Has your shoe size changed after your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• scottjoh
    scottjoh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time finding shoes that fit now. Growing up thin, I always wore 11.5 or 12. When I gained a lot of weight, I went up to a 13. Now that I've lost my feet are somewhere between 12 and 13 and very few shoe manufacturers make a 12.5 so I'm having to wear an older pair 12.5 I found that are about worn out.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Same length (sz 8-8.5) but I have very narrow feet (AA) at my best weight. I could wear 'normal' medium width shoes with only 1 insole when I was 30+ lbs heavier. Now I have to get rid of a few pairs and stuff the others with thicker or double insoles. I have over 80 pairs not including boots & sport-specific footwear. They have their own room with floor to ceiling storage shelves. My dad was a shoemaker in Italy - so I come by my collection genetically, lol. He's the only man I know with a shoe collection too.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    for me 85 lbs meant I lost a half a shoe Size and a Width.

I went from a 9.5EEEE to a 9EE ..

And I think the only reason I was at the 9.5 was for a little more width, not length.
  • veredit
    veredit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    After losing more than 57 lbs, my feet shrunk two sizes :laugh:
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I went from a 9, sometimes 9W to an 8.5. It's pretty weird.
  • ProfessorCurlz
    Options
    My first 30 pounds lost, I went from a size 12W in women to 10.5
  • redfiona99
    redfiona99 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The size length ways hasn't changed but I'm finding that I need to tie my laces a lot tighter.
  • dragonfly123321
    dragonfly123321 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yes my feet went from wide to normal & went down 1 & 1/2 sizes !!!
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I didn't think it was possible.. There's more motivation for me, just incase it works! ;)

This lol
  • stephenson2012
    stephenson2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I went down from 8 1/2 wide to 7 1/2 to 8 wide depending on the shoe. If I had bunion surgery, I might go to a normal width but I don't want any work on my feet.
  • xRay85Rayx
    xRay85Rayx Posts: 369
    Options
    Same size... I just dont need Wide or Wide Calf boots anymore. Mediums fit me great though!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Before I gained my weight I was a size 7. I totally forgot about that fact. I gained the weight... Size 8 most of my adult life. Lost the weight... Back to size 7!!!! I was THRILLED!!!! Called my mom to share. She was laughing at me because it's the little things that excite me!
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My shoe size kind of changed. I have always had narrow feet, so that normal width shoes are too wide, but narrow width shoes are too narrow. After losing some weight, my feet are now comfortably size 5.5 N. I love it.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • MrsV1983
    MrsV1983 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Was a 7.5-8 until I gained a lot of weight in 2006...then went up half a size with each pregnancy (2008 and 2012)...so I was 8.5-9 for a few years. Now that I've lost 65 lbs and I'm smaller than even at my pre-pregnancy weight, I'm back in 7.5-8.
  • salvyhead
    salvyhead Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My feet grew when I started working out. 1/2 to a whole size depending on the show. But they haven't shrunk with the weight loss.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Yes. I lost a full shoe size. And I've always had boney feet. My arch is even higher than it was before.
  • RobynUnfiltered
    RobynUnfiltered Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    OMG thought I was crazy thanks so much for posting this!!! Had to buy all new shoes my foot is much more narrow now. :laugh:
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My feet were small to start with. 6 to 6.5 depending on the brand/designer. However since I've been losing weight I haven't noticed a change in my feet, my hands are a different story though. A ring that used to be tight on me I now have to think about taking it to get resized because it's getting to be big on me.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Nope.