Why did I gain a pound back if I didn't even eat!

Options

Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    this sounds like very disordered thinking/behavior.

please seek professional help
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Okay, don't go badgering me too, but I have also been taking phen. HOWEVER, I am also EATING and WORKING OUT at least 5 times a week. I have not lost as much weight as OP but that's probably because I'm not starving myself. I think if used correctly (as an appetite suppressant like it is perscribed), it can be a great TOOL, but it is definitely NOT a "quick fix". It has helped me keep from over eating and feeling the urge to snack all the time, and my weight has fluctuated while taking it. Sorry to say this but OP, you've got this all wrong. Taking phen is NOT the problem, but the lack of eating and other issues, such as your approach to weight loss, most definitely IS. Please talk to your doc.

What happens when you stop taking it and don't know how to curb your appetite because you didn't learn how to?

Learning your bodies cues, what to eat, how much that leaves you satiated to maintain your deficit, your maintenance, your bulk. These are all important things that drugs like this strip you of being able to learn how to control naturally.
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    Op, you need help srs
  • belanna5
    belanna5 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    OP posted this same thing three times in different forums with different titles.

And again, OP needs a doctor. Maybe not just for the lack of bowels movement.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be blunt.

Time to get some professional help, either for the disordered eating or for whatever's motivating you to post this topic all over the place. One or both needs help beyond what you can get here.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is kimberly, I started Phentermine

hBDC82F05
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be blunt.

Time to get some professional help, either for the disordered eating or for whatever's motivating you to post this topic all over the place. One or both needs help beyond what you can get here.

^^^^ this

what's the issue... didn't like the answer you got in one thread so started another, didn't like the answers in that thread so started yet another.........?

OP: posting more threads won't change the reality of what you're doing. Eating so little and taking appetite suppressants is not healthy. It's also not necessary for fat loss.
  • BadKittie05
    BadKittie05 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Okay, don't go badgering me too, but I have also been taking phen. HOWEVER, I am also EATING and WORKING OUT at least 5 times a week. I have not lost as much weight as OP but that's probably because I'm not starving myself. I think if used correctly (as an appetite suppressant like it is perscribed), it can be a great TOOL, but it is definitely NOT a "quick fix". It has helped me keep from over eating and feeling the urge to snack all the time, and my weight has fluctuated while taking it. Sorry to say this but OP, you've got this all wrong. Taking phen is NOT the problem, but the lack of eating and other issues, such as your approach to weight loss, most definitely IS. Please talk to your doc.

What happens when you stop taking it and don't know how to curb your appetite because you didn't learn how to?

Learning your bodies cues, what to eat, how much that leaves you satiated to maintain your deficit, your maintenance, your bulk. These are all important things that drugs like this strip you of being able to learn how to control naturally.

Guess we will see. There was a point in life when I didn't rely on food to make me feel better and at the moment it does. Just because people don't do it the way that you do, even if they're not ABUSING something, doesn't make them wrong. Like I said, I'm doing the other things along with it, and I'm not being stupid about how I'm taking it. I know a number of people who have taken it and have had great success in keeping the weight off. NOT EVERYONE GAINS THE WEIGHT BACK. Please keep that in mind before you start saying that I won't "learn".

I was just trying to remind OP that it is possible to take the medication and still eat. The approach being taken by them is NOT going to succeed.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    She probably forgot she posted the others because her brain is starving to death.

Yeah, pretty much this. This is unhealthy on so many level.s
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Lets see, on meds that suppress the appetite so totally that you eat once a day, and that meal is broth... To top it off, you haven't pooped in two weeks. Sounds totally legit. Not a thing wrong with you at all. Obviously posting on the forums to seek attention rather than actual medical advice is an excellent idea. I like the way you think.
  • SugaryLynx
    Options

Guess we will see. There was a point in life when I didn't rely on food to make me feel better and at the moment it does. Just because people don't do it the way that you do, even if they're not ABUSING something, doesn't make them wrong. Like I said, I'm doing the other things along with it, and I'm not being stupid about how I'm taking it. I know a number of people who have taken it and have had great success in keeping the weight off. NOT EVERYONE GAINS THE WEIGHT BACK. Please keep that in mind before you start saying that I won't "learn".

I was just trying to remind OP that it is possible to take the medication and still eat. The approach being taken by them is NOT going to succeed.

So, you're magically going to know how to eat proteins, fats and carbs perfectly to curb your appetite and sustain you, while also not keeping am emotional attachment to foods after having used a drug to suppress your appetite. Do you know what learning is? It's a process. That process takes time. Time you're wasting using a drug to reach a goal, rather than reaching that goal through normal means.

Btw, I held an emotional attachment to food to. Stress, depression, etc. Oh hell yes I was in the cabinets ravenously searching for food. I learned and found other outlets. So yes, I do think you won't learn from using a suppressant
  • BadKittie05
    BadKittie05 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

So, you're magically going to know how to eat proteins, fats and carbs perfectly to curb your appetite and sustain you, while also not keeping am emotional attachment to foods after having used a drug to suppress your appetite. Do you know what learning is? It's a process. That process takes time. Time you're wasting using a drug to reach a goal, rather than reaching that goal through normal means.

Btw, I held an emotional attachment to food to. Stress, depression, etc. Oh hell yes I was in the cabinets ravenously searching for food. I learned and found other outlets. So yes, I do think you won't learn from using a suppressant

Okay...say/think what you will. It is obvious that you don't know me or what I do and do not know.

BTW, I'm not as stupid as you think I am. :laugh:
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is kimberly, I started Phentermine on April 2, 2014. I've lost a total of 18.6 Lbs as of yesterday April 17, 2014. I got up this morning to weight myself and it said I gained 1.6 Lbs. I eat dinner everyday and drinks tons of water. Yesterday for dinner I had beef broth. I find it very hard to eat because I have no appetite. I only eat once a day because I have to. I haven't had a bowel movement in over two weeks but I did take laxatives to help me go, but it was just water. Any advice would be great. Thank you.

Get yourself to a doctor. No appetite, no bowel movements and only beef broth for two weeks is not normal or healthy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    It would probably help if you ate some real food instead of just broth. Water has weight so just eating broth (which is loaded with sodium) would cause enough water retention.
    But the reality is that you have an issue with food control and now are attacking it with an extreme approach. Doing it this way RARELY turns out well.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Not that I'm defending phentermine here at all but from my own past experiences with it*No, I don't take it anymore and haven't in a long time* but my doctor who did prescribe it to me, had me on a restrictive diet but it didn't consist of just broth or eating once a day either. I'd recommend doing it the old fashioned way, exercise and eat right.
  • kimberlywilliams36
    kimberlywilliams36 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow didn't think I was gone to come on here getting torn to shreds. I posted it several times because I wasn't sure how to delete them. It was my first time on here posting something. I do realize I have to eat. I was just asking for advice. I didn't post several topics because I didn't like what you had to say. Say what you want. It's your opinion!
  • mandasalem
    Options
    Wow didn't think I was gone to come on here getting torn to shreds. I posted it several times because I wasn't sure how to delete them. It was my first time on here posting something. I do realize I have to way. Wow!

Torn to shreds is what you need-- it's tough love. You can't expect people to be gentle with you when you're harming yourself. it might seem harsh, but pretty much every comment on here is something that needed to be said. There's no way in all of Dante's Inferno that what you're doing is safe, sound, sane or healthy. You're setting yourself up not just for weight loss failure-- frankly, that's BEST case scenario-- but for major, long-term health problems.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Wow didn't think I was gone to come on here getting torn to shreds. I posted it several times because I wasn't sure how to delete them. It was my first time on here posting something. I do realize I have to eat. I was just asking for advice. I didn't post several topics because I didn't like what you had to say. Say what you want. It's your opinion!

Seek professional help....
    vov607.jpg
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is kimberly, I started Phentermine on April 2, 2014. I've lost a total of 18.6 Lbs as of yesterday April 17, 2014. I got up this morning to weight myself and it said I gained 1.6 Lbs. I eat dinner everyday and drinks tons of water. Yesterday for dinner I had beef broth. I find it very hard to eat because I have no appetite. I only eat once a day because I have to. I haven't had a bowel movement in over two weeks but I did take laxatives to help me go, but it was just water. Any advice would be great. Thank you.

Lost 18 lbs in 15 days? How many calories per day are you eating? For dinner you had "broth"? Did this medication come with a diet plan? and are you following that diet plan? Honestly, I'd take all this info to whatever doctor prescribed this to you, since we cannot give you medical advice.

In general, though, you should probably eat. Weightloss is hardly ever linear.

tHIS!!
  • mandasalem
    Options

Seek professional help....
    vov607.jpg

Oh my God! Every time I talk about that sketch, no one knows what I'm talking about. Laughing just thinking about it.