clean desserts please!

Options
runway12
runway12 Posts: 63 Member
I love ending my day with a little treat, but I always want it to be healthy. I'm getting kind of tired of arctic zero, greek yogurt, fruit parfaits, fruit, etc. haha I have tried lots of different things : ) Is there any recipes (preferably without flour) or even a healthy or healthy-ish treat you buy at a store? I always see those skinny cow desserts but it seems like those are just unhealthy ice cream bars shrunk in size for less calories :P Ideas?!

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Talenti is clean as long as you don't drop it on the way to your mouth :flowerforyou:
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Yea, change your attitude towards food.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Just eat what u want in moderation girl!
  • xplosion80
    xplosion80 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want.... Run for 30 mins (or more based on how much you eat) to compensate.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Why not have a serving of ice cream or a cookie?? These foods aren't bad, in moderation.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Eating pop-tarts in the shower.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't know dude.

I mean, one of my favorite snacks/treats in the summer time is plain greek yogurt mixed with fresh strawberries and a serving of Nutella. Helps me meet my protein goals and tastes pretty delicious at the same time.

But I guess I'm a little unclear on the definition of "clean" and "healthy". I just try to meet my body's nutritional requirements with a moderate and balanced diet, which sometimes includes Ben & Jerry's. :smile:
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Baked apple!
  • MissxAsh
    MissxAsh Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Whenever I crave cheesecake I spread a little bit of cream cheese over a Graham cracker and my sweet tooth is satisfied :smile:
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    A few years back, when I was 250 pounds and flirting with diabetes, I discovered many low sugar, low calorie desserts. Now that I'm down in the 180 range, I still eat some of them. My favorite frozen pie recipe is:

8 oz Lite {or sugar free} Cool Whip
    1 package Sugar free Jello {of your favorite flavor}
    2 packages Lite Yoplait yogurt {matching jello flavor}
    I have made this in just about ever flavor you can think of. It's 91 calories a serving.

And a 66 calorie chilled pudding I really like:

1 1.4 oz packages of Jello sugar free pudding and pie filling
    1 1/2 cups skim milk
    2 cups lite Cool Whip

Tonight we served cheesecake pudding on frozen Margarita pie. They were very good together.

10294476_727970570581402_2017417441154860278_n.jpg
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Try googling clean eating desserts. There are lots out there. I eat clean 80% and have made "clean" brownies, chocolate pb cups, junior mints, you name it. j
  • CDogg17
    CDogg17 Posts: 27
    Options
    I just ate the booty off an Easter Bunny chocolate cake…with white frosting and blue shredded coconut. But since it was the booty, that's probably not clean, is it? :wink:
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I always eat what I want every day!
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Slice a banana and freeze.
    Blend frozen banana slices with peanut butter until texture is like ice cream.
    It's amazing! No sugar needed.

1 banana, 1 tbsp PB, 1 tsp vanilla = 220 calories
  • steph0nie
    Options
    Yum I love banana ice cream !
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,578 Member
    Options
    Define unhealthy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    This^
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want.... Run for 30 mins (or more based on how much you eat) to compensate.
    Cool eating disorder trick. :flowerforyou:
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is very important to have your desserts clean. Hygiene is very important when it comes to food handling.