share your NSV for today!

Options
1151617181921»

Replies

• Vivaciousfemale
    Vivaciousfemale Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a long list that I started when I began my journey almost a year ago to keep reminding myself of these things that will soon be my New Normal so that I never forget where I was and why I never want to go back there.

Here are some of my favorite NSV's:

walking through WalMart, Lowe’s, and Sam’s Club and any other warehouse
    size store with out being in pain, out of breath and searching for a place to sit

No longer fighting with my seat belt :grumble: ..love this one

Sliding into and sitting with ease in a restaurant booth, the feeling was priceless!

Dancing for 2 hrs in heels!

New Clothes, and old clothes alterations

Walking 8 miles at the beach

I couldn't do these things before but now I will be doing things I only dreamed of!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Buck yeah.... I went to a department store to get a few workout tops because I need a couple of sleeveless ones for warm weather. I tried a few on, and some other summer tops. Last summer, my t-shirts were all 2XL, and this summer, I'm wearing Medium! I just about cried in the dressing room. So I treated myself to a cute summer dress that was a little more than I usually would pay for a piece of clothing. But it was cute on.

On a related note - the "d cup" swimsuits are not intended to be worn by women who have assets several cup sizes than a D. *ouch* I was almost trapped in the darn thing because I couldn't get it off.
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    The school biology club went to the zoo. Unknown to me, most of the place is up and down HILLS (VERY unusual for this part of the flat world, let me tell you!) But, despite all of this, I was NOT winded, or ready to give up after almost 3 solid hours of walking through the place. (Knees are talking a little, but this is due to my skeleton having to rebuild, not because I was as out of shape.)
  • melissa_raie
    melissa_raie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Today I am wearing a pair of size 29 Citizens of Humanity "pre- mommy" jeans that I bought 8 years ago. Only kept them this long because they were expensive. Still a tad tight, but they are wearable. This was one of my goals to be able to wear these jeans again. I know for a fact I haven't worn them in 4 and a half years.
  • melisj5
    melisj5 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My waistline! One more inch to go and I'll be below 30. All of my jeans that I wear don't need to be unzipped or unbuttoned when I put them on. They just slip right on! I'll also need to buy new belts because the ones I have right now are too big.
  • BERTORA
    BERTORA Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    super
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    most recently i noticed that i have been doing most of my grocery shopping at a Winn Dixie near us (hello fuel perks!) and i didn't even know where the soda isle was lol apparently we don't drink it anymore and therefore i haden't even been down that isle. apparently that isle is all chips and soda too :laugh: I'll drink :drinker: (water) to that!
  • bethanytapp
    bethanytapp Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine who used to be a model told me yesterday that I look like a model and she feels fat next to me.... I know she was just being nice b/c I'm a 10/12 and she is still a few pounds smaller than me, but it felt great to hear.
  • kittyrevealed
    kittyrevealed Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I ran for 3 minutes straight today and 5 minutes total as well as walked for an hour. Considering I weigh 333lbs, that's pretty awesome. Also, my workout pants are getting loose. I had some vague thoughts about worrying about them wiggling down today while I worked out.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Been out with a sprained ankle for about a month (thanks, gopher hole), not able to run or hike aggressively like normal, but I've been working back slowly with short and easy (under 3 mile) hikes the last 2 weeks, and today I felt strong enough to go ahead and schedule my first major hike of the season for this weekend. Can't wait!!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I ran for 3 minutes straight today and 5 minutes total as well as walked for an hour. Considering I weigh 333lbs, that's pretty awesome. Also, my workout pants are getting loose. I had some vague thoughts about worrying about them wiggling down today while I worked out.

You know what? That IS pretty awesome. Take it easy as a beginner, though. You don't want to burn out or get injured. I kinda started out like that when I first started running over 20 years ago. I had never run before and was taking these hours-long hikes and one day I just felt like maybe I could run for a few minutes here and there. I was super slow and mostly walked for the longest time because I was weak in the cardio, LOL. I think I got a little too eager after I started running, because I over did it and kept injuring myself. I'm a wise old runner now, though, so I listen when my body gives me warnings. Have fun and keep at it! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!