Why did I gain a pound back if I didn't even eat!

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Wow didn't think I was gone to come on here getting torn to shreds. I posted it several times because I wasn't sure how to delete them. It was my first time on here posting something. I do realize I have to eat. I was just asking for advice. I didn't post several topics because I didn't like what you had to say. Say what you want. It's your opinion!

Well you sound like you're fully prepared to take the advice offered.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m7aa1ea7No1ruwi4no1_500.gif

You aren't being torn to shreds in here. This is actually pretty tame. You are getting blunt honest answers.

You need to see your doctor though. If you aren't having bowel movements this is something no one here can help with.

Though I do wonder, are you going to take the appetite suppressant for the rest of your life or just until you reach goal? If just until you reach goal, then what's your plan? To go back to eating how you were before? You'd gain it all back...You won't magically learn how to eat right when you reach goal either, especially since you aren't eating now. Beef broth is not food.

Stop the pills. Eat some food. Call your doctor.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Wow didn't think I was gone to come on here getting torn to shreds. I posted it several times because I wasn't sure how to delete them. It was my first time on here posting something. I do realize I have to eat. I was just asking for advice. I didn't post several topics because I didn't like what you had to say. Say what you want. It's your opinion!

Seek professional help....
    vov607.jpg

^This. You want advice? You need to listen to what's been given. EAT, FFS!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Okay, don't go badgering me too, but I have also been taking phen. HOWEVER, I am also EATING and WORKING OUT at least 5 times a week. I have not lost as much weight as OP but that's probably because I'm not starving myself. I think if used correctly (as an appetite suppressant like it is perscribed), it can be a great TOOL, but it is definitely NOT a "quick fix". It has helped me keep from over eating and feeling the urge to snack all the time, and my weight has fluctuated while taking it. Sorry to say this but OP, you've got this all wrong. Taking phen is NOT the problem, but the lack of eating and other issues, such as your approach to weight loss, most definitely IS. Please talk to your doc.

What happens when you stop taking it and don't know how to curb your appetite because you didn't learn how to?

Learning your bodies cues, what to eat, how much that leaves you satiated to maintain your deficit, your maintenance, your bulk. These are all important things that drugs like this strip you of being able to learn how to control naturally.

Guess we will see. There was a point in life when I didn't rely on food to make me feel better and at the moment it does. Just because people don't do it the way that you do, even if they're not ABUSING something, doesn't make them wrong. Like I said, I'm doing the other things along with it, and I'm not being stupid about how I'm taking it. I know a number of people who have taken it and have had great success in keeping the weight off. NOT EVERYONE GAINS THE WEIGHT BACK. Please keep that in mind before you start saying that I won't "learn".

I was just trying to remind OP that it is possible to take the medication and still eat. The approach being taken by them is NOT going to succeed.

So, you're magically going to know how to eat proteins, fats and carbs perfectly to curb your appetite and sustain you, while also not keeping am emotional attachment to foods after having used a drug to suppress your appetite. Do you know what learning is? It's a process. That process takes time. Time you're wasting using a drug to reach a goal, rather than reaching that goal through normal means.

Btw, I held an emotional attachment to food to. Stress, depression, etc. Oh hell yes I was in the cabinets ravenously searching for food. I learned and found other outlets. So yes, I do think you won't learn from using a suppressant

Okay...say/think what you will. It is obvious that you don't know me or what I do and do not know.

BTW, I'm not as stupid as you think I am. :laugh:
    Are you sure? You're the one who posted that you're taking phen on a public fitness forum and expected not to get badgered about it. So, maybe stupid's not the right word, but not firing on all cylinders, certainly.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options

Well let's try this then, to answer your original question.

(1) Honey, you have to eat food in order to poop.
    (2) Sweetheart, you didn't gain a pound of fat, you gained a pound of water, perhaps from the salt in the broth causing you to retain water
    (3) Dearest, if you were my mother or sister, I would put you in my car and drive you to go to the doctor who prescribed this medication, and sit while you explained to the doctor what you're doing while under their medical care
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    you are eating broth..1 meal a day..thats what your problem is:noway:
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Yikes.

Get off the meds and start eating....
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    this sounds like very disordered thinking/behavior.

please seek professional help

^^This is good advice.
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Omg.... This is sad. So sad. Why would you do this? Why?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Omg.... This is sad. So sad. Why would you do this? Why?

Just thought this gif would go with your comment. :)
    h6869A141
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    You aren't pooping, you don't actually eat anything and we're the ones "tearing you to shreds". Dude, if you were my IRL friend, I'd have smacked you upside the head for being an idiot by now. And I mean that from a place of love.

Seriously, this isn't healthy. You NEED to see a doctor and get some help. Please.
  • LindaFromNH
    LindaFromNH Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Your kidding us right? Don't you know when you skip meals and don't eat right (1200 calories minimum), you shut your system down... It goes into starvation mode AND you won't lose weight.. You can't be this naive!!! Eat right and you won't have bowel issues, and your body will thank you for it!
  • pammerz88
    pammerz88 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wow didn't think I was gone to come on here getting torn to shreds. I posted it several times because I wasn't sure how to delete them. It was my first time on here posting something. I do realize I have to way. Wow!

Torn to shreds is what you need-- it's tough love. You can't expect people to be gentle with you when you're harming yourself. it might seem harsh, but pretty much every comment on here is something that needed to be said. There's no way in all of Dante's Inferno that what you're doing is safe, sound, sane or healthy. You're setting yourself up not just for weight loss failure-- frankly, that's BEST case scenario-- but for major, long-term health problems.

Love this! Took the words out of my mouth.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Loss of 18 pounds in 15 days.

Sounds, great...... WRONG.....You are starving yourself. Get professional help, NOW.
  • mijobuel
    mijobuel Posts: 3
    Options
    Kimberly, I have been on every kind of diet imaginable and have even used diet pills in the past on more than one occasion. I also took phentermine and it worked really well at suppressing my appetite... for a while. I was very young and didnt have a clue about nutrition and would go 2-3 days without eating sometimes. But eventually the pills stop working and I did gain it all back and with even more that what I lost. I am telling you from experience, you do not want to mess with diet pills, appetite suppressants or any of that. Doing it wrong for so many years and back and forth of dieting and then overeating, it has really done a number on my health. I now know that the only healthy way to do it is to eat healthy and exercise. It takes a little longer but it will teach you how to eat and take care of yourself. It is harder at first but you just have to make your mind up to do it. They say it takes 30 days to develop a habit. So I take it 30 days at a time. I commit to 30 days of one or two new habits at a time. I am starting very obese so exercise was the hardest thing for me to start. But I committed to a "fit camp" that met only twice a week. Thats not a lot but for me it is doing SOOO much more that what I was and I can really tell a difference in how much better I feel. After 30 days of that I will add something to it like more days of exercise. I do the same with my eating. Change a few things at a time until you are in the habit of eating healthy and being more active. Do it the right way so its not just a temporary quick fix to look better, its a long term, feel better, healthier you.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Get some FIBER in your diet. If anything, consume a lot of vegetables which have lots of fiber and are low in calories.
  • BadKittie05
    BadKittie05 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Okay, don't go badgering me too, but I have also been taking phen. HOWEVER, I am also EATING and WORKING OUT at least 5 times a week. I have not lost as much weight as OP but that's probably because I'm not starving myself. I think if used correctly (as an appetite suppressant like it is perscribed), it can be a great TOOL, but it is definitely NOT a "quick fix". It has helped me keep from over eating and feeling the urge to snack all the time, and my weight has fluctuated while taking it. Sorry to say this but OP, you've got this all wrong. Taking phen is NOT the problem, but the lack of eating and other issues, such as your approach to weight loss, most definitely IS. Please talk to your doc.

What happens when you stop taking it and don't know how to curb your appetite because you didn't learn how to?

Learning your bodies cues, what to eat, how much that leaves you satiated to maintain your deficit, your maintenance, your bulk. These are all important things that drugs like this strip you of being able to learn how to control naturally.

Guess we will see. There was a point in life when I didn't rely on food to make me feel better and at the moment it does. Just because people don't do it the way that you do, even if they're not ABUSING something, doesn't make them wrong. Like I said, I'm doing the other things along with it, and I'm not being stupid about how I'm taking it. I know a number of people who have taken it and have had great success in keeping the weight off. NOT EVERYONE GAINS THE WEIGHT BACK. Please keep that in mind before you start saying that I won't "learn".

I was just trying to remind OP that it is possible to take the medication and still eat. The approach being taken by them is NOT going to succeed.

So, you're magically going to know how to eat proteins, fats and carbs perfectly to curb your appetite and sustain you, while also not keeping am emotional attachment to foods after having used a drug to suppress your appetite. Do you know what learning is? It's a process. That process takes time. Time you're wasting using a drug to reach a goal, rather than reaching that goal through normal means.

Btw, I held an emotional attachment to food to. Stress, depression, etc. Oh hell yes I was in the cabinets ravenously searching for food. I learned and found other outlets. So yes, I do think you won't learn from using a suppressant

Okay...say/think what you will. It is obvious that you don't know me or what I do and do not know.

Are you sure? You're the one who posted that you're taking phen on a public fitness forum and expected not to get badgered about it. So, maybe stupid's not the right word, but not firing on all cylinders, certainly.

As I stated before, it's obvious that no one here knows me. They think they know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING. That being said, have a great day!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

As I stated before, it's obvious that no one here knows me. They think they know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING. That being said, have a great day!

Stop and think for a moment that "Guess we will see" is your answer to how you will keep the weight off once you lose it.

You do not have a long-term plan, at all. You have no idea what you will do once you are off the medication.

That's a problem.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

Has anyone called you names? Told you that you were stupid or worthless?

No, they haven't.

The people here are being honest about how dangerous and unhealthy these habits are. If I tell a smoker that smoking is dangerous, do they accuse me of "tearing them to shreds?" Highly doubtful.

Regardless of my feelings on appetite suppressant drugs, I highly suspect that eating one meal a day of just broth is not what your doctor had in mind when s/he prescribed the drug for you.

Please get help. Best wishes to you.

Edited for typo
  • BadKittie05
    BadKittie05 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

Stop and think for a moment that "Guess we will see" is your answer to how you will keep the weight off once you lose it.

You do not have a long-term plan, at all. You have no idea what you will do once you are off the medication.

That's a problem.

"Guess we will see" was in response to the idea that someone knows exactly what will happen to me. In other words, I guess we will see if you know everything like you think, or if I will be successful in counting my calories properly, eating properly, working out properly AND taking the "evil little pill". I don't understand how it can be possible to automatically be labeled as "lazy" when I'm putting the work in as well. If I were taking the pill and just sitting around and not eating, sure you could call me "stupid", "uneducated", or accuse me of "not firing on all pistons", but that is simply not the case. I don't expect this to be an easy journey, and contrary to what it seems as though people believe will happen, I PLAN (there's the word you're looking for) to continue to eat properly and exercise after I reach my "goal". And BTW, I don't say "goal weight" because I am more concerned with getting this under control and forming new HABITS that will last me a lifetime. Goal means healthy. Some people need surgery, some people take pills, and some people don't do anything extra. You shouldn't put someone else down just for doing something different from you.