Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ January 11

Options
Hello everyone!

Happy New Year! May we all reach our wellness goals for 2011.

This forum is for those of us who are shorter in stature than the average person. We find that we have special challenges and difficulties in losing weight. We are a small but friendly group and hope you will post with us as we continue this journey together.

I did OK for 2010 and just missed my original goal weight by 4 pounds. For 2011 I've lowered the goal by another 5 pounds to get at what I now feel will be a healthy weight for me.

This will be a short post as we have a terrible bout of the flu going through the house and I'm the primary caretaker of both kids and parents.

JAM

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR! Today I started the year off right by attending boot camp at Fit Neighborhood. Today we played baseball. Each exercise represented a base and a "man in between bases". Round 1: 5 inchworms, 10 jumping jacks, 5 push ups, 10 jump squats, 10 seated dips, 10 jumping jacks and 10 oblique crunches. One you completed all these exercises your team scored a point and then you begin the circuit again. Round 2: 10 sit ups w/lbs, 3 sumo burpees, 10 plank rows w/lbs, 3 sumo burpees, 10 pulsing lunges, 3 sumo burpees and 10 bicycle crunches.......Great fun!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! I haven't been checking in here too much because I feel like I have SO much further to go than most of you on weight loss goals. My goal for this year is just to get down to being overweight (and not obese)... that is 53 pounds away! I'm also trying to get back into exercising after slacking for the last few months. Hoping to get back on track with eating tomorrow after the onslaught of dh's birthday/Christmas/New Years/My little boy's birthday that is December 5th-January 1st! :)
  • sweetiekayk
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here. This year is going to be great. I can feel it. Woke up happy with my 3 kids and one of my dogs in my bed. I'm 5'2" so I think I'm considered short. Got about 50lbs to lose.
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blondie1238
    Options
    Thanks for welcoming me! Love to be welcomed! I'm a newcomer to the site, and to losing weight... AGAIN! I lost a substantial amount of weight a couple years ago but put half of it back on when I hurt my knee snowboarding and couldn't exercise for 4 months... kind of puts a damper on your morale! I love that there's a group here for shorties like me! Again, thanks, and I'll be checking back in and posting for support, and to support you gals as well :)
  • blondie1238
    Options
    Ohhhh, and a question for you all that have been here for a while... how do you add the pounds lost and a quote to the bottom of your posts??
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Ohhhh, and a question for you all that have been here for a while... how do you add the pounds lost and a quote to the bottom of your posts??

Go to TOOLS and click on ticker. From there you can select which ticker you want.
    To add a quote - go to Signature under community.
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    NAME: KIZZY
    HEIGHT: 4'8"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER: 189 (BACK IN 2002/2003)
    LOWEST WEIGHT EVER (SINCE STARTING WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY IN 2002/2003): 150'S
    CITY/STATE: VALLEJO, CALIFORNIA

sw: 177
    ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT: 135 (COULD BE MORE...but i want to see where i'm @ on 135)
    gw by feb 14: 170
    5% gw: 168.15

Exercise goals this week:

JAN 1 -Sat-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX AND WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS

JAN 2 -Sun-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEP, GEORGE WALK N BOX

JAN 3 -Mon-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, @ JMS VIDEO (FORGOT THE NAME)

JAN 4 -Tues-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, @ GEORGE WALK N BOX

JAN 5 -Wed-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS

JAN 6 -Thurs-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, JACKIE WARNER WORKOUT

JAN 7 -Fri-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, GEORGE FOREMAN WALK N BOX

Nutritional goals this week:

-NO FRENCH FRIES

-NO MUSHROOM N SWISS BURGER/SNACK WRAP

-Log all food every day.

-Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday.

-Stay between 1200 - 1500 calories everyday

-BEVERAGE OF CHOICE: ONLY WATER AND GREEN TEA
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hello & Happy New Year!! I would love to join this group. I'm 5 feet and 1/2 inch. I would love to get back down to where I used to be which was 130-140. Less would be even better, but not sure if I can maintain that. Good luck everyone!!
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy New year to all!! Welcome to all our new friends! Jam I hope you get to feeling better soon I know the Flu is bad this year. Completed my six miles last night and my 300 crunches. Today is doulble up on Turbo jam (40 minutes) 25 minutes of pilates and I think it is time to add the extra 100 in on the crunches so 400 crunches. We shall see how that goes. I am super excited about dropping another pound! 14 more to go before I hit my goal!!!:love: I'm stoked about that!!:bigsmile: Mini marathon is gonna be a breeze this year!! I hope everyone has an awesome day!!:flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Happy 2011 to everybody……I am ready for a calendar full of clean pages ready for new adventure and learning new healthy habits.

:flowerforyou: Babygurl, you can change your goals for all your nutrients by going to “My Home” then “Goals” then “Change Goals” and then choose “custom” and you can change anything you want as often as you want.

:flowerforyou: Blondie, welcome to the group….I hope we hear from you often…it’s snowboarding season now---will you be snowboarding again this year?

:flowerforyou: Dancer, I am happy to see you on this thread….we share the challenge of getting enough nourishment without losing weight…..I love to dance….I took ballet as a child and teenager and now that I’m retired I line dance three days a week and dance whenever I can

:flowerforyou: Choco, “fit neighborhood” sounds like fun (and a huge workout)

:flowerforyou: JAM, thanks for starting the new thread….I am sorry to hear about sickness at your house….you are amazing taking care of so many people and still taking care of yourself.

:flowerforyou: Melody, please check in with us even if you don’t think you’re as far along as the others….we support each other….everybody started somewhere…..two years ago I had 70 pounds to lose and couldn’t imagine that I would ever be anything but fat and pathetic and one day at a time I made changes to what I ate and how I exercised and amazing things happened…..so much of the things I learned and the changes I made came from being part of MFP

:flowerforyou: Sweetie, welcome to the group……it helped me to check in every day and report on my fitness routine…..we who are shorter just have to exercise more….it’s just a fact of life.

:flowerforyou: Kizzy, I love your fitness and nutrition goals…..thanks for sharing them

:flowerforyou: Daybyday, it looks like you are doing great with weight loss…..keep up the exercising with us and remarkable things will happen

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I am allowing myself only 30 minutes at a time sitting down then I have to exercise…I took the dogs to the dog park and walked for 45 minutes, rode the exercise bike for 20 minutes, and jogged and danced while watching a movie for 20 minutes….it’s time to get moving :bigsmile:
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    Happy new year! I'm looking forward to a year of new successes. I started out at 176, and have always kept that as my starting weight. But I haven't been there in years, so, to make room for NEW successes, I changed my starting weight to reflect my highest weight in the last year or two. No more saying to myself...well, you didn't keep to your exercise goals...but at least you didn't gain 50 pounds back!

In 2011, I want to renew my resolve to be active and to cook more!
  • kladams1
    Options
    Hi. I am new to the group. A friend was telling me about this group for shorter people. I am under 5 ft tall. And trying to shed some unwanted pounds. I have been training to run a mini with my friend. My goal weight is 110. And I am at 146 now I was 160. I am so excited about the mini. Training for it has been awesome. I take my rn boards sometime this year which is a lot of added stress.
    Happy new year to all.
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome :) today started out pretty dismally. I got sick again (I have Celiac Disease) and whenever that happens my stomach bloats and it looks like I'm 2months pregnant. So. Annoying. I haven't really sat down and made fitness goals, but I will tonight :)
  • blondie1238
    Options
    Barbiecat... yes, I've already been snowboarding this year! My injury wasn't my fault... I got hit by another snowboarder! Let's hope it doesn't happen again this year :) Thanks for the welcome!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Choco – Your Fit Neighborhood sounds like it was fun. I think being part of a group helps you push yourself more.

MelodyG- I’m glad to hear from you again. Don’t worry about having different weight loss goals. We are all unique, but we have one thing in common and that is being here.

SweetieKay – Hi and welcome. MFP is a great site and the people here have all been nice. You will find a lot of support and a lot of great ideas to try.

Nanny, Dancer & VJ – Welcome! I hope you all come back and check in with us.

Blondie – I’m a skier! It will be nice to have some one to talk to about snow. We were suppose to go today for the first time this year, but the flu made us put it off until next weekend. Glad to hear you are back boarding!

Kizzy- I like that you have weekly goals: short in time and attainable. Good luck this next week.

DaybyDay – Welcome! My goal sounds about the same as yours. I don’t know if I could weigh less than 130 any more.

Babygurl – I look forward to hearing about your races this year. I have another friend on MFP that uses races as part of her program. Good luck on adding in crunches!

Tatiana – Congratulations on your weight loss and good luck with your new goals!

Klaadams – Welcome and good luck training for your mini.

Today I feel human again and actually ate something this morning! Except for the sodium, it was nice having Ramen noodles for lunch for the last two days. If I feel this good this afternoon, I will start back exercising.

Happy Sunday all! And here is to a great 2011

JAM
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: JAM, I love ramen noodles but you are so right about the sodium....but they are so comforting when you are sick.....just don't let the scale get you down after all that sodium,

:flowerforyou: Blondie, I will think positive thoughts for your safety this year as you snowboard......how far from home do you have to go to do it? do you get to go often? do you have a bunch of friends who go with you or are you a solo athlete?

:flowerforyou: dancer, I hope you feel better soon....good health makes life so much easier.....I always put health near the top of my daily gratitude list because I know how much it contributes to quality of life.

:flowerforyou: kladams, training for a race sounds like a good way to stay on track with exercise...we have a great group here with lots of varied ideas for exercise....we are different ages and different fitness levels so we can't all do the same things.

:flowerforyou: tatiana, planning to exercise more and cook more sound like good goals......since I've been on this weight loss journey I cook more from real foods and avoid packaged foods and going to restaurants....we eat a lot of chicken, turkey ham, fish served with a lot of steamed vegetables and sometimes sweet potatoes

:flowerforyou: today is my Isagenix cleanse day so I take it easy except for a group of easy chores and some exercise.....I've taken the dogs to the dog park where it wasn't crowded and they ran and I walked for 50 minutes.....all the water faucets are shut off for the winter so I had to walk all the way to the restrooms to fill the water bucket and since the water source was a normal bathroom sink, I couldn't fill the bucket very full.....tomorrow I'll have a better plan.:bigsmile:
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Add me to the group!
    5'2, 156 lbs (CW)

Hope to drop 30-40 lbs by my birthday in Dec. and weigh between 115-125 lbs.

In the short term, I'd like to lose 5 lbs by 2/2/11.

My two biggest problems: (1) I'm an incredibly picky eater so I have a hard time finding things that I am willing to eat that I know are good for me and low in calories. (2) I have a hard time staying motivated when I don't have a workout buddy. I don't have a buddy now...so hopefully I'll make some friends and be able to stay motivated that way.
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!!! So I'm back, lost myself for a few weeks there. Figured I'd be starting over at the beginning again but I'm shocked because I didn't gain... I lost. I'm confused since I was horrible but I'll take it. This year's resolution... make it past week 2 of C25K. And welcome to all the people I haven't met yet! :happy:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! Tomorrow I start the Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme hybrid so I spent today completing 30 minutes of Denise Austin's Yoga Burn dvd and 30 minutes of the P90X dvd to loosen the muscles.

Jam: I love boot camp and you're right the group does cause me to push harder. I wish I could continue but I can't really justify the cost especially since I have some traveling trips scheduled for this year.

Welcome to all the new people on the thread. I hope the support you find her helps you attain your goals.