** Breaking News** Do you believe in MIRACLES?

Options

Replies

• BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to thank the young lady who found your keys.

I thanked her and gave her $20. She didn't want to accept it but I told her it was worth it.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I am glad you got your keys back :)

I am also glad MFP discourages/prohibits talk of religion on the forums... as this is going to end up a total clusterf*ck in 3...2...1...

giphy.gif
  • AreUjoking2
    AreUjoking2 Posts: 142
    Options
    Jesus Rocks and so do you for sharing your story and your faith. I believe in miracles every single day!! I'm happy that you were able to get your keys back, and was able to get that huge burn!!! Have a great day!
  • BigCed77024
    Options
    *sigh*

Why do these always turn into this kind of crap? Why is it necessary to tell the OP what your persoal beliefs are? What is so dificult in just saying, "good for you!" and moving on?

He believes God was involved. So what? Does it threaten anyone's atheism to read those words?

You know how hypocritical that is right? OP told me his beliefs, so I told him mine.
    And no, only facts would "threaten" my lack of belief in any gods.
    It didn't have to turn into this but I don't take kindly to condescending comments such as the one OP made.

Here's a question I pose to anyone reading this....

Who do I love more a Christian or an atheist?

I love them both the same. The end.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to thank the young lady who found your keys.

I thanked her and gave her $20. She didn't want to accept it but I told her it was worth it.

I didn't even for a second question that you thanked the young lady, because I know that you are a good, kind person.
  • IvanCasillas
    IvanCasillas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    God bless good samaritans :smile: moments like these make us remember to pay it forward at any opportunity we have.
  • Kguide
    Kguide Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    But shes right
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I think this just proves not all people are *kitten*. Not sure how this relates to the all mighty creator hypothesis.

this. jesus didn't die for our sins so that you wouldn't have to spend $600 because you were absentminded.
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That's great that someone turned in your keys. I've found keys, wallets, cameras and phones before and turned them all in. I'm also atheist. On your end you may believe that it was an act of your creator getting them back to you. Many of us just believe in not being *kitten* and doing nice things for others. Either way it was nice of someone to do the right thing.

Every bit of this.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Good story thanks for sharing!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Why do these always turn into this kind of crap? Why is it necessary to tell the OP what your persoal beliefs are? What is so dificult in just saying, "good for you!" and moving on?

He believes God was involved. So what? Does it threaten anyone's atheism to read those words?

Honestly, probably because this stripped the agency of the young woman who did a good deed. How could it possibly threaten someone's atheism? People probably pointed it out (as seen in this thread, with both Christians and Atheists) that it was clearly the young woman who helped because it seemed strange to attribute the good deed to someone else, be it the Christian God, Zeus or Vishnu. Sure, the OP gave her $20 and said thank you, but she seems to be the afterthought in this story in favor of something else.

Brb, going back to .gifs.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Love you BigCed!!!
  • BigCed77024
    Options

I am also glad MFP discourages/prohibits talk of religion on the forums... as this is going to end up a total clusterf*ck in 3...2...1...

giphy.gif

Lmao!

If I wanted it to be about religion I would've posted it with a picture of the cross on my back (it's a tattoo).

I don't get caught up in who believes and who doesn't believe. I have friends who do not go to church. I still pray for them. I don't need their permission to do that.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

It negates the good deed of the individual who found his keys because the "goodness" is attributed to a higher power rather than being seen as an example of the benefits of helping each other out.
  • Kguide
    Kguide Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Nor should you
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Someone jacked my crappy coat with my key fob back in March. No idea who has it or where it is, I am saving up some cash to pay for a replacement. God is good though, I'm sure I'll find a way. I also need to stop cursing the person who took my coat.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

If I wanted it to be about religion I would've posted it with a picture of the cross on my back (it's a tattoo).

You specifically talked about god and jesus. That makes it about religion. You wanted it to be about religion, not about how someone went out of their way to return your keys and you got a great calorie burn.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

Lmao!

I don't get caught up in who believes and who doesn't believe. I have friends who do not go to church. I still pray for them. I don't need their permission to do that.

leviticus 19:28
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

You know how hypocritical that is right? OP told me his beliefs, so I told him mine.
    And no, only facts would "threaten" my lack of belief in any gods.
    It didn't have to turn into this but I don't take kindly to condescending comments such as the one OP made.

Here's a question I pose to anyone reading this....

Who do I love more a Christian or an atheist?

I love them both the same. The end.

This is how you express your love "Hey congrats you are an atheist! Hope you are right for your eternal sake! Lol ".
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    No. Not even a little bit.
This discussion has been closed.