** Breaking News** Do you believe in MIRACLES?

Options

Replies

• MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am glad you got your keys back :)

I am also glad MFP discourages/prohibits talk of religion on the forums... as this is going to end up a total clusterf*ck in 3...2...1...

giphy.gif

Lmao!

If I wanted it to be about religion I would've posted it with a picture of the cross on my back (it's a tattoo).

I don't get caught up in who believes and who doesn't believe. I have friends who do not go to church. I still pray for them. I don't need their permission to do that.

leviticus 19:28

Beat me to it
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I think this just proves not all people are *kitten*. Not sure how this relates to the all mighty creator hypothesis.

Totally killed my joy. Shoo!

No need to have your joy killed! I believe that GOD brought my keys back to me. I prayed that they would and they did.

Hey congrats you are an atheist! Hope you are right for your eternal sake! Lol

Ahh yes that condescending line.
    Let's just hope you chose the correct god out of THOUSANDS.

Lol believeing in god is like a lottery.
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Miracles happen all the time- it takes the eyes of the faithful to see them! :)

Thank you for sharing this- it brought a smile to my face! :)
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Why do these always turn into this kind of crap? Why is it necessary to tell the OP what your persoal beliefs are? What is so dificult in just saying, "good for you!" and moving on?

He believes God was involved. So what? Does it threaten anyone's atheism to read those words?

Honestly, probably because this stripped the agency of the young woman who did a good deed. How could it possibly threaten someone's atheism? People probably pointed it out (as seen in this thread, with both Christians and Atheists) that it was clearly the young woman who helped because it seemed strange to attribute the good deed to someone else, be it the Christian God, Zeus or Vishnu. Sure, the OP gave her $20 and said thank you, but she seems to be the afterthought in this story in favor of something else.

Brb, going back to .gifs.

Not only is she not an afterthought, but she has reached out to me several times since yesterday in regards to furthering her career. She is in IT and I am helping her look for a position that will advance her career.

I don't believe in coincidences. There is a reason my God, who is 1 of a 1,000 I guess, answered my prayers. See even finding keys as small as it seems is a blessing to me.

I am not sure why it's important to question my faith. The woman who found the keys MAY be an atheist but WHAT does that have to do with me praying and being blessed by her actions?
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Why do these always turn into this kind of crap? Why is it necessary to tell the OP what your persoal beliefs are? What is so dificult in just saying, "good for you!" and moving on?

He believes God was involved. So what? Does it threaten anyone's atheism to read those words?

This +1

And OP, God is Good!! Always looking out for us!
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    You had some good luck there. But I prefer to believe that God has bigger fish to fry than helping you find your lost keys. :flowerforyou:
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Ooof, really, folks???

I believe in miracles. The chances of that lady seeing your keys, taking the time to pick them up and turn them in, having enough ID on them to be able to get them back to you, and it happening all in one day, was a whole lot of miracle going on.

And thank G-d for nice people, too.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I do believe in miracles, I've experienced some really big ones in my life. And see a thousand tiny ones every day.

Love you bigCed.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Options
    *sigh*

This +1

And OP, God is Good!! Always looking out for us!

wish he would fix my toilet :grumble:
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Miracles happen all the time- it takes the eyes of the faithful to see them! :)

Thank you for sharing this- it brought a smile to my face! :)

I am glad you can appreciate it like I am!
  • HeydrichSS3
    HeydrichSS3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

You know how hypocritical that is right? OP told me his beliefs, so I told him mine.
    And no, only facts would "threaten" my lack of belief in any gods.
    It didn't have to turn into this but I don't take kindly to condescending comments such as the one OP made.

Here's a question I pose to anyone reading this....

Who do I love more a Christian or an atheist?

I love them both the same. The end.

I contend that we're both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    in before the almighty lock

giphy.gif

\m/
  • jchadden42
    jchadden42 Posts: 189
    Options
    *sigh*

I agree. Glad the keys were found, and an honest person found them. Good for you!
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    awful1.jpg
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You had some good luck there. But I prefer to believe that God has bigger fish to fry than helping you find your lost keys. :flowerforyou:

No he doesn't, Lent is over!
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Options
    *sigh*

I agree. Glad the keys were found, and an honest person found them. Good for you!

Because its a public forum, because people may not believe in god. Did you notice that no one slated him just congratulated him and said they were athiest? stop being so dramatic.
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    awful1.jpg

+ infinity
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    those fob thingers are friggin brilliant.
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Options
    awful1.jpg

sums it up nicely. Thank you
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Honestly, probably because this stripped the agency of the young woman who did a good deed. How could it possibly threaten someone's atheism? People probably pointed it out (as seen in this thread, with both Christians and Atheists) that it was clearly the young woman who helped because it seemed strange to attribute the good deed to someone else, be it the Christian God, Zeus or Vishnu. Sure, the OP gave her $20 and said thank you, but she seems to be the afterthought in this story in favor of something else.

Brb, going back to .gifs.

Not only is she not an afterthought, but she has reached out to me several times since yesterday in regards to furthering her career. She is in IT and I am helping her look for a position that will advance her career.

I don't believe in coincidences. There is a reason my God, who is 1 of a 1,000 I guess, answered my prayers. See even finding keys as small as it seems is a blessing to me.

I am not sure why it's important to question my faith. The woman who found the keys MAY be an atheist but WHAT does that have to do with me praying and being blessed by her actions?

This reminds me of this:

An elderly lady was well-known for her faith and for her boldness in talking about it. She would stand on her front porch and shout “PRAISE THE LORD!”

Next door to her lived an atheist who would get so angry at her proclamations he would shout, “There ain’t no Lord!!”

Hard times set in on the elderly lady, and she prayed for GOD to send her some assistance. She stood on her porch and shouted “PRAISE THE LORD. GOD I NEED FOOD!! I AM HAVING A HARD TIME. PLEASE LORD, SEND ME SOME GROCERIES!!”

The next morning the lady went out on her porch and noted a large bag of groceries and shouted, “PRAISE THE LORD.”

The neighbor jumped from behind a bush and said, “Aha! I told you there was no Lord. I bought those groceries, God didn’t.”

The lady started jumping up and down and clapping her hands and said, “PRAISE THE LORD. He not only sent me groceries, but He got an Atheist to pay for them. Praise the Lord!”

God works through EVERYONE!
This discussion has been closed.