Day 1 of no bagel or cookies

Options

Replies

• ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    A true foodie will figure out how to get an actual NY Bagel. Last summer I had a pizza pie flown out to my from Chicago to see if it was worth all the rave. I was highly disappointed.

Perhaps you didn't order your pizza from the correct pizzeria...
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    replace with ice cream

or chocolate and bacon, possibly mixed together in some creative way.

Vanilla bean ice cream with chocolate-covered bacon. Yes.

this sounds awesome! must try it
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Ive been 3 mos without bagels or cookies or bread for that matter.. eating protien first curbs it for me. Good luck.

Seems like you might have been living a miserable past 3 months.
    I was unaware today was bagel day- I wasn't mentally prepared for this... but I can't be bothered steak beats out bagels any day of the week and I'm pretty excited about my dinner.
    20140416_093530_zpsa65244ee.jpg
    And not 1 bagel was seen in that picture.

sorry- that box- full of bagels. I can take a picture of that if you want- but I figured a picture of the spread was better- but I mean- you da boss- you tell me LOL
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    A true foodie will figure out how to get an actual NY Bagel. Last summer I had a pizza pie flown out to my from Chicago to see if it was worth all the rave. I was highly disappointed.

Thats because pizza tastes best in the restaurant, even when delivered a few blocks, i notice it is not as good as eating it right in the restaurant.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Ive been 3 mos without bagels or cookies or bread for that matter.. eating protien first curbs it for me. Good luck.

Seems like you might have been living a miserable past 3 months.
    I was unaware today was bagel day- I wasn't mentally prepared for this... but I can't be bothered steak beats out bagels any day of the week and I'm pretty excited about my dinner.
    20140416_093530_zpsa65244ee.jpg
    And not 1 bagel was seen in that picture.

sorry- that box- full of bagels. I can take a picture of that if you want- but I figured a picture of the spread was better- but I mean- you da boss- you tell me LOL

Sorry but that ship has sailed but it's important for us to learn from our mistakes.

Woke up late for work and could not prep any food at all. Sucks. Going to be an expensive day.
    $12 for this sad excuse of a breakfast. 10 egg white + 2 whole egg, ham and cheese omlette, plain roll, coffee
    20140416_112604_zps7bdbee85.jpg

better luck next time- we have bagels in here every 2 weeks or so- I'll have a picture for you again. or doughnuts- they like the doughnuts too LMAO.

I hate paying for omlette's - when I go down stairs to our cafe- it costs me 10 bucks for 4 eggs and veggies and bacon. I'm like are you effing kidding me. Makes me want to punch a baby- there is less than 5 dollars worth of ingredients in that. WTEVERLIVINGF.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Yea I feel the same way. A dozen eggs must cost them like $2. I understand needing to make money off of me but to charge me 5x the xost, now you are just robbing me

yup. and god help if you ask for extra eggs- I think they charge 2$ every extra egg they add in there.

I'm glad I'm cutting now- I'm a straight up IF-er when it comes to cutting_ i eat my breakfast in the afternoon- and I'm eating half the food I was- my food bill went way down- ahhhhamazing. LOL

except for the being hungry part- that kind of sucks LMAO
  • JMoore221979
    Options
    I work at a bagel shop....

I look at this stuff all. day. long. Every day. And bring a bunch of bagels home from work for my family. The struggle is real.

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

uh I am very hungry now lol
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    And here was I thinking that my day 3 of no caffeine diet was horrible. Wow! Your situation is far worse! Thanks for letting me feel better with your post.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm headed to the bakery...Can I get you any cookies, OP?
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Did well making it past the 1pm hour and the will power was strong. Then we finished up a job and I vaguely recall asking my partner at work "What are you going to eat". Now mind you, I have plenty of food with me. Then all of a sudden I find myself answering my own question I asked him "I could go for a slice". Didn't take much convincing him.

Standing over the pizza I couldn't decide which piece I wanted, when the pizza guy says "How about I give you 2 slices and only charge you for one?". WELL........If you insist. Under my breath I mumble, "Damn you, trying to sabotage my gainz"
    20140415_134654_zpsaee4895b.jpg

Toss the empty box in the garbage. The my partner turns to me and says, "Want a munchkin?" As you can see...

20140415_140452_zps78035fb4.jpg

But hey at least it wasn't a bagel and cookies

I see you still have the tattoo arm. You have done better than I thought you would have.
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    As a fat kid that grew up in Jersey, I fully endorse this thread.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options

I once had Rendezvous ribs flown from Memphis to Nashville on a Gulfstream and hand delivered by taxi. Bliss!!
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Lunch time and my partner wanted Dominican food. I wanted tacos but had no cash on me, just debit. I ended up getting Dominican since they took debit. Baked leg quarter (Thigh and drumstick), white rice, beans, tiny salad and a water. $8.

20140416_112604_zps7bdbee85.jpg

Your 'partner'? Are you a cop? If so, are you feeling the need to taze people more frequently w/o your bagels? Have your arrests gone sky-high?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm headed to the bakery...Can I get you any cookies, OP?
    Oh what an offer. Such a tease. I'm sure in KC they must have some great cookies. I would be content if you just take pictures so I can link the screen.

If I weren't stuck in the 20th century, I would have one of those fancy devices people use to communicate and take photos. Maybe I'll bring my camera to work with me next time. The bakery up the street here has my favorite: peanut butter cookie with chocolate icing. Yum!
This discussion has been closed.