December Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    So I highly doubt I'm going to make 40 miles in two days. There just won't be enough time for it. I have walked the 2-Day Avon Walk for Breast Cancer twice where you walk 39.3 miles in two days, but that is an all day thing. I'll put in a few more miles today and tomorrow and eventhough I won't reach my goal of 100miles, I am super proud that I have moved more than half of that :drinker:

Amonth and a half ago I wasn't moving at all. Now I am 12 lbs lighter, more energetic and much happier. I know that there were days where I could have walked a few miles and didn't just because I didn't feel like it. But, the fact that I achieved as much as I did just motivates me to try again next month.

Congratulations to all that made their goals and to all that participated even a little bit. Let this be motivation to continue our mission to be healthier and more fit.

Happy New Year to all!!!!
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    not giving up! went 3 miles last night on the treadmill :bigsmile:
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Come on all of you who need a push and congrats to all who completed your mission!!! Great contest!!!! Whats next??
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Current mileage: 64.85
    Goal mileage: 75
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Dinos.... thank you for keeping track!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Very cool! Psyched for the next challenge...maybe it could be a squats/crunches challenge!
  • KCmom
    KCmom Posts: 124
    Options
    4 more today - running!

exercise.png
  • KCmom
    KCmom Posts: 124
    Options
    To Dinos: That's awesome!!!:happy:
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I had done a ton of walking/jogging this month. I did a lot of 7K+ step days. I'd have to go through my workbooks and notes for the month but I bet I went past my 60 miles.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Got in anoher 4 miles on my elliptical to put me at 124.5 miles!! Thank you Dinos, the chart is great!!
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    4.1 miles yesterday, thanks to Dinos for the motivation! :flowerforyou:
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    4 miles on elliptical, another half mile run today... woo!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    4 more miles thursday

i'm at 96% so i i have 3 miles to do friday.....
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just added another 4.1 miles (walking) at 11:45pm on 12/30....that leaves me 10.8 miles to do TOMORROW. I'm going to the gym and I'll run some of it, but I'm not quite up to running 11 miles so I'll be doing most of that on a stationary bike.

Again, like I said yesterday, this month has already been a huge WIN for me personally so I'm already pretty happy about how much I've moved this month. I'm just SOOOO close, it'll make me nuts if I come this close just to not make it!! =}
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Ran/walked a 10K last night, rode the bike to work this morning and finally made my 200 mile goal for December :drinker:
    It took me about 8-9 hours of exercise weekly + a few minutes every day to prepare the chart, but it was well worth it. As soon as you post your final numbers I'll publish a final chart for the challenge.

If you all want to go on with a January challenge, I'm in.
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Good morn!

I did my last 3 bike miles & BARELY made my goal, but made it!

Yes I'd like to do another challenge for January .:smile:

Thanks guys/ gals... great challenge, :drinker: to all that participated!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Going out for a 1/2 marathon (training walk/run) in about an hour. I went ahead and added the milage so you dont have to wait on me for the chart.

Been a rough month with tons of road blocks, I am shocked I made it. I'm in for Jan though I have no idea how to set my milage. I should do about 75 assuming the weather holds out for me. I don't think it will though, looks like we're in for a long winter.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    My final walk for 2010 and 4.5 more miles to add. Wishing you all a Very Happy and Healthy New Year and see you in the January 2011 challenge X
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I didn't do very well- But I am going for a run later. I will add it as my final total. I will try again if someone is going to do another challenge like this one!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Ran/walked a 10K last night, rode the bike to work this morning and finally made my 200 mile goal for December :drinker:
    It took me about 8-9 hours of exercise weekly + a few minutes every day to prepare the chart, but it was well worth it. As soon as you post your final numbers I'll publish a final chart for the challenge.

If you all want to go on with a January challenge, I'm in.

I'm in for another Move Your *kitten* challenge BUT I wish it was a move it "ANYWAY" challenge not just with mileage!! I did not miss ONE day of physical activity in 2010. I worked out with weight lifting (on my own or using P90X & ChaLEAN Xtreme), Insanity Series, Bob Harper Cardio Series, (other cardio dvd's), I ran, walked, kick boxed, biked, ellipticall'ed etc; etc;! I just MOVED my *kitten* daily!!! Doing different things KEPT me motivated, so you see what I'm saying when I ask for a "ANYWAY" challenge? I thank you for the charts and I wish you continued health in the new year!!!
    I will not be logging MILES today but I am working out to Bob Harpers "Inside Out Method" cardio/strength dvd!