When did people notice your loss?

Options

Replies

• Teasaidh
    Teasaidh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My mom noticed but didn't say anything at first. We have both had weight struggles (a lot of my issues stemming from what I learned from her). So far, no one at work has said anything, and I work with 130 women, so weight gain/loss is usually commented on. :/

14357059.png
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Here is what I do, I go to my full length mirror in my underwear, and I pinch in different areas all over my body. Oh, I can only pinch 1/2" there, last time it was 1". For each one of those, I reach behind me and pat myself on the back. It is nice if other people notice, but what matters most is what you think.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    in 3 months i noticed my first big results
  • rguschuk
    rguschuk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have now lost 49 pounds and very few people have said anything about it. When someone finally did I asked why they had not mentioned it sooner...the person said that they didnt want to say that they had noticed the weight loss because it was like saying "Wow, weren't you a lot fatter the last time I saw you?"...so I guess for some its just a way of being polite. Dont worry I put the misguided etiquette in check and told them that a compliment or any recognition is positive. In other words, I'm sure your progress has been noticed, you are just blessed to have many polite people in your life.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    It's hard for people to tell on your body, due to clothes making you slimmer or fatter. I have found people start to comment when they notice facial loss.
  • lavendah
    lavendah Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 10 pounds till now but yeah,no one has noticed except best friend.But I don't expect them to notice either - barely anyone noticed or commented on my weight gain either.I think weight fluctuations may ve less visible in my body.

But hey,for how long will they not see it? When you finally attain your GW,they WILL notice.Even I know that when I lose 20 more pounds,everyone and their mother WILL notice.So,just keep going!
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Well I saw my oldest 2 nephews I had not seen in a while, and I quote, "Damn! What crack have you been using?" And, "Where's the rest of you?"

So that wise nice, kind of. Dang kids. Well they're 18 and 19 but still kids to me!

I just don't see it.
  • Tifftiff321
    Options
    My friends just noticed last night lol So for me 30lbs
  • rugged1529
    rugged1529 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    also sometimes people don't say anything because they may think you are sick and don't want to offend you.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    My family noticed around 7lbs. My friends haven't really said anything to me about it lol
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Few people actually told me something related to my loss... but after almost 29 kg (64 lbs) lost... if someone didn't notices, they're blind.

For me it was pretty hard because the first time someone told me I have lost `a little`, I had lost 9 kg (20 lbs). Most of the few `noticements` where actually after 15-20 kg. I don't count my family (which I see rarely, as I moved out kind of far), because they notice every time they see me (somewhere between 3 and 6 months)... since they don't see me that often.

I got used to people not telling anything. I prefer it that way. Usually when people tell me I have lost, they ask about my diet and workouts and they make comments (everybody is a weight loss expert). I have my way, and I don't need judgement.

Also, I have noticed that most months I lose weight, I don't actually lose a lot of inches. It's those plateaus when I lose inches like crazy.. my body has it's own way of copping with losing itself. :laugh:
  • Debbi2309
    Debbi2309 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i am down 2 stone now (28lbs) started at 12stone 4lb(172lb) am now 10st 4lb(144lb) and am now starting to get compliments, took awhile for people to notice guess thats cuz i usually have my work top on that is a large and been stretched to fit when i was bigger but last week I left it in wash so had to wear one of my normal tops and thats when people finally noticed, my fella had obviously noticed and would always laugh when i put my once tight skinny jeans on and they were ridiculously baggy on me (must say that made my day, used to have to wiggle and dance like crazy breathing in to button them up, now i dont even need to undo the button to get em on)
  • nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 pounds down; only 2 people at work have said anything to me - one I'm friends with on Facebook and she sees MFP updates on loss. She told me this week that she finally sees the weight I've lost. The other I see randomly and she yelled across cubicle land "hey girl, you've lost weight. You're looking hot!" Along with 30 eyes on me, as I'm walking into the bathroom...not one has since commented. My mother says she hasn't noticed any loss, I see her once a week. Tonight I'll see people I haven't seen since 25 pounds ago, so I'll see if they notice or say anything. Sigh...oh well...keep on moving...35 more to go until goal weight

2 out of the 3 girls I haven't seen since 25#s ago - said "you look awesome - great job" as soon as they walked up to me. The one even commented she was really happy for me. :) So finally...things are going in the right direction.
  • faugsu
    faugsu Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My first, and second, comments were on the same day two weeks ago. I know how it can be a long time between comments, but the one I just got was worth the wait. A friend I hadn't seen lately, said "You look fabulous!" I don't mind waiting two weeks between comments when they're like that!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    My first, and second, comments were on the same day two weeks ago. I know how it can be a long time between comments, but the one I just got was worth the wait. A friend I hadn't seen lately, said "You look fabulous!" I don't mind waiting two weeks between comments when they're like that!

You do look fabulous :flowerforyou:
  • raelia
    raelia Posts: 23
    Options
    Nobody said anything about my weight loss for a very long time. When I got sick one day someone freaked out because they noticed I lost quite a lot of weight. I think they thought I had some sort of illness. lol. People see me and tell me how great I look now. People who have not seen me in a few months do not recognize me. A friend of mine was out of town for three months, and when he came back he thought I was someone new in town and was going to introduce himself.
  • Krisydee103
    Krisydee103 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    For me, because I don't have as much to lose than some, everybody noticed after 15lbs. EVERYBODY BUT... my mother-in-law who still hasn't said anything and I'm now down 31lbs... Sorry kinda using this post to vent at the same time lol
  • teeya1984
    teeya1984 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    in my experience, I find people don't really notice a weight loss until i change something else about myself. by this i mean changing my hair style/colour or getting new clothes. as soon as i do one or both of those things, it's like suddenly people see me completely differently and notice the weight loss. the weight loss still has to be something pretty significant, say 25lbs, because i carry a lot of weight in my face and it is slow to go.

i read a post in this thread that said people lose NOTICEABLE weight in different increments during the weight loss process and i couldn't agree more with this. even though i may have dropped 10lbs, it takes a little bit for the change in my body to occur. Then suddenly it does, i'll lose like 8 inches all over and this makes a HUGE difference in people noticing my weight loss.

everybody and every BODY is so different :)
  • briggitte59
    briggitte59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    when my pants are falling down :D
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    My DH and my son. It's noticeable in my face and my jeans. I must go clothes shopping this week for new jeans. I mean it this time! My friends are a bit concerned about me losing weight but I promised it wouldn't be much (it wasn't). They will probably notice when I start putting on muscle especially in Martial Arts class.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!