Prefilling MFP?

Options

Replies

• Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Never, because I don't stick to any kind of plan or schedule as to what I eat or when.

It seems that we are in the minority group (older people don't pre-log :blushing: )
  • GypsieFlower94
    Options
    I also do this. Especially if I know what I am having for dinner, I will log that first, so then I know how much I can eat over the day to not go over once I have dinner, if that makes sense.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I do this if I've already made the food for the next day or have the nutritional value (if I'm going out to a restaurant). I'm actually pre-logging at this moment haha
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I pre-logged daily when I first started logging consistently. Now that I've sort of learned how to moderate my calorie intake during the day and can recognize how many calories I should be saving and eating at future meals, I don't need to as much. But I do log meals in advance if they're already weighed and packed.
  • RToland45
    RToland45 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Everyday! Like another poster, it keeps me from cheating!
  • polostaber
    polostaber Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yessssssss.....of course. Your planning ahead. Very smart....food and money are the same...budget and save....
  • boothjh
    boothjh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yep. all the time
  • babsabs2011
    babsabs2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I always do for breakfast, lunch, and snacks during the day at work. I never know what dinner will be until I get home from work, so that just gets logged after I eat. It definitely helps keep me on track during the day!!
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I usually pre-log one meal as I have a fair idea either the night before or first thing in the morning what will be for lunch or dinner. I can then work my day in around this.

I have been caught before eating not enough in the day (or too much) and having to try to balance it up at dinner time. Doesn't always happen but some foods still spit out a calorie surprise every now and then.
  • mandamerlot
    mandamerlot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Never. Never even crossed my mind to be honest.

Considering doing it now though. I do meal plan all meals & snacks so I know roughly where I am going to come in every day, though now that I am paying more attention to macros, it might be worth more serious consideration.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I don't-- I like the freedom of eating whatever I choose to when I want (obviously as long as it fits into my calorie goal). Plus if I pre-fill things, I find I obsess about how much I'm eating in a way I don't when I log after I eat.

Some of my MFP friends pre-log their whole day. It seems to work well for some people-- I'm just not one of them.
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Yup!
    I pre-log as I pack my breakfast/lunch/snacks to take to work and once that's logged it shows me what I've got left to work with so I can take meat out of the freezer to thaw for the next day's dinner. My cals earned from exercise through the day go towards dessert after dinner and evening snacks.

On the weekends we usually plan our dinners in advance, so I pre-log those and work the rest of the day around them as I go along.
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I pack my breakfast and lunch and then leave dinner open because that is sunbject to change. If I don't eat something or eat something that wasn't in my lunch I adjust it. It works well for me.

This is what I do. I need structure and food at work, leaving plenty for later. I like to weigh and pack breakfast, snacks
    & lunch the night before. It gives me a task instead of munching. It's fun, too!?
  • Joanwetz
    Joanwetz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I always do this. it works well for me.
  • mrsemmypants
    mrsemmypants Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I do. I think it keeps me accountable so I don't give into temptations. I had no more filled mine out today when one of the supervisors said there was pizza in the back. I knew I could have a piece, but I'd rather save calories and be under for the day :)
  • dortilolma
    dortilolma Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yep - I generally log my three main meals first thing in the morning and adjust as necessary. I'm a big nibbler and It gives me a good guideline for snacking.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a bite until my whole day's planned normally
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I did for the 1st 6 months or so that I was logging. Helped tremendously.
  • amylg05
    amylg05 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I dont do this really...unless I know what I am going to be eating that day then I fill it so I know how many cals I have left for snacks lol :f

I think this is probably where I have been going wrong though and may need to put more time in to prepping from now on since it seems to work so well for everyone o_o
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I try and do this most of the time for weekdays, I'll plan and log a few days in advance & then just edit if some things change a little. I find it useful as gives me a plan to follow and also means I can shop more efficiently and not just buy loads of random stuff then wonder what to make with it :D