I can help

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    No one needs to whip out their experience or credentials but it sure would be helpful and well not hypocritical to do so when making fun of someone offering help based on little experience. Isn't that what everyone is making fun of? Just wondering what cool credentials are lurking behind the judgment is all. :-)

I don't think you understand the meaning of the words "hypocrisy" and "hypocritical".

At the very least, you've misused each of those words in this thread.

ETA:
    Please add the word "bully" to the list.

Seriously...words have meanings. These meanings are important for their proper use.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I think many folks here on myfitnesspal love GIFs and silly pictures. If you read around those, or most things posted my young males, you'll get some good ideas and encouragement!

tumblr_ma7h53KtjM1qz53j7.gif
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    Op serious question. I cut for the past year and chose to stop and build muscle because I don't want to see my ribs when I am lean. What muscle lays over the ribs and what should I do to grow enough muscle there so on my next cut the ribs are not showcased but muscle is?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I just said she wasn't an expert I also said she didn't claim to be. That's the only difference. People claim to be one when they are not. And I'll believe the certifications when I see them. You wouldn't go to an expert and not expect to see their certification posted on their wall in their office, that's the point. If someone is certified they should have to show it. It's helpful to ask as well, you won't believe how many diploma mill certs I have seen on this site.

She's offering to give advice on what she's learned in a couple of months. It's great that she's willing to help others, but if I offered people the advice I learned in my first few months it would be far from helpful or correct. There is far more to learn about fitness or nutrition than she could learn in a few months.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Op serious question. I cut for the past year and chose to stop and build muscle because I don't want to see my ribs when I am lean. What muscle lays over the ribs and what should I do to grow enough muscle there so on my next cut the ribs are not showcased but muscle is?

IN to see how long it takes OP to google the answer for the muscle in question.

ETA: just looked it up....SERRATUS POSTERIOR INFERIOR! I win!

Serratus_posterior_inferior_muscle_animation.gif

source http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/50/Serratus_posterior_inferior_muscle_animation.gif
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I just said she wasn't an expert I also said she didn't claim to be. That's the only difference. People claim to be one when they are not. And I'll believe the certifications when I see them. You wouldn't go to an expert and not expect to see their certification posted on their wall in their office, that's the point. If someone is certified they should have to show it. It's helpful to ask as well, you won't believe how many diploma mill certs I have seen on this site.

She's offering to give advice on what she's learned in a couple of months. It's great that she's willing to help others, but if I offered people the advice I learned in my first few months it would be far from helpful or correct. There is far more to learn about fitness or nutrition than she could learn in a few months.

You obviously weren't really digging into it as deeply as the OP.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I think many folks here on myfitnesspal love GIFs and silly pictures. If you read around those, or most things posted my young males, you'll get some good ideas and encouragement!

tumblr_ma7h53KtjM1qz53j7.gif

Oh how I love this gif...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    No one needs to whip out their experience or credentials but it sure would be helpful and well not hypocritical to do so when making fun of someone offering help based on little experience. Isn't that what everyone is making fun of? Just wondering what cool credentials are lurking behind the judgment is all. :-)

She's created multiple threads about this today, and anyone else find it funny she won't answer or give advice in the forum? Only wants PM...sounds like someone's trying to make some $...Just my thoughts...

1307232360516825.gif

This I can understand, but this info wasn't offered either until now. So why be a bully and rather just say what you just said. That is helpful to others. But it also seemed as if she is just trying to build her FL and what better way to do so than post on a fitness forum? We won't know until we ask, right?

actually it was mentioned on page 1...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OP - what kind of training program would you recommend for a beginner?

OP - I really need an answer on this....
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options

SERRATUS POSTERIOR INFERIOR! I win!

source http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/50/Serratus_posterior_inferior_muscle_animation.gif
    It's a race, 1...2....3 go!

No fair you edited! *kicks rocks*
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options

And I totally agree with you on all of this. It's not about her lack of experience but the fact that many of the posts following her were not helpful to her either but sarcastic. I think what would have been best for her to do is ask for others just starting out and in a similar situation (as not everyone here is starting, looking to lose etc) to friend her and share info that they have recently learned. But overall, it just seemed to me that she is just trying to reach out and help.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I just laughed so hard I almost snarfed my pasta...

If the OP was serious... um... well... this is a forum.... you know - FULL of people POSTING questions. People asking for help all over the place. In fact... I am about to pose a question on a new thread. If she wanted to help people, would she not just respond to questions already posted?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Willing to share what you've learned over the last two months, eh? This thread is gonna go well

RXE37Do.jpg

Well, the last one went so well: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1254858-i-can-help

Wait.

This is a reboot thread???
    Actually, this is the original, the other one was the reboot.

wait this is the reboot of the original for the reboot? Are we in a freaking MFP time paradox here....
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

since i learned how to edit during MY FIRST MONTHS on MFP. it's fair.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I get the best GIFs from this site! LOL! We should have a contest. Someone younger and more computer savvy needs to start it. My DH is probably tired of tech questions by now. (I learned how to post on FB today! LOL!)
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

If the OP was serious... um... well... this is a forum.... you know - FULL of people POSTING questions. People asking for help all over the place. In fact... I am about to pose a question on a new thread. If she wanted to help people, would she not just respond to questions already posted?

How is that going to get subscribers to her webcam?
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I get the best GIFs from this site! LOL! We should have a contest. Someone younger and more computer savvy needs to start it. My DH is probably tired of tech questions by now. (I learned how to post on FB today! LOL!)

Go to chit-chat, fun and games it's filled with gifs. Pretty sure there is an entire thread on that alone.
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options

Ok follow up question for the win.

Is there a muscle that wraps around the side of the rib cage? That's where the ribs are most prominent.

And.......

GO!!
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options

How is that going to get subscribers to her webcam?

Touche
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Ok follow up question for the win.

Is there a muscle that wraps around the side of the rib cage? That's where the ribs are most prominent.

And.......

GO!!

I'll let OP answer thisone. In the interest of fairness.
This discussion has been closed.