Are you a Clean Eater?

Options

Replies

• Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat whatever I want - as long as I know how many calories etc it has. I don't have takeaways or eat out at all, but I'll happily have a chocolate bar whenever I want (as long as it fits into my calorie limit). I also only drink water or tea. I really don't see the point of wasting calories on juice or other drinks.

There was a time when I used to only allow myself super healthy, low calorie foods, but that didn't work for me. I always ended up binge eating after a while on all the food that I hadn't allowed myself to eat.
    standing-ovation-o.gif
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    What does it mean to "eat clean"? I have seen this terminology on other posts too. Sorry, I'm pretty new here.

I eat all kinds of foods. I don't know what "clean" foods vs. "dirty" foods means. I probably eat some of each?

In my opinion, eat clean= 5 ingredients or less.
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I am a dirty kinda girl all da way!:bigsmile:
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've been eating clean for a while now and I love how much better I feel.. way more alert and way less bloated. Sometimes it's a bit of a challenge and/or a bit boring but I know it's worth it in the end. I should probably mention that occasionally I have a cheat day with very very dirty food!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    What does it mean to "eat clean"? I have seen this terminology on other posts too. Sorry, I'm pretty new here.

I eat all kinds of foods. I don't know what "clean" foods vs. "dirty" foods means. I probably eat some of each?

That dirty, dirty, homemade mincemeat! :brokenheart:
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options

Do red and green peppers count as separate ingredients? Because I'd hate if that was the difference between clean and dirty in my Western Omelet.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options

Do red and green peppers count as separate ingredients? Because I'd hate if that was the difference between clean and dirty in my Western Omelet.
    Off to make dirty breakfast for dinner now!! Egg white, shredded frozen potatoes, turkey sausage crumbles, onions, red AND green peppers, cheese and salsa. Positively filthy, I tell you!
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options

Off to make dirty breakfast for dinner now!! Egg white, shredded frozen potatoes, turkey sausage crumbles, onions, red AND green peppers, cheese and salsa. Positively filthy, I tell you!

EIGHT INGREDIENTS? Are you crazy? Jeez... you're going to need a cleanse to git rid of all those toxins.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I am a dirty eater!

Moderation, variation, and no unnecessary elimination! :drinker:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

EIGHT INGREDIENTS? Are you crazy? Jeez... you're going to need a cleanse to git rid of all those toxins.

I just happen to know of the perfect cleanse . . .

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1258212-30-day-gelato-ice-cream-cleanse-diet
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    It means no processed foods. It's something of a moving target, imo. Some people would consider cheese processed. Some would consider it clean as long as it only had a few ingredients. I'd consider almost everything processed but I don't think processed = bad, which is the root belief of the clean/unclean labeling.

Thanks. :-)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

so if I made an omelet with eggs, free range chicken, organic tomatoes, organic avocado, onion, and some cheese that would not be clean because it has six ingredients, really???
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I eat clean about 80% of the time. A couple of reasons why 1. All that "stuff" they put in there, preservatives and words I can't pronounce. 2. Carbs, just simple carbs, I still eat my veggies and fruit. I have never liked canned veggies unless they are home canned so that part hasn't changed. I really just want to cut out as much of the processed foods as I can. The one thing I'm not giving up is my yogurt. I've discovered Voskos greek and I love it. Fage also is very yummy.
  • ndj1979
    Options

disgustingly dirty
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I eat clean about 80% of the time. A couple of reasons why 1. All that "stuff" they put in there, preservatives and words I can't pronounce. 2. Carbs, just simple carbs, I still eat my veggies and fruit. I have never liked canned veggies unless they are home canned so that part hasn't changed. I really just want to cut out as much of the processed foods as I can. The one thing I'm not giving up is my yogurt. I've discovered Voskos greek and I love it. Fage also is very yummy.

do you have a carb sensitivity?
  • tmauck4472
    Options

so if I made an omelet with eggs, free range chicken, organic tomatoes, organic avocado, onion, and some cheese that would not be clean because it has six ingredients, really???

Umm no...more than 5 ingredients listed on the package. LOL
  • tmauck4472
    Options

Not at all, but by giving up those carbs I find I don't crave sugary stuff.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Umm no...more than 5 ingredients listed on the package. LOL

But why does it matter whether it's mixed together prior to purchase or after? I mean, I kinda "get" the "things I can't pronounce" rule, although I still don't agree with it and I think it's a logical fallacy. But if something has 6 ingredients and they're all things you know, why is that worse than something with 4 ingredients?
  • ndj1979
    Options

Not at all, but by giving up those carbs I find I don't crave sugary stuff.

not really sure I see the connection between carbs and craving sugary stuff…..but whatever floats your boat...
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options

There was also mayo, tuna and shrimp. Pretty sure I'm gon' die.

Also, I have a "clean" snack planned too... Fried pork rinds, Aged Cayenne Red Pepper, Vinegar, Salt, Garlic. 5 ingredients... must be clean, right?:laugh: