January 64 oz. of water a day challenge!

Options
I'm a teacher and rarely have time to run to the restroom, so after over 20 years, my body has gotten used to 48oz. of water a day....if I'm lucky. It's usually more like 36oz. (Often it's 2-3pm before I realize I haven't had anything to drink.) So as part of my weight loss regimen, I'm going to try to drink that 64oz. every day. I've done it the past four days, but I go back to work tomorrow (*Monday). That's going to be the real challenge. Anyone else have this problem?

Who's with me?

Replies

• Nlongenecker
    Options
    ME! I don't really have a good reason not to drink all my water. I have a bottle that holds 34oz. at once, my goal is always to drink 2 of them, but it never happens. Hopefully this will help.
  • kgalea
    kgalea Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am so in! I am also a teacher and find it so hard to drink enough during the day... This is one of the big things I want to make happen this year! Thanks for posting.
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Ill join too:
    sw: 177
    gw by feb 14: 170
    5% gw:168.15

j
    exercise.png
  • kgalea
    kgalea Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    So far so good... Got about 12 in today!
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am in - I struggle to get water in. Maybe this challenge is just what I need. I am also a teacher and usually by lunch time it's the first time I get something to drink. Thanks for this opportunity!
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I really need motivation to up my water intake(or even drink any) so count me in.
  • candycana
    candycana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    For all the teachers taking the challenge, I think not drinking is a common problem. My 77 yo mother is going to have some bladder surgery tomorrow. I don't know a lot of the details, and I know it would probably be TMI anyway, BUT, I truly believe that it's highly likely that if she hadn't been a teacher, she may not have developed the problem that's necessitating the surgery. So....

If you teach at the secondary level, consider making sure you drink at every class change. Okay, that didn't work for me, but it might for you. We have 4 minute class changes, and are required to stand in the door to monitor the halls during that transition. I teach 8th graders, so you know there's a lot that goes on during that time. :) For you elementary teachers, you're taking the kids everywhere you go, but maybe if you grab your water before you go?

If you're like me, and you still get so involved in the kids that you forget even during those transition times, consider writing it on the board. That's my plan. I teach primarily through technology so I rarely use my whiteboard anymore except for announcements. My students don't even want to use it, well, except to write their names, lol. So I'm going to write in large letters, PLEASE REMIND ME TO DRINK WATER so that each new class will tell me and help me get in the habit.

I have several students who are also overweight. I"m considering writing my weight on the board each week as well....to kind of share the weight loss challenge with them. Maybe inspire them to do the same.

Anyway, just some thoughts. I know it's particularly hard for teachers. Feel free to share with us what works for you. How do YOU remember to drink your 64 oz.?
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    I'm in! I've been working on getting in my 64 oz. as well! I'm making a conscious effort to drink much more water!
  • missliss1102
    missliss1102 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need to start making a better effort to get more H2O in each day....especially when I'm working.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    80oz today!
  • candycana
    Options
    Holy cow!!!! 80 oz!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Let us know how many times you have to get up during the night. LOL. ;)
  • maeflower1234
    maeflower1234 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge with you. I am an office worker and have a restroom 30 feet from me. I have noticed at first you have to run to the bathroom a lot but after some time that seems to not be the case. Anyway, I need to drink at least 64oz if not more so I am in.
  • kizzy_muss
    Options

exercise.png
  • candycana
    Options
    Kizzy_muzz, I love your water ticker! :)

'Scuse me, I've gotta go to the bathroom. ;)
  • ambrchrstn
    Options
    I usually have a problem with my water too. What I found that helps me, is to get a 20 or 24 oz bottle of water to drink, then give my self an hour to drink it. If I focus on it for just that hour and do that 3x a day, I find that its easier to get all my water in for the day. And then I don't feel like I'm just sipping water all day and getting no where. I also try to drink a bottle on my way to and from work. I'm in the car, stuck in traffic and have nothing better to do lol. Oh, and take the lid off. You'll drink more with each sip that way!

Good Luck!
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I can't join an exercise challenge right now because I'm having foot surgery on Friday. That's going to limit for 6-8 weeks. But to keep me motivated, I'll try to get all my water in each day. Thanks for the challenge.

16ozs done so far.
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    thanks i couldn't find a water bottle...lol...so the next best thing was a baby bottle...lol
  • Kats1
    Kats1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I definitely need to drink the 64 oz. of water also. My goal is to replace most of the diet Pepsi I drink with water.
  • maeflower1234
    maeflower1234 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I thought I had been drinking enough water but watching today, well, I guess I wasn't. I have finished 2 24oz bottles of water so that is 48 down. It's after 5 so I better get to drinking or I will be up all night.