Can you LOSE 50+ pounds by July 1st? CHALLENGE!!!

Options

Replies

• car2255
    Options
    I would love to join in this challenge
    Screen name: Car2255
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011
    Goal by July 1st 2011 ( can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for) 50 lbs
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I want to be at a healthy BMI and be back at my prepregnancy weight which unfortunately was 30 years ago!!! I would also love to be able to look good in anything i decide to wear.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I have been doing Walk Away the Pounds DVDs 30-45 min per day.
  • tashie76
    Options
    Please count me in. So, I'm right in thinking that on Saturday I need to give my weight? Do I post it on this thread or do you start another one?

Screen Name: tashie76
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011):
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 50lb (or as close as I can get to it)
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I want to set a good example to my children, I want to be able to buy clothes I like from any shop and not just make do with what fits. I also want to complete at 10k run in June 2011 and to run it all..
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Trying to stick to my calorie intake recommended by MFP and get back to going to the gym 3 time a week.
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I will join in this challenge!

Talk to you Saturday!
  • aborders7423
    Options
    I am definitely doing this.I am pretty active I workout 5 days a week but need a little more motivation to get down to my desired weight.I will see everyone on saturday and hope that I can motivate everyone as well as everyone motivating me.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i was lookin 4 a challenge! :happy:

Screen Name: goobegone
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 234 (??) i'll weigh i saturday 2 check tho lol
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 184
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: to be fit & healthy. to b confident abt myself
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Jenny Craig, p90x, trainin for 2 half marathons in march
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Please count me in. So, I'm right in thinking that on Saturday I need to give my weight? Do I post it on this thread or do you start another one?

Screen Name: tashie76
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 50lb (or as close as I can get to it)
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I want to set a good example to my children, I want to be able to buy clothes I like from any shop and not just make do with what fits. I also want to complete at 10k run in June 2011 and to run it all..
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Trying to stick to my calorie intake recommended by MFP and get back to going to the gym 3 time a week.

Were going to just re-post our information on this thread on saturday
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm in and bump...
    Will fill in the details on Saturday.
    I weigh roughly 158-160 now and want to get to 110.

Screen Name:
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for):
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?:
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?:
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: Rojo40
    Starting Weight: 210 lbs
    Goal by July 1st, 2011: 160 lbs
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: Stop being the FAT CHICK
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: 1300 cals per day, gym 3x per week, walk everyday, P90x doubles
  • kcarlson22
    kcarlson22 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Count me in! i NEED THE MOTIVATION.

Screen Name: kcarlson22
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 190 now I will update on Sat
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 140
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I want to reduce my risks for diabetes since it runs in my family , reduce back pain and look great in my bikini again!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: 1200 cal/day try my best to "eat clean" (lean protein, lots of vegetables, 2 servings of complex carbs limited refined sugars) 30 min cardio exercise/dance 4x/week and try to do something active everyday even if just walking.
  • Phatpatty
    Phatpatty Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    --I havent been so successful at remembering to log in and check message boards...but I do it with fbook why not this!!! I am going to try and stay focused on logging weekly ...-- I think I just need a great support group!! Hopefully this is it :)

Screen Name:Phatpatty ... LOL
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): I will check in on Saturday--
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 168ish.. but I will take anything below the 2's!
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: to look smokin' hot when I take my kiddo's to the beach... to feel good about myself!!and to be healthy!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I am currently doing the 17day diet which consists of calorie cycling... if that makes me plateau, I will probably go back to weight watchers or something else.....Exercise plan is to go to the gym 6x a week...or atleast 6x until warmer weather gets here... to do atleast an hour; train for a half marathon by fall!!!
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    I actually weigh in on Wednesdays, so if it's OKAY with everyone, Id like to make my post now to count for the group. It will be easier for me to remember to post if I do it the same day as I weigh. Here is my weigh in for January 1st.

Screen Name: HealthyEscape
    Starting Weight: 238
    Goal by July 1st, 2011: -50lbs (188lbs)
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I'm tired of lugging around dead weight! I want to be able to sit comfortably without feeling every roll around my tummy. I want to be healthier and be able to jog for miles and feel more comfortable in my own skin. I want to avoid getting diabeties and other weight related health problems.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I am planning more balanced meals and incorporating more fruits and veggies to help fill me up. As far as exercise, we have a home gym and a gym membership so there is no excuse not to work out. I plan on doing 30 Day Shred, Zumba (both in class and on the WII) and throwing in a yoga class 1x a week for mind/body/soul connection!
  • WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm in another challenge, but maybe if I'm in 2 challenges, it will be more motivation! Thank you for starting this one!
    Will fill in the details on Saturday.

Screen Name: WhitneyW78
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): Will fill in
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): at least 50 pounds
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I want to live my life... go bck to school, get a better job, etc.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Eat in moderation, healthy, and within my calorie limit. Exercise at least 3 to 4 times a week.
  • brstraka
    Options
    Screen name: brstraka
    Starting Weight (on january 1 2011): 241 lbs
    Goal Weight on July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs. whatever you wish): 190 lbs.
    Why do you want to lose 50+ Ibs?: To be in a healthier place weight wise and be happier.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 5+ Ibs: Work out 3 to 4 times a week eat a good and health breakfast and lunch and a very light supper. Cutting out a lot of bad sugar that is not needed like in candy and pop.

This is the weight I am at right now but it might change by saturday. If it changes i will post it on saturday morning.
  • crazycelt7
    Options
    Screen Name: crazycelt7
    Starting Weight: 200
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 : 145
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: To finally be at my goal weight! For my health and also to look great with my Bathing Suit on finally!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: 1200 cal daily, 3+ 90min. workouts a week.
  • elf618
    elf618 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: Elf618
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): Will fill in
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 50 pounds should put me right about goal weight...I'll update Saturday
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I need to lose just about 50 pounds. That seems like a monumental amount, but I know tons of you here have done it already and that I can too. The timeline may be a bit ambitious, but this will be a great way to see that others are doing it and that I can too. Great job to everyone for making the commitment!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Eat in moderation, healthy, and within my calorie limit. Exercise at least 5 times a week--lots of running, walking and swimming.
  • kdpamd
    kdpamd Posts: 38
    Options
    I better be able to meet this goal! :happy:

Screen Name: kdpamd
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): We will see. Planning on drinking this New Years Eve.
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 40lbs
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: To be healthy and feel better about myself.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: 1200 cal/day, 45min cardio 3 times a week, and lots of chicken and veggies.
  • dom300186
    dom300186 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i want to join this one two, as i have joined your january one
    dom300186
    SW 208 lbs
    GW 160 lbs = almost 40 lbs more if i can achieve
    Why? because im fed up and want to get into a lovely wedding dress for next year.
    calories per day allowed 1350 1 hr x 5-6 days a week kinect dance central 7 biggest loser
    Breakfast: grilled Bacon, mushrooms, lettuce with chopped toms most days lunch mostly chopped toms or saghetti hoops on toast and tea time: plenty of grilled chicken and stir fried veg.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am going to be out of town over the holiday so I am going to post today for January 1.

Screen Name: jchrisman717
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 156.6
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 135
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I am getting married in September and have already bought my dress before I gained the 20 lbs!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Keeping my calories at 1200. Walking and using weights at least 4 times a week.

My challenges are maintaining healthy eating habits with my fiance as I like to cook him dinner and we like to eat together but he doesn't need to lose weight. So what I have been doing is cooking my normal dinners but really watching my portion control at my evening meals.
  • hollyandfudgemum
    Options
    I would love to join... I am not sure I want to put my actual weight though, feel a bit embarassed :(
  • laurasknits
    Options
    I am in will post more on saturday

Laura