Weight loss FEARS?

Options
Do you have any weight loss fears? Like example some women fear that they will lost their breast size during weight loss. (this used to be one of mine)

Replies

• Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    That I will have an excess amount of skin.
  • abetterbrandi
    Options

+1 And I am 100% sure I will.
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Excess skin
  • geck023
    geck023 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My first post, but wanted to share. My biggest fear is the loose skin issue. I've been overweight my whole life, so I know I will have this problem. I've been trying crazy daily habits to try to help with this. I'm terrified when I lose the weight I will want to put it back on because of this.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm scared that I'll reach my goal weight and still hate the way I look.
  • ashleyrose90
    ashleyrose90 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My fear is I'll never be happy with what I look like once I get down to my goal weight.
  • skinniestminniest
    Options
    Excess saggy skin (especially since I'm only 23) and that I will have to get rid of ALL of my clothes (obviously I know this is inevitable, but all I see is having to get rid of $$$ since I've spent so much money over the years on clothes).
  • DefiningMyHealth
    DefiningMyHealth Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I hear ya there! I fear this too and I am actually going through that right now. I do know that eventually I will need to get the post weight loss skin removal surgery done.
  • AntiSocialyte
    AntiSocialyte Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My big fear is decreased strength :(.
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options

+1 And I am 100% sure I will.

This, not sure I will. I was always 40 pounds over my goal weight but for the past 2 years I slowly gained 60 more pounds and not sure if I'll have lose skin, hopefully not!
  • DefiningMyHealth
    Options
    My first post, but wanted to share. My biggest fear is the loose skin issue. I've been overweight my whole life, so I know I will have this problem. I've been trying crazy daily habits to try to help with this. I'm terrified when I lose the weight I will want to put it back on because of this.
    Talk to your doctor about the skin removal after you start losing more weight. Not everyone will have this problem with their skin. I have always been heavy as well and I do have this problem with my skin now and I hate it but at the same time it is a rewarding feeling as odd as that may sound. I am waiting till I lose another 30 pounds and then am going to go talk to my doctor to see if my insurance will cover the skin removal surgery. There are some areas though that I can tone and not worry about the skin removal but areas such as my under arms, thighs and stomach will wind up getting the removal done.
    Good luck on your journey and do not let the fear of excess skin stop you.
  • meltedsno
    meltedsno Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My biggest fear is gaining it all back... been there, done that.... right now, I am "almost there" (meaning.... am nearing my goal.... not sure what that weight number is since I refuse to stand on a scale...but was a size 26 at my all time high...currently a size 6.... working towards a size 4)....and intend to never go back.... still, it is a fear...

and, fwiw.... I will take my loose skin any day over rolls of fat. it is what it is.... I feel better, I look better (even with the loose skin)....
  • Jaxxy_Fae
    Jaxxy_Fae Posts: 28
    Options
    I am worried about loose skin, like a lot of other people seem to be. I have been overweight since probably 2nd grade, so this is a huge fear for me. I've been trying suggestions here and on other sites to hopefully minimize the issue, but only time will tell on that one.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    That I'll never truly be happy with my body, even after I hit my goal weight and my heavy lifting starts showing results.
    That I'll gain it back once I'm at my goal.

...gah, this thread is going to be depressing.
  • DefiningMyHealth
    Options
    I'm scared that I'll reach my goal weight and still hate the way I look.
    I hear this one sometimes and all I can say is that you have to love who you are now before you will love yourself then. I don't know if that makes sense cause I am not sure it does for me lol. Anyhow, your body is your body and if you do not see good in it right now then you have to make a change to where you feel like you do see the good. If you still do not see the good later then it lies further then weight loss and you need to look deeper within yourself to find yourself.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I fear that my skin will not shrink and that gaining it back. I think those are common fears but I still have them.
  • DefiningMyHealth
    Options

...gah, this thread is going to be depressing.
    ... or helpful. :) Look at the positive side, when we face our fears we sometimes can get past them. Look them head on and beat fear in the face!
  • MadelineGraceG
    MadelineGraceG Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That I'll lose all the weight and still be ugly... Lol! I try to make light of it, but it's still a legitimate fear. That I'll never actually be happy with myself.
  • aribugg
    aribugg Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    that my cheeks will sink in >_> i wouldnt look right with cheek bones!
  • DefiningMyHealth
    Options
    My biggest fear is gaining it all back... been there, done that.... right now, I am "almost there" (meaning.... am nearing my goal.... not sure what that weight number is since I refuse to stand on a scale...but was a size 26 at my all time high...currently a size 6.... working towards a size 4)....and intend to never go back.... still, it is a fear...

and, fwiw.... I will take my loose skin any day over rolls of fat. it is what it is.... I feel better, I look better (even with the loose skin)....
    Way to go!!!!