There is no magic diet….

Options

Replies

• RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    What a clever post op! Well said:flowerforyou:

I'm just confused about one thing though: are you saying that I should limit my consumption of cauliflower pizza crust? Or eliminate it entirely?
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    But? but? .....what about the ice cream cleanse? :sad: :sad:
    That's just yummy >.>
    y u make me hungry!!

Now I want some Coffee & Donuts ice cream & not enough calories for the day.
  • dunnodunno
    Options

I'm just confused about one thing though: are you saying that I should limit my consumption of cauliflower pizza crust? Or eliminate it entirely?

Why not make Broccoli crust pizza? Why does Broccoli always get shafted?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

eliminate entirely …unless of course you have some kind of carb sensitivity ...
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options

Why not make Broccoli crust pizza? Why does Broccoli always get shafted?

Recipe please!:drinker:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Ndj,

I love you. I just love you.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    That's just yummy >.>
    y u make me hungry!!

moderation is key my friend...
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    OP, I like you.

I've never tried bizarre cauliflower foods. Blech. They sound horrible and sad.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Ndj,

I love you. I just love you.

why thank you SL…

I think next i am going to dive bomb the recipe thread :)
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OP, I like you.

I've never tried bizarre cauliflower foods. Blech. They sound horrible and sad.

"approved"
  • dunnodunno
    Options
    That's just yummy >.>
    y u make me hungry!!

moderation is key my friend...

It's alright I'll eat it tomorrow.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Amen people!

I fight for the right of pizzas everywhere.

Pizza is pizza. Cauliflower is cauliflower. Cauliflower crust =/= pizza crust no matter what sauce you drown it in and it is not a holier than thou way to lose weight. It is a miserable way to do it.

I remember the original cauliflower crust/bread was due to the inventor having dietary needs (probably gluten-intolerant) and it's not a bad way to cut calories. It doesn't make you better or worse than anybody else.

In any case, agree with this thread. There is no "magic" diet since everybody has different needs, and should be working towards health rather than only weight loss!

Unfortunately that recipe went from a gluten free option to the holy grail of diet foods.
    The Children of The Cauliflower were spreading the word to people they could stuff in 5 whole pizzas for the same calories as one regular one....eat 2 calorie cauliflower cookies until they exploded (at both ends)...eat cauliflower oatmeal for breakfast by the drumload...

and learn jack ****e about portion control or real world eating in the process.

CHILDREN OF THE CAULIFLOWER?!?!? :laugh:

The forums are damn amusing tonight!!

The one that made me saddest was cauliflower sushi - using ground up cooked cauli to replace the rice. No. Just... no.

I can't. I just can't. :sad:
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    252.gif
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    ^^^ ohhh think he definitely has a little magic in his diet...
  • jbonilla1000
    jbonilla1000 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    No Magic Diet....just a lot of hard work!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

Hate to break it to you folks, but there is no "magical diet" that is going to "melt off" the fat. So many times we see people in the forums saying I need to do low carb, keto, paleo, this cleanse, that cleanse etc, because they say that calorie deficit is not working for them.

I think you are confused - most people don't choose these diets because calorie deficit isn't working for them. Most people choose these diets because calorie counting isn't working for them (big difference).
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Hate to break it to you folks, but there is no "magical diet" that is going to "melt off" the fat. So many times we see people in the forums saying I need to do low carb, keto, paleo, this cleanse, that cleanse etc, because they say that calorie deficit is not working for them.

I think you are confused - most people don't choose these diets because calorie deficit isn't working for them. Most people choose these diets because calorie counting isn't working for them (big difference).

It's not that calorie counting isn't working for them it's that 9x out of 10 they aren't doing it correctly. They aren't weighing their foods, or logging everything, or even logging accurately. They are eye balling it or using measuring cups. They are over estimating their burns and believing what MFP says they burned.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

It's not that calorie counting isn't working for them it's that 9x out of 10 they aren't doing it correctly. They aren't weighing their foods, or logging everything, or even logging accurately. They are eye balling it or using measuring cups. They are over estimating their burns and believing what MFP says they burned.

Sorry, that's not what I mean.

Some people struggle with restricting their calorie intake without changing their eating strategy and simply struggle with moving straight from eating x, y & z in large portions to eating x,y & z in smaller portions.

Not to mention some people also find it unrealistic or unnecessary to have to weight everything they eat and to log everything they eat.

Calorie counting is great for some but not for others.

The others choose different routes which work for them (some will take a few attempts at different things to find what works for them) they may start with calorie counting and then move to cleanse and then to Low carb and then finally find that vegan is their thing.

The point is I'm sure most people who diet - whether its restricted calories, restricted food groups etc do not believe there's a magic pill.

All diets require sacrifice - it's finding the one that feels like the least sacrifice for the individual.
  • lyminge52
    lyminge52 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You really make sense, this is what I have always believed.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Well said, OP!

People are always asking me "What's the secret? What kind of magical diet are you doing?" I tell them it's not magic at all. Calorie deficit and more movement! They always seem so disappointed with hearing that...
This discussion has been closed.