Jillian Michaels January Challenge!

Options
Kate_UK
Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
I started the 30 day shred mid November ad loved it. I was gutted when a light cold I'd been batteling dropped to my chest got much worse, just 5 days before the end of my 30 days and I couldn't complete it. But I loved Jillian's style of exercises so much I decided to order her 'No more trouble zones' and 'Banish fat boost metabolism' dvd's.

So for the month of January I intend to do one JM work out at least 5 to 6 times a week. You can do any of her workouts (not just the ones I've stated above) any day, just post which one you complete and your calories burned if you have a HRM. I didn't take measurements properly before doing the 30day shred and really wished I had, so this time I'll post my waist, tummy, hip, arm and thigh measurements before I start and at the end of the month. Feel free to do the same if you want to.

Anyone want to join me?

Replies

• healthymom2011
    Options
    I want to join! I have the 30-Day Shred DVD and want to start it, but never have. My workout will have to be done in the mornings, and I am not a morning person!! I have a 3 year old daughter that runs me ragged but I need to drop these extra pounds, 80 pounds to be honest! I want to be a fit, healthy mom for her. We go to the gym most days but it's becoming boring and I normally just go to get her out of the house and around a few other kids. Not really going for me anymore!

So I am in!!!
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Im in I have the 30day Shred and it collecting dust. I really need ato measure but i dont.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am currently about half way through the shred and was looking for another plan to start as soon as I'm finished. I came across this
    http://www.exercisetv.tv/workoutplans.aspx?id=1

its a rotation of the shred, banish fat boost metabolism and no more trouble zones that Jillian came up with called the 30 day slim down. You just have to download the plan

I'm definitely going to give it a shot after I conquer the shred! :smile:
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I'm in!! I have two Jillian DVDs (honestly don't remember the titles) waiting for me at the library, going to pick up today, hopefully can renew often enough to keep all month!! I also have the 30 day shred I did from mid november until before Christmas. I never did level 3 more than a couple times, so maybe I'll go back to that after the others. Thanks for the challenge!! I'll let you know how tomorrow morning's workout goes!!
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    I want to join! I have the 30-Day Shred DVD and want to start it, but never have. My workout will have to be done in the mornings, and I am not a morning person!! I have a 3 year old daughter that runs me ragged but I need to drop these extra pounds, 80 pounds to be honest! I want to be a fit, healthy mom for her. We go to the gym most days but it's becoming boring and I normally just go to get her out of the house and around a few other kids. Not really going for me anymore!

So I am in!!!

My 2.5 yr old daughter loves jumping around to the shred with me! Its fun Mommy and daughter time!
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    Hi, I am currently about half way through the shred and was looking for another plan to start as soon as I'm finished. I came across this

its a rotation of the shred, banish fat boost metabolism and no more trouble zones that Jillian came up with called the 30 day slim down. You just have to download the plan

Thanks for the link Dixie! As the shred is the only one I'm really familiar with I'm going to do the other 2 a few times first to get the hang of them and then maybe I'll try mixing them up as suggested on that site. It looks like a challenging program!

Shaunie - good to meet you, can't wait to start this challenge together.

CRLflowers - lovely to talk to you again, we had a great shred group going, lets keep the motivation going for January!
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options

Thanks for the link Dixie! As the shred is the only one I'm really familiar with I'm going to do the other 2 a few times first to get the hang of them and then maybe I'll try mixing them up as suggested on that site. It looks like a challenging program!

Shaunie - good to meet you, can't wait to start this challenge together.

CRLflowers - lovely to talk to you again, we had a great shred group going, lets keep the motivation going for January!

Oh yes, I hear that! I haven't tried the others yet either but a rotation like that is what I'm going to work toward. Maybe when we get closer to that time we can start a group to do the rotation! But for now, keep plugging!
  • eva78
    eva78 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'd love to join you guys. I've started the 30 day shred a few times but never finished. Hopefully this will be the motivation I need :) I'll start on January 2nd and take a 90 min spinning class 2 times a week so I'll probably only do the video 5 times a week.

Love the idea of posting measurements before and after. Will definetly do that.
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    Wow what fantastic response in such a short time! I can't wait to start!
  • healthymom2011
    Options
    My 2.5 yr old daughter loves jumping around to the shred with me! Its fun Mommy and daughter time!
    [/quote]

I hope to get my workout before she wakes up! I tried doing the workouts with her and she would get a few minutes into them and want to watch Dora! But now, I can send her to my bedroom to watch her show if she doesn't want to exercise with me! Thank goodness for a second TV!
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i love, love, love her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. i like the Shred but only when i do 2 levels back to back. i use her DVD's 6 days a week generally and am so much stronger. i am IN!! :bigsmile:
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Me!! I'm in!! For Christmas, I asked for one of JM's DVD's, and I got all three! BFBM, NMTZ and Shred It with Weights. I've done 30 Day Shred before and loved it. I'm ready for a new challenge to keep myself committed for the whole month. This will be great! :bigsmile:
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am in. I am in my 3rd of Shred. :)
  • jerseygirl777
    Options
    I just got 2 of her DVDs for christmas as well. Did workout 1 today... but I think I am going to have to do it as an addition to other exercises since I didn't feel "worn out" from it. Hoping in 30 days it goes well!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    ill be in too i have her cardio kickbox and one more dvd of hers
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Thanks Kate! Good morning everyone. Great to be here with you all. Yowza! Banish fat boost metabolism day one. Paused and walked in place to stop the double peeping of the HRM (over top bpm) but I did it, an hour at top of target heart range. very challenging! Modified, of course, for my fitness level, and still nursing that arm and did most of the plank circuit from standing.
  • kristi223
    kristi223 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in guys!! I'll be doing her 30 Day Slim Down plan. I've started it several times, but have never completed it. I just did Day 1 (AGAIN) yesterday. Hope everyone is doing well!! Good luck!!
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options

THANKS!! This looks interesting. Does anyone know what Quick Trouble Zones is? I have all three dvd's plus Cardio Kick Boxing, thinking about doing them 2-3 times a week?
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options

THANKS!! This looks interesting. Does anyone know what Quick Trouble Zones is? I have all three dvd's plus Cardio Kick Boxing, thinking about doing them 2-3 times a week?

Quick Trouble Zones is the No More Trouble Zones workout but without the floor work...skip moves that require you to get on the ground. :wink: