Men... Which one do you like?

Options

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I know for me, I'm very pear shaped. I'd guess right now I'm somewhere around 25%, because I look 20% in the upper body and 30% in the lower. But even then that's had because I KNOW a lot of these legs are muscle they just don't look like it.
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    To be fair, a BMI calculator puts me at 26%, but I look like a 35% in the stomach and a 30% in the legs.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    To be fair, a BMI calculator puts me at 26%, but I look like a 35% in the stomach and a 30% in the legs.

BMI or BF? They are two different things. Online calculators aren't really accurate for BF either.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I mean it's just so odd to me how people take this to be real. As if there are only 9 different ways that a woman or man can look. And were these women and men measured or did someone just use these pictures to illustrate what they think.

It's kind of like this

15-percent-body-fat-female1.jpg

Two people can be at the same/similar points of body fat and look wildly different. Everyone is focused on body fat but ignoring the other side of the coin, lean body mass. Lady A has more LBM, thus has a more muscular appearance than Lady B.

Some people are saying they never looked like that at 25-30% body fat and I'm looking at it and going 'nah, looks about right.' Some of that is genetics and some of it is LBM. At 135+ pounds I am, for 5'3" a bit on the heavier side but I fit no problem into my size four jeans and size small dresses/skirts. Another woman my height and weight might be even smaller and some may be larger.

And that is the wonder of humanity/the human body. So diverse. So interesting. maaagic.

Right! I agree. And not only lbm, but people have different bone structures sizes and shapes. Different places their muscles are developed. There are lots of factors. I don't think I look like any of the women on the chart.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I mean it's just so odd to me how people take this to be real. As if there are only 9 different ways that a woman or man can look. And were these women and men measured or did someone just use these pictures to illustrate what they think.

yep, the choice of pictures is a bit strange.

For the guys, this graphic uses Alex Azarian to show 3-4%. Yes, he is about 3-4% BF in that pic....but that pic of him is from just before a competition several years ago. He was known to have pretty much the driest, grainiest physique ever, especially in that set of pics. Almost no other 4% BF bodybuilders even look that dry and vascular. Not really a good example of an average 4% bodybuilder.

Those 15%-20% guys also look about as good as a guy can look at that bodyfat....not really a good comparison to how most men look at 15-20%
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

yep, the choice of pictures is a bit strange.

For the guys, this graphic uses Alex Azarian to show 3-4%. Yes, he is about 3-4% BF in that pic....but that pic of him is from just before a competition several years ago. He was known to have pretty much the driest, grainiest physique ever, especially in that set of pics. Almost no other 4% BF bodybuilders even look that dry and vascular. Not really a good example of an average 4% bodybuilder.

Those 15%-20% guys also look about as good as a guy can look at that bodyfat....not really a good comparison to how most men look at 15-20%

Yeah, that all makes sense.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I also agree with what Achrya was saying. It doesn't matter what the measurements are (accurate or not) if you like what you see and feel on your body. And if you see the results of your hard work.

Of course we can all be our own worst critic, so I mean when you set that aside.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm at 50 percent, but I'm really at 35, want to be 20...
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options

It's kind of like this

Two people can be at the same/similar points of body fat and look wildly different. Everyone is focused on body fat but ignoring the other side of the coin, lean body mass. Lady A has more LBM, thus has a more muscular appearance than Lady B.

Some people are saying they never looked like that at 25-30% body fat and I'm looking at it and going 'nah, looks about right.' Some of that is genetics and some of it is LBM. At 135+ pounds I am, for 5'3" a bit on the heavier side but I fit no problem into my size four jeans and size small dresses/skirts. Another woman my height and weight might be even smaller and some may be larger.

And that is the wonder of humanity/the human body. So diverse. So interesting. maaagic.

Right! I agree. And not only lbm, but people have different bone structures sizes and shapes. Different places their muscles are developed. There are lots of factors. I don't think I look like any of the women on the chart.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options

It's kind of like this

i don't look like them.
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    All of them cause I'm a total ho-bag. :smokin:
  • puckit61
    puckit61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm probably in the minority here, but I like my men 15-25%. I like a little cushion, more to love :)
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 15-35% can look good on a woman if she carries it in the right places.
  • SalemBoSox88
    Options
    Either the 45% or 50%
  • AndyRogan
    AndyRogan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    25% to 30% and I'm between the 25% to 30% bracket myself
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    yea man 50% get in there!
  • s4naz
    s4naz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt that Kim K (the one in the 30% photo) is actually 30% body fat.
  • Girl_On_Fire444
    Options
    I would say 10-25%
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    From the 15 to the 35 fits my broad range.