainer. Gave the website a look....

Stopped reading after I saw the ads for his "supplements. :noway: "
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Popping the popcorn now....
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    In for judgmental attitudes and negativity...

In because the title had a couple CAPPED WORDS.