Change starts now :) Who is with me?

Options

Replies

• pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    So I came back home last night to the leftovers from my mum's dinner party - mini mince pies, stollen slices, puff pastry vegetarian sausage rolls and a Mediterranean vegetable tart. Yum :love: ! I'm a pastry fiend so I'm going to have to summon up all my self control to not munch my through it . I tried a little taste of the tart and stollen and logged it (was within calories) so it's going well so far.

onefitlady - What's yoga meltdown and what does hooking up your bike to the cyclopse mean? If these are both exercises like I assume they are they sound v interesting!

hotpickles - Wtg for pushing yourself so hard! At the moment I'm focussing on calorie burn while I try and shift as much of this xmas weight as possible before new years eve, but I can't want for January when I can go back to pushing myself hard for shorter periods and get my fitness improving - I agree, it's such a great feeling!

Well done to everyone for doing so well!
  • OneFitLady
    OneFitLady Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yoga Melt is my favorite new Yoga dvd from Jillian Michaels. It is 1/2 an hour of pure Jillian (move it to burn calories). It is fun and I use many moves in my own Yoga classes. I love to add weights so when I'm feeling spunky, I pick up a set of hand weights and go for it. This is a new dvd for me, so I've only done the first workout, the second is supposed to be more advanced and includes the crow pose.

Cyclopse is a device that you hook up to your regular road bike so that you can ride your bike in the winter in the safety of your own home. I like to use a cycling dvd that I have for stationary bikes, I just adjust my gears to match the type of ride the dvd is doing.

PS - I had to adjust my exercise to a Crunch Abs Attack dvd because my bike needed to acclaimate (it was in the garage and the tires were low). I will do the bike today instead. Also, I passed on breakfast burritos at the office and opted for 2 cuties mandarian oranges and a PBJ on Multigrain bread.
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) I'm really going for it this time. I'm not stopping consistent exercise ever again. Every time I exercise and go that much further, or do a move better, I get so excited. I think that's what's keeping my motivation high, knowing I'm constantly improving :)

Keep it up everyone!

L.
  • NancyMoedt
    Options
    Hi Everyone.

Back at work for me, but guess who was hitting the gym at 6AM? Me. The weather is crappy and yet I still went.

I feel really good after it too. I'm more awake, alert and attentive too.

Maybe I should keep doing that....:wink:

Hope everyone is having a good day.
  • hotpickles
    Options
    Hi Everyone.

Back at work for me, but guess who was hitting the gym at 6AM? Me. The weather is crappy and yet I still went.

I feel really good after it too. I'm more awake, alert and attentive too.

Maybe I should keep doing that....:wink:

Hope everyone is having a good day.

That's AWESOME! I used to do that back in the day when I was working. I had to get up at like 5 just to make it for 6:30 if the weather was bad. I did it though, and you are right, you feel amazing for the rest of the day!

L.
  • hotpickles
    Options
    Well here it is, my impatience has come forth. Three days in (I know it's not a lot) and I'm thinking - where are my results?

Must...keep.....going....

L.
  • Artsgolfwidow
    Artsgolfwidow Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! Just downloaded the app today and got online.... Have a long way to go, but I'm committed in doing it!!!!
  • hotpickles
    Options
    It's Day 4!

How's everyone doing?

L.
  • kpepper07
    Options
    This will be a great year for a bunch of us!! I have a really hard time with the up and down weigh and sticking with something. I feel it is easier to be heavy and unhealthy but I am tired of that. This year I will lose 30, I will get toned and I will stay that way!!! With this site and all the good people here I know I can! 2011 will be our year!!!
  • hotpickles
    Options
    Awesome!!

L.
  • NancyMoedt
    Options
    Well here it is, my impatience has come forth. Three days in (I know it's not a lot) and I'm thinking - where are my results?

Must...keep.....going....

L.

Yes, no matter how you find yourself doing exercise or stepping away from food. It will show up.
  • hotpickles
    Options
    Happy New Years Everyone!

I'm taking today off, LOL.

Not that I'm recovering from last night or anything like that, but it's Saturday (very convenient) and my off day :)

My New Year's Resolution is to start running more outside. Partially because I'm too cheap to pay for a gym membership!

L.
  • fiegers
    Options
    i am so excited to start! i have such a big summer this year. I have graduation, going on a Europe trip, going to the beach and starting college. I want to be able to feel good about my self, and not feel like my personality and my face is hidden by my body. 2011 i want to be the year that i really lose it and keep it off! good luck to all and i am looking foreward to the support! :)
  • hotpickles
    Options
    How is everyone doing?
  • sunnymarielee
    Options
    Im with you two..got to loose this weight..I don't have problems drinking water it is staying away from sweets..but Im giving it my all starting today...
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to get back on track with drinking lots and lots of water, especially since my coffee consumptions shot up! Got to counteract that! So it was 15 glasses yesterday - yay! How's everyone doing?
  • hotpickles
    Options
    I've been drinking my water and watching what I eat, but yesterday was an off day. I am back at it today!
  • mattlovesall
    Options
    I agree 110%. I hate to work out n I mean I hate it bad lol. Well my health started to catch up with me n it came on quick too
    I have HBP aka high blood pressure.,type two diabetes and a hurt back that has a pinched sciatica. Nerve. And that allow getting out and walking impossible. On top of that I suffer from depression and bi-polar.like I said my health was going down hill fast
    At this time. My weight was at 490 pounds n was getting sick n tired of being sick n tired. I made a plan to live I wanted to keep living so bad. So I started walking 2x a day and still eat my favorite foods but not like I used to do. Well I was weighted again I went from 490 down to 450 in a few month under three months. Still doing the walking an watching what I eat n the amount I eat. I weighted my self again n I was now at 419 pounds then just last week my son got sick n went to etc and while there I got on the scale again omg Guy I am no longer in the 400+ club cuz I am now at 398 pounds and I am 6'6'' I will keep this up for my family n my son and you guys on here are all great. My true inspiration came from a wonderful. Singer named JOSH GROBON he rocks. I love listening to his song on the album "Awake " the name of the song is "(DONT GIVE UP)" BECAUSE YOU ARE LOVED!!!!!!! THAT HOW I TRULY LOST ALL MY WEIGHT AND KEEP HANDING IT OVER TO GOD N HAVE HIM WALK ME THUR THIS ONE DAY AT A TIME.GETTING. STARTED. IS THE HARDEST PART ONCE U SEEING POUNDS COME OFF U WILL BE THRILLED N SO HAPPY I WAD N THAT IN ITSELF KEPT. ME GOING N WANTING TO DO MORE N MORE. LOVE U ALL MATTHEW VOSBURGH FROM LAGRANGE. GA
  • simplyliving
    Options
    I am with you as well.

I am already down 5 pounds quickly in just a week's time. Just seeing that number this quickly by eating less, picking better food choices and working out.....means I can be successful. A combination of all methods is the way to go for best results1

Good Luck on your journey!
  • emmaldownie
    emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Lets make 2011 our year ladies and gents :D

my first goal is to break a habit of a lifetime and start drinking water, they say it takes 21 days to change a habit, im on day 2 of drinking 2 litres (approx 8 cups in UK) a day. However, TMI I'm peeing for England! Ugh! 8 times already today... this is going to get tiresome and fast!

Still 19 days to make drinking water a habit!

Good luck all!