Options
    Sounds delicious! Thanks!!
  • KateParker01
    KateParker01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bumping again
  • Melinaa_fit
    Options
    How much did you eat? I get confused. When I look at the macros it can fit into my day, but what would be a portion? Not sure, if this makes sense..lol
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    There are so many crappy "pretend" recipes that people claim are "the best thing EVER" floating around MFP. Most of them are titled something like: "Delicious Two Ingredient Fill-in-the blanks" using various ratios of bananas and eggs (or pureed cauliflower and eggs, or oats and eggs, LOL) and they're just vile. Either a lot of people have no sense of taste and texture, or they are so desperately hungry and deprived that they really DO think they're awesome. This one sounds like it might be worth a try, though. There are some legit ingredients in here.

(I have unsweetened, unflavored protein powder. I wonder if it will still turn out alright...)

That's why I tried it before I posted it. I really do think it's awesome. If you go into it knowing that it's obviously not going to taste *exactly* like regular banana bread then you'll be fine. It comes out more dense in texture because of the eggs, but I love it.

ETA: I'm not sure how your protein will work with it... maybe you'll have to add in a few things to make up for the flavor. Maybe more cinnamon, some stevia or more vanilla/almond extract?

Cool. I have been inspired. I'll give it a try this weekend. :flowerforyou:
  • K8Fit
    K8Fit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This looks great! Thanks!
  • alizamanuk
    Options
    Wow will give it a.try :)
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Going to try it!
  • emlee01
    emlee01 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the recipe! Must go buy bananas....
  • Ms_Effie
    Ms_Effie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • errorist
    errorist Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My bananas need this recipe.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

OOOOH NO! Just realized that I left out 1 teaspoon of baking powder... Sorry!!!

I was going to ask about this. =) And this counts as my tagging for later. Between this and a protein powder recipe I want to try I should be good on bread products.
  • Aprill42
    Aprill42 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    bump
  • potatogirl741
    potatogirl741 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just made these and used my individual bar pan. I added 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips right in. They turned out AMAZING!! I will be making these a lot. Must not eat whole pan...
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I just made these and used my individual bar pan. I added 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips right in. They turned out AMAZING!! I will be making these a lot. Must not eat whole pan...

I've been wanting to try them with chocolate chips! Glad they came out good :smile:
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing. I need to buy some protein powder.
    Thinking about adding flax or hemp seeds.